the Rift

Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
WILL YOU RISE ABOVE THE PAIN
OR WILL YOU SIMPLY COME UNDONE?

I am not the best at humor, but I do try my hardest when deemed appropriate.

"Ah, look! There's Destrier's son and daughter!" My voice calls out as I approach the pair, knees snapping up in their natural action as I glide across the slowly browning grasses. There is a smile plastered across my face, for it has been far too long since I had spent any quality time with my children, and I was in a particularly good mood. The chill of autumn mornings always did me wonders in both mind and spirit, washing my sorrows and my worries away all at once, if only for a little while.

Drawing to a halt just feet away from them, I took a moment to examine the changes that they had gone through within their first year of life. While Laila still had some trouble with putting her feet where they needed to be, she had grown noticeably more graceful, more beautiful like her mother. I could remember how frightened of the world she had been in her first weeks, but it seemed she had more than overcome that since then. She had proclaimed herself ready to become a protector not so long ago, and while I had been surprised at first, I quickly realized how foolish it was of me to think like that. I was proud of her, and I knew that she would only continue to amaze with every new day.

Then, there was Luken, my brave little warrior from the start. It came as no surprise to me when he declared to Mirage that he wished to become a warrior, for deep down, I wasn't sure I could envision him doing anything else. I found an immense joy every time he would try and copy my natural stride in his younger years, and although it would come to him no matter what as he grew older, I couldn't help but admire his integrity. I knew that Luken, too, would continue to surprise me until the end of my days, just like his sister.

With a soft sigh, I dropped my head to a comfortable angle and exchanged my surely nostalgic expression to one of happiness. I was content to be with my children, alone and away from the World's Edge for once, despite my everlasting love for the cliff sided land and it's people. Settling my gaze upon the pair, I finally spoke. "You two shouldn't be worrying about making me proud... You already have, the both of you, more than you probably realize." As I speak, I begin to wonder if they think I am trying to coddle them, but that is not the case. I simply wish for them to know that I already am so proud of them.

But now, my mind begins to crank and I quickly conjure another subject to bring up. This one is more serious, but it is a question that has been weighing heavily upon my mind for quite some time now. As I had stated already, I was happy that my children were confident enough to make their own decisions, for they would be adults before long, but I thirsted to know the answer. "Laila, Luken..." I start, exhaling softly, "May I ask you two something?" A brief pause is given, granting them adequate time to answer before I continue. "I want to know why you wish to become Protectors, above all other paths you have the choice to follow. I am not reprimanding you for your choices, no; I am merely curious."

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!] - by Laila - 03-19-2013, 11:51 PM
RE: Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!] - by Luken - 03-20-2013, 05:33 AM
RE: Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!] - by Laila - 03-21-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!] - by Luken - 04-14-2013, 09:40 AM
RE: Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!] - by Destrier - 04-14-2013, 06:04 PM
RE: Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!] - by Laila - 04-16-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!] - by Luken - 04-26-2013, 10:21 PM
RE: Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!] - by Destrier - 05-04-2013, 01:20 AM
RE: Fire Poi [Luken/OPEN!] - by Laila - 05-07-2013, 08:17 PM