the Rift

The Keepers || Herd Meeting

Sulwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

When you are ready, I will surrender
Take me and do as you will

{Just a quick note stating that the companion seen in the above image is not currently on Sulwyn's person, and I am also speeding up a previous thread, The Earth Says Hello, so that she can make a quick lil' announcement. That is all.}

The rain, pounding against her silver back as she answered her leader's call, did little to quench the aching thirst that plagued the dark mare so. Her insatiable hunger for knowledge had grown immensely as of late, and since waking from her sleep that stormy day she found herself only hungry for more. Her companions -- and acquaintances, in the imaginative, mute stallion's case -- had managed to fend off one inquiry after another about the politics and class bonds that held the hierarchy of the Edge together, but that had only set the grulla at ease for a short while, and she soon found herself thinking of a possible future amongst the thriving niches of her herd. Ink's own line of work had interested the sun-branded fae to a most extreme extent.

To keep the herd safe without having to cause harm seems to be almost too good to be true. If words can do what weapons can, then what is the point of such violent artifacts at all? Surely the act of negotiation and keeping the peace is more honorable than maiming your neighbor's kin, or shedding a single drop of blood in the name of one's own domain?

The idea of being able to cross the borderlands of each domain was also doing its job to spark interest in the mare, for she had always wanted to know what went on in the daily lives of the countries surrounding World's Edge. If the information that had been delivered to her told no lie, then she would be able to see much of the foreign world when she sought out to capture those who posed as threats to her Queen's kingdom, or to return those that had been wrestled from the Dragonheart's grasp. Although, according to the coal-black Weyr Leader's words, a Glazier, as well as a new King had also risen to the throne.

"Gen-tle Heart! Gen-tle Heart!" The chant had made it past her silver lips before she had been given the chance to do something less childish, but the mare enjoyed it all the same. All of her past sorrows with her attempt at recruiting the horned vixen, her confusion and fear for her dark magic, and her unwillingness to break away from the shell that confined her were all drowned in those two words: Gentle Heart. The rapid beating of her pounding heart was purely a sign of admiration and pride in the big bay stallion that had brought her to his home, and she found herself thinking of how lucky she was to have known him before his crowning. Whereas his height had been the only daunting manner about him when they first met, the mention of his new title would have been enough to render her speechless in his presence. The opportunity to see one of her equals transform into one of her Weyr Leaders -- the sweet-natured Thor, no less -- was a greater experience than the silver equine could ever have hoped for, and she relished in the joy that came out of it.

Happiness filled her, striped nose to charcoal hoof, at the sight of the handsome pegasus standing alongside The Dragonheart and her kin, the line of them looking to be the most outstanding array of specimens that the world had ever seen. She felt a sudden longing to be able to do as much for the Edge as these figures did on a daily basis, and glimpses of her past meeting with the Gentleheart suddenly encased her whole being.

"I have a request, Queen Mirage." The words that came from Sulwyn's maw shakily hung in the air at first, unsure if they had indeed been heard. The petite silver mare pressed on, however, her voice suffering from fewer falters and growing in boldness as she went on. "Although I currently lack any sort of information that is of use to you and the newly appointed King, I wish to be able to bring forth new material and intelligence that can be used to aid us in any way."

The rain continued its downpour even as the usually submissive creature raised its head, refusing to bat a single eyelash at the roaring booms of thunder or the crashing of the distant waves. "It would be my honor, dear Thor and respected Mirage, to serve as a lesser Wraith for the Qian and the vast expanse known as World's Edge."

With her short reverie drawing to a close, Sulwyn cast her anxious golden gaze around the group of creatures that had gathered here -- discovering that the ratio of unknown to friendly to be outstandingly singled-sided -- and turned her crown to the drenched earth in a curtsey, awaiting the judgement of her Weyr Leaders.

{Sulwyn :: Mare :: Unskilled Wraith}

Truth do you hear me?
Don't try to come near me
So tired I sleep through the lie

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Mirage - 03-19-2013, 08:56 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Solstice - 03-19-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Aaron - 03-19-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Thor - 03-19-2013, 10:27 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Crven - 03-19-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Sulwyn - 03-20-2013, 02:14 AM