Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor</style>
World's Edge WeyrLeader
In the morning light let my roots take flight
Watch me from above like a vicious dove</style>

Aylin looked a bit confused at my words and I wondered if I’d offended her yet again. I really couldn’t get far with those of the opposite sex- they had a special way of avoiding me when it came to chivalry, but I guess as many would say, it’s dead. So instead of trying to comprehend her confusion or the way her ‘brow knitted at my words, I turned away in order to study the various specks of colored petals in the distance. It was certainly a beautiful day and I was going to try to make the best of it, even if it killed me.

I was glad that dusk was finally falling over us in spite of the endings it would bring. I still felt as if I knew too little of this girl, while I on the other hand, sat and poured out my bleeding heart. I guess I was bit too emotional when it came to social happenings, but her opinion mattered to me. However, as we grazed together, occasionally finding the time to acknowledge one another’s presence, I found that it was becoming increasingly hard to gain any real insight on her, except that she was reserved. Sometimes I wished for such attributes, as in, I thought it would be more helpful to be the strong silent type instead of the incessant weepy type. Though, I really guess it all depended on the day and the situation. I tended to go back and forth between bi-polar and just plain manic.

I often told myself that Tamira had something to do with it, but I could never be certain. Though, I could recall being quite valiant just a year ago… and not so unsure.

I guess I can say that I feel the same. I keep waiting for her, wanting more than anything to see the Goddess in which I serve… But as we now have something in common, I’ve yet to be graced with her company.” I was a bit miffed when it came to the Goddess of the Moon because I’d yet to know much about her, other than hearsay and abandoned tales of her divinity. One day I hoped that she would prove my doubts to be ignorant, but until then, I would live without her like Aylin.

However, it wasn’t long before thoughts of my faith were forgotten in favor of the grey girl’s sudden approach at conversation. Though, I can’t honestly say that I knew how to reply. I’d only ever seen Aikith and Kiba and while they were special in and of their own accord, they were only novel for those who could understand them (which was obviously not me). I pondered what it must have been like for a little Aylin to spend most of her waking hours with a common Dragon to keep her company. Where were her parents; and what did they do that they were unable to keep a watchful eye over their daughter? I didn’t have room to question and instead nodded slowly as if I understood. “I suppose you shared a special bond with such a creature? I’ve never really understood the kind of connection that Mirage holds with Aikith, but I would like to know one day… if indeed that day ever comes.

I thought about what it would be like to find the other half of myself, because that’s what they were- the other half to a creature’s whole. One did not fight without the other, one did not grieve without the other, and one did not love without the other. I wanted to feel that power and I wanted to connect with something in that way, even if I had to wait an eternity. However, before losing myself completely to the idea of bondmates and otherworldly blasphemy, I absentmindedly turned to face Aylin who now returned my curious gaze. Her words were soft and quiet and as shocking as it sounds- encouraging. I smiled warmly at her before once again succumbing to the doubt that often inhibited my reign. “I hope so.

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

OOC| I can't seem to get my "Thorflow" on... so crappy post.

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Warm Whispers [Aylin/Open] - by Thor - 03-19-2013, 11:19 PM
RE: Warm Whispers [Aylin/Open] - by Thor - 03-27-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: Warm Whispers [Aylin/Open] - by Aylin - 03-31-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: Warm Whispers [Aylin/Open] - by Thor - 04-07-2013, 10:24 PM
RE: Warm Whispers [Aylin/Open] - by Aylin - 04-15-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: Warm Whispers [Aylin/Open] - by Thor - 04-21-2013, 01:31 PM
RE: Warm Whispers [Aylin/Open] - by Aylin - 04-23-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: Warm Whispers [Aylin/Open] - by Thor - 04-30-2013, 10:45 PM