the Rift

Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!]

Luken Posts: 27
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.0 :: Three Years [Tallsun Born] HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow

Luken's soft, warm brown orbs lingered upon the darkened form of his sister, watching as she battled with her inner demons. He was helpless to save her from her troubled thoughts, but he would do what he could to aid her, should she need it. And, he assumed, she did... Almost eagerly the colt accepted the gentle caress to his brow, a feeling of warmth swelling inside the paleness of his brest. The simple touch was a form of reassurance that few could hardly comprehend.

Even when Laila looked away, murmuring softly about the toubles that ailed her, Luken's eyes remained locked upon his sister. In her time of need, he would withold nothing. "I understand what you're feeling, La-La," he stated gently in return, hoping that he wouldn't be upsetting her by his words, "I do. Mother leaving, it... It damaged us. Father misses her as well, I can tell, but what can we do? We can only cope... And even though she has come back to us, I feel as though she isn't the same. I feel as though she came back because of something that happened while she was away. I feel that if she truly had the choice, she wouldn't have come back." Here, the pale colt resisted the urge to grit his teeth. He was certain that he was making some kind of sense, but hopefully it wasn't too vague for his twin to understand what he was trying to say.

Did he still love Tor? Of course. She was his mother, and he would always love her no matter what life threw his way... But leaving them in the Edge with their doting father wasn't something that could simply be overlooked or forgotten in the drop of a hat. Tor would have to earn her way back into their heats, earn the trust that she once had... At least, that was Luken's insight on it.

"I don't fault you for feeling resentment, dear sister," Luken continued, stretching out his muzzle once more to brush against the velvety darkness of his twin's own nose, "I feel it, too, but... We can't let mother's faults bring us down or hinder us. Father has more than made up for her transgressions." He was only a yearling, but Luken spoke as though he withheld a greater knowledge that stretched far beyond his years. Perhaps, because he had worked hard to not only make Destrier proud, but Mirage as well, he had adapted an elegant way of speaking. Laila had, as well, during their time together.

'So... You're going to be a Protector, then?' The question took the pale boy by minute surprise, and it took him a moment to understand just what Laila was talking about before a somewhat sheepish smile crossed his lips. Yes, he had intended on following in Destrier's footsteps since he knew what a Protector was... After all, their father was a well-respected member of the Edge; shouldn't it be only right that his children followed in his footsteps?

"Yes, it is awesome," Luken agreed with a deep sincerity, finally turning his head to gaze out at the rising sun. It was still beautiful, still breathtaking. Then, he looked back to his twin as she brushed her crown against his chest, his smile growing even wider at her gentle, if not playful, touch. "You'll be just as good as I am, La-La, don't worry. We'll train together and fight alongside Father together, and some day, everyone will know our names." He chuckled then to himself at the image. "Everyone will say, 'look! There's Destrier's son and daughter! They've come so long since they were stumbling foals.' We'll make Father proud, won't we, La-La?" Finally he looked back to his twin, shifting his weight slightly as he inched closer to her, simply to feel her presence.

[ooc: Now time for Papa-Des! :D]

LUKEN
One Day, I Shall Walk the Path of the Righteous

Messages In This Thread
Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!] - by Laila - 03-19-2013, 11:51 PM
RE: Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!] - by Luken - 03-20-2013, 05:33 AM
RE: Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!] - by Laila - 03-21-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!] - by Luken - 04-14-2013, 09:40 AM
RE: Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!] - by Destrier - 04-14-2013, 06:04 PM
RE: Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!] - by Laila - 04-16-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!] - by Luken - 04-26-2013, 10:21 PM
RE: Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!] - by Destrier - 05-04-2013, 01:20 AM