the Rift

The Keepers || Herd Meeting

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

A part of me was greatly saddened to find that Romani and Jasiri had not come to take part of the meeting. I supposed that it was alright, for maybe they had ventured beyond the borders, or were simply off enjoying the warmth of the day. Already I could tell that this gathering was of grave importance, and I would make it a point to pass it all off to Romani upon joining her once more. Every word spoken by the Weyrleader was crucial to life as a herd.

Mirage spoke of many threats pointed at the Edge; a stallion named Tio, who may not be interested in the Edge directly, but in the home of their greatest ally. I had yet to travel to the desert land, for I had never found any purpose to do so, and was much too busy worrying about little Jasiri's welfare than to plan a vacation. Romani was also a constant worry on my mind, for I knew that she was still torn to pieces about the fate of the Foothills, and I wanted to be there to comfort her as often as I could while staying on top of my duties as a Wraith. If only Azel and Kasai were older, then I wouldn't have to worry quite so much.

Another group, the Assassins as they were called, were spoken of. My heart skipped a beat. It was a startling realization to think that intruders had managed to step foot upon our land, but my worries were put to rest when the Dragonheart assured that they had been taken care of for now. Surely the Protectors would be on high alert now, increasing their patrols tenfold. As a new parent, I could only hope so.

To my delight, my Spectre, Ink, and a fellow by the name of Kaj were chosen to go to the Dragon's Throat and learn more of the land and it's people. I knew very little of the champagne Protector, if anything at all, but he seemed willing and that was good enough for me. The World's Edge had no business to offer it's land to those who were not worthy to their cause, nor to those that were untrustworthy. I trusted my Weyrleader with my life, for she had saved it once before, back when I was a pitiful slave to the Basin. At least, that's what it had felt like.

Much to my surprise, Mirage's words seemed to feed off of my thoughts, or perhaps it was vice-versa. My head perked up at the mention of the snowy wasteland, but my black tipped ears dipped backwards and stroked briefly against the top of my poll. My feelings towards those residing in the Basin were ill, even more so when it came to those that considered themselves a part of the group called the Plague. Their leader was the cruelest of them all, and she wanted nothing more than to watch equines and Pegasus alike succumb at the feet of those like myself. I knew exactly why the Basin, also known as the Ex-Edge, had been exclusive to unicorns. I'd not spoken of it before in fear that it might bring harm upon those I loved, but now, I was confident in my new home as well as myself, and I could not shoulder this heavy burden any longer.

"It is the Plague you speak of, my lady," I dared to say, only when I found that the others had grown quiet and I was not in danger of cutting my dear leader off. "During my time in the Basin, I attended one of their meetings. Granted I know little of them, and it has been some time since I was a part of them..." For a moment I paused, expecting a barrage of disgusted looks; I had been a member of the Plague, although not a completely willing one. The reasoning behind joining had been so I could help them regain their home, the one in which I stood at this very moment, but not to reign supreme over the other races. "I would not tread near the Basin or even the Steppe, for that matter, unless you must. Their numbers grew vast since their land was given to them by the God of the Spark, and I can only imagine what it is like now. Bear in mind, though, that not all of them are ostracizing supremacists."

It was then that I finally released a heavy breath, one that I had not been fully aware of holding. Strange enough, it was delightful to finally get that off of my shoulders. Maybe I should have explained the Basin and the unicorns living there long ago, but I could not change the past. Hopefully, saying this all now could help my newfound family.

[Omg Dingo made a first-person post >____> Just trying it out for the first time. Don't know if it fits Xan.]

If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark

Messages In This Thread
The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Mirage - 03-19-2013, 08:56 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Solstice - 03-19-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Aaron - 03-19-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Thor - 03-19-2013, 10:27 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Crven - 03-19-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Sulwyn - 03-20-2013, 02:14 AM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Destrier - 03-20-2013, 05:31 AM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Tamira - 03-20-2013, 10:08 AM