the Rift

The Keepers || Herd Meeting

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
I am curious to see just how many members of the Edge have accumulated since the last time a meeting was called and I am not wrong to assume that it has been many. In fact, I am surprised to find our numbers so increased that even I am a bit baffled by the onslaught of new faces. However, there is something that I see in each of them that is very much the same… It is a devotion that I am envious of, though painstakingly proud of. Each of them looks upon the Dragonheart with a respect that even I feel for her. She has come to deserve her title because she has served the Quian well. I turn to gaze at her with the same admiration that I see within the eyes of our onlookers. Would they ever feel the same veneration for me or would I simply rise and fall a mere bystander to their walls…? I fear for so much and feel for so much that I am helpless to ignore the awe that washes over me in her shadow. I want to serve them well; I want to make the Edge proud to call me their WeyrLeader. I just needed to find a way to do such when we stood upon the Threshold of yet another war. Only this time, it would appear that it’s a bit closer to home…

Looking back out into the masses, I recognize many recruits that I have welcomed to the Edge myself. Crven, Sulwyn, Dúchanar, and even Bernadette are all in attendance and their support is so valued that I cannot help the pitiful smile that parts the tenseness between my lips. I feel so proud looking upon them that I am more than grateful that I took the time to visit the Threshold as many times as I did. They were becoming a part of my family and proving their worth far beyond what I had ever expected. When Sulwyn took the chance to speak up above the crowd however, I was more than compelled to hear her request. Her gentle voice above the dull roar was enough to make me turn my head and nod slowly. She wanted to become a Wraith and I would never dream of stopping her in the face of her desires. Whatever she needed, she would have, and I could safely say that I thought just as much for the rest of the herd. I wanted to be able to give them whatever they asked of me and more. After all, how could I deny them the favors when they had allowed me their trust? “Sulwyn, I believe that you would make an exceptional Wraith. I’m sure that Ink or Xanthos would be more than willing to accommodate your questions should you ever have any. I am also here if you feel you need my help. I do wish you the best in your endeavors.

A gentle smile followed my spiel and I dipped my head low to the mare in hopes of finding her satisfaction granted. However, she was only the first of many to voice their concerns and requests. I wanted to see to it that every one of them were answered, at least if I could help it. However, before I could find my attentions motioned for anyone else, I noticed the beautiful face of Tamira pushing through the crowd. I looked desperately for Essetia at her side and when I was unable to find her, I could feel my heart drop to my stomach. I wasn’t sure where she had gotten to until I heard those high pitched screams above the murmur of curious conversation. I knew that she would be at my side soon and when she finally was, I was quick to reprimand her for her saucy display. She chuckled at my scorn and then finally settled by my side until her patient mother had reached me as well. Tamira’s soft touch was all that I needed to feel at ease under the pressure of what lie ahead and I longed to keep her by my side and when she seemed to sigh into me, noting her place by my side, I felt as if I were suddenly floating. She whispered into my ear in congratulation and the sensation made my heart warm. “Thank you my love. You have done so much to encourage this day and there is nothing that I can do to repay you for such a favor.

With my mate and my daughter at my side, I take another glance back into the sea of faces, hoping to regain the courage I once had upon fighting for the title of Captain. I had made it here on my own merit and over time, I would prove myself in spite of my name. I was gentle, but that did not mean that I could not deal with the hardships that came with ruling the Edge. I had my own family and Mirage to guide me and I planned to use their strength to encourage my own. I would not back down in the face of the future and I would not let this herd down. However, just when I thought that my self-motivation had stolen my attention entirely, I noticed that everyone had fallen quiet around me. What I found was an avid Ink, marking the grasses with his words. It was an incredible thing to witness as he colored the blades with his intent; I was completely riveted to each swipe and when he had finally finished, I watched as the small dragon that he had drawn come to life. It lifted from the ground and flew swiftly toward the stallion’s throat. I inhaled swiftly at the crude display, but his message was clear. He intended to travel to the Throat and he underlined this point by creating a mystic mare that greatly resembled the infamous Kri. I looked to Mirage in hopes that she would grant him this wish because I knew that our alliance would only be strengthened by the merging of our herds.

