the Rift

Flakes of gold for you? (Onni, Open)

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni.</style>

I am still somewhat afraid of the dark.

This is no childhood born malady, but rather one developed during my adult years. Lyhty would never understand, though he might have caught a glimpse or two of the creatures which haunt my mind. It is in the dark hours of the night, when the moon shines dull light on the world, that I begin to pray for the sun to hurry its pace back to my home. Every shadow seems to be a monster, awaiting me with glowing red eyes and vengeance. It was strange to consider, for even Perpetua had been illuminated by the pale light of the moon on that night, but it seemed the dark nature of night could not be shaken by the silver glow. Even though the thought of the cloud kingdom brought a frown to fall upon my lips, I am reminded of another pain, another face to mourn. Moth. He had been my companion there, when I had first encountered the dark spirits of the night. In fact, even when the Dreamscape had produced such a phantom in the broad daylight, Moth had been at my side.

Now, I found myself wishing in the dark for his same presence. What does it mean to be in love? I certainly don't know, but if I had to be in love with anyone in this world, I would guess his name would be Moonfeather Moth.

There was a brief time when he had been within the Throat with me, and now I do not know where he has gone off to. I was relieved to see him well, so I am not entirely saddened by his disappearance. He had never been a fan of the heat, despite choosing to live on the Islands with me. Much like Lyhty, there were few times when Moth was not accompanying me. It is no wonder that I feel the weight of his absence heavily now, even if it makes Lyhty somewhat sour when I consider it. I think the small bird prefers to be the center of my attention, but his soul is still kind. We are ultimately here to aid others in healing. Through the light of the sun, my current shield against the dark nights, we are able to heal others.

I have found myself wishing for the sun's protection at night, and I am not entirely certain when it happened. One night, I found light being reflected in gold instead of silver. It was then that Lyhty mentioned to me in broken words in my mind, Onni glow. Looking to the waters of the Oasis, I found myself staring into my own golden face, radiating a light in the middle of the dark abyss of night. I had smiled then, looking at myself, but thinking of a distant face. The God of the Sun pretends not to care for the wishes of the mortals, but he is rather quick to answer the prayers from their heart. To quell the fears in my heart, the Sun had embued me with his light, which I can now carry even after the sunsets below the horizon. A gentle, kind gift for one of many of his followers. He is guarding me carefully, and I am grateful.

Even now, as I walk along the crimson sands of the desert under the moon's glow, I myself am radiating light. Golden, warm, and bright - the light of the sun. It is through pale blue eyes that I spot the patched figure of Midas, who looks to be scouring the ground under the dim light of the stars. I walk forward, Lyhty sleeping easily between my wings, rested beside a strange pouch which holds shards of metal. Metal; the only remanents I held of my beloved mentor, Voltaic. "Good evening, Midas," my voice level and calm as I smile broadly. "Have you lost something?" My eyes wide with the will to help him look, for that is the only reasonable explanation I can draw for someone sifting through the dirt at such an hour.
""

[ I have no idea how this ended up in first person.... :| I only realized it when I was half way through posting. Should be back to normal next post. xD sorry if the perspective changes throw you off. ]
WHAT IS TO GIVE LIGHT MUST ENDURE BURNING.
credits