the Rift

The Keepers || Herd Meeting

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

The sound of her summons, of their summons, awakens me from my slumber. I had been hiding out the storm beneath an alcove of trees, and as I waited sleep had taken me easily. If I dreamed, I do not remember it.

Eyes snap open in the dark of the shade, black staring into black, as I rouse and stretch each leg in turn. I slip through the woods and the fog like a drop of water rolling on shellacked wood. It is an effortless movement - I am familiarized well with this home - and it makes me appear much the namesake of my rank.
I am no true spectre though, Mirage is much better at feigning that than I. I am just a little drop of ink staining the paper that is the world.

I settle not long after the call has been made, others who were closer already beginning to gather. I sidle up beside Sulwyn, giving her a knowing glance before directing my attention forward. I am surprised to see Thor at her side in this manner, but I suspect I know it's meaning.

Not surprisingly Mirage names Aaron a glazier. I make a mental note to see him after this and finally finish the craft Lace had started for me. I do not think the sterling glazier wishes to be disturbed as of late, a respect I am familiar with and one he is well entitled to.
Mirage continues, proving my assumptions correct as she calls Thor her newest Weyrleader. I bow my head to him with a gentle curve of my neck. I know he will serve well.

Those of the Foothills have come to us, this I know, as many faces are new to me. Mirage asks them to select their ranks, and silently I wish they would say their names so I, we, might all better know them. I suppose we should do the same in turn, but I am not much capable in that manner.

Then it seems, all to quickly, the meeting has dwindled to a close. I should be grateful of the swift gathering, as they can be prone to dragging on past my attention span, but I had thought there was more to speak about. I glance apprehensively towards Mirage, curious as to why she did not speak of all that Kri shared with her. Perhaps she wishes to instill hope and unity with this gathering rather than to instill fear and paranoia. I know those of the Foothills could certainly use the respite, though I hope none are so foolish enough as to be lulled into a false hope of safety. We have been targeted lately by some outcasts, who's organization I mean to look into, while the threat of the Basin is ever looming.

It all reminds me that I need to leave these borders for a time.

I again throw my gaze to Mirage, hoping to catch her attention. She asked for anyone else to speak up, so I do what I can.
My tail stirs at my side, the tips passing like a brush over the grass, wetting it with the obsidian water of my nature. I scrawl a dragon in the ground at my hooves, small, as I do not wish to garner all the herd's focus if I can avoid it. The dragon lifts up, not much bigger than Akaith, and flies about my head once, twice, then collides against my throat.

Ink dribbles from my neck, the sensation odd, as though my throat had been slit, but still I stand. My tail stirs and the ink spills from my windpipe suddenly, rising at my side now as a pegasus horse. Her mane is wild and short, her expression fiery and her body dark in color, though not so much as mine.
She dissolves into dust and wind, left to water the grass at my feet.

I mean to travel to the Dragon's Throat and share their company for a time. I hope to learn more of the Tio threat facing her, as well as any more information on this rogue group targeting us and the Basin. I have too long dwelled in these mists alone and in order to best serve them I need to look beyond our borders to find the trouble from its sources. I feel confident that Xanthos and Sulwyn will be enough to save those in my absence.

I await only her acceptance to take my leave.

[I have spoken to Boom about him visiting and she said Edgers are always welcome, but I think what I want to do is actually change his rank to Throat temporarily, as I plan on having him do a few threads there, not just one, and have him be entirely absent from the edge in that time. I haven's spoken with her about that idea as of yet though.]

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Mirage - 03-19-2013, 08:56 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Solstice - 03-19-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Aaron - 03-19-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Thor - 03-19-2013, 10:27 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Crven - 03-19-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Sulwyn - 03-20-2013, 02:14 AM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Destrier - 03-20-2013, 05:31 AM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Tamira - 03-20-2013, 10:08 AM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Ink - 03-20-2013, 12:46 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Takara - 03-20-2013, 03:12 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Torasin - 03-20-2013, 06:45 PM