When I feel as though Ink has efficiently made his point, I think briefly about his motives to travel to our sister herd. I knew that no matter what he planned to do that it would be worth his while, but I could safely say that I was interested anyways.

Many others appeared before me and offered not only congratulations to my new promotion but to Aaron’s as well. I feel that he is certainly the perfect candidate to become our new Glazier and I cannot help but beam with pride at such a choice. When Torasin steps forth to offer the paint his compliments, I smile at the pair. However, he does not forget to acknowledge me as well and I am glad to have found a friend in the Moon Doctor. “Thank you Torasin, though, I feel that I must thank you as well for guiding me so long ago when I felt that I had no path upon which to travel. Your words have done much for me and allowed me to fulfill my potential. Also, I must add that I never got to congratulate you on becoming Moon Doctor- you were certainly made for the part my friend.” With that, I bowed slightly before him before glancing up to find Dúchanar in his wake. He was definitely a diamond in the rough, but I was proud to call him my brother nonetheless. His words were few, but I was sure that I could sense the meaning behind them all the same and I smiled into those eyes of icy Blue. “Thank you brother, it means a lot.

Still more came and flourished amongst the growing masses. I was nearly overwhelmed with the amount of horses I saw before me and still I felt calm. Tamira’s warmth reminded me that I had many things to move forward for and I would be dammed if I didn’t do it for her and for myself. Kaj, Gossamer, Kiara… they were all here, they were all names I knew and personalities that I had come to respect, but when a large ebony stallion with a crimson tipped blade atop his head stepped up, I couldn’t help but feel the intensity of him. He was obviously from the Foothills but I wasn’t sure why he spoke of tension behind his presence. However, I found that everyone was worth a second chance and so thusly decided that his assertions would be recognized for what they were. He posed no threat and wished to help the Edge, I couldn’t fathom a reason as to why he would be unwelcome even if whatever existed in his past was not so becoming of his future. “If Mirage has no problems with you residing with us then I would hope that you can now call the Edge your home. Welcome.

However, after feeling so optimistic about becoming lead, I hadn’t been prepared to hear what Mirage revealed next. News of the Assassins hadn’t been very new to me considering I had met one in the Threshold, but they hadn’t seemed to be much of an issue. I hadn’t found an opponent in the Buckskin stallion that had come to approach Crven about his band, but instead an ignorant fool that knew nothing of what he spoke. But, if Mirage thought them to be a threat, then I would be sure to watch out for newcomers throughout the land. I didn’t want those little sneaks rummaging through our gardens when the lights were out and therefore took it upon myself to start patrolling the borders at night when my herd was sleeping peacefully. However, it seemed that threats came in pairs because the Assassins were not alone in their attempts to wreak havoc throughout Helovia. But they had certainly become the least of my worries. The mention of the Basin surprised me because I knew that they were a formidable adversary after they stole Mirage from the Quian, but I had no idea that they intended to invoke genocide on all other species aside from the Unicorns… War was in the air and while I was reluctant to admit it, we had to get ready. Ink had been right to travel to Throat because Mirage had motioned for our warriors and otherwise to train across our borders. I would certainly join them at some point because we had much to consider in light of recent events. We were gaining in numbers, but now we had to hone whatever power we had into a well-oiled machine. Battle was not a friendly creature and I did not want to go into its den without weapons when its yellowed teeth were clearly bared.

Xanthos, your information is most helpful. I think that we need to be prepared for whatever comes our way. The Basin and these Assassins certainly pose a threat and now is the perfect time to train with the Throat. Aaron is right to ask for their help in building a wall because we can use all the help we can get. But we must remember that no matter what lies ahead, we not only have each other to rely on but we can rely on our sister herd as well. We will be ready when and if conflict knocks on our door and I have faith in everyone standing before me; we will not fall.
Thor

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Mirage - 03-19-2013, 08:56 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Solstice - 03-19-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Aaron - 03-19-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Thor - 03-19-2013, 10:27 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Crven - 03-19-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Sulwyn - 03-20-2013, 02:14 AM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Destrier - 03-20-2013, 05:31 AM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Tamira - 03-20-2013, 10:08 AM
RE: The Keepers || Herd Meeting - by Ink - 03-20-2013, 12:46 PM