the Rift

a long way home [Mirage, open]

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil
[Image: tamtable.png]

TAMIRA

It was time.

Past time, really. I had decided that I needed to be with Thor, needed his presence like a drug. He was the only thing that kept me sane in my blackouts, the only one who could control whatever it was that ailed me. And he had promised to heal me. Such a promise was not one to be taken lightly; no, I took him at his word, and although I could not truthfully say that my heart was his at that moment, it was very close to his. Of course I had doubts, reservations; growing up hated and persevered would do that to anyone, I would imagine. How could he care for me? I wondered incessantly. Me, who is so utterly broken?

And so I had wandered into the Edge. He had coaxed me from the darkness that was a corner of my mind, calmed me in the night. And in the morning, I had sought out his queen, the elegant Mirage. She, too, was a mystery to me; she had listened as I told her the truth, that which I had sought to hide for so long. And as I cowered, waiting for her to send me away, she had instead welcomed me into her home. Another revelation, to be sure, and as I walked alongside her now, I was still a bit dazed from the experience.

We were off the the Throat, where I would explain my departure to Kri the Resolute. During me brief stay in the desert oasis, I did not manage to meet the Sultana; however, stories of her surfaced quite often, and I found myself fearing the meeting as the little shadow-mare and I walked along. It was a nice day, though I barely noticed a thing about it, such were my nerves. I suppose the Thistle Meadow was as it always is, beautiful even though it lacks the splendor of the Heavenly Fields, which I am personally quite partial to. The comparison is much like trying to compare me, a plain, brown mare, to one like Mirage, with her lovely ebony pelt and the gorgeous golden dragon that accompanies her. I am nothing in comparison.

The thought did not depress me as it might have, once. Instead, I found myself comfortable in and comforted by her presence. I wondered if that was how she had gained such a strong following - listening, caring, loving. If so, she might very well have been the best queen I had ever heard of. So many times, rulers rely on fear or power - or so I had heard - that it was incredible to hear of one who relied on love and respect. At least, that was my perspective on it, and I had only been in the family for the lesser part of a day! "Mirage?" I ventured suddenly. "If you don't mind my asking, how did you come to lead the Edge?"

"talk"

If love is surrender, then whose war is it anyway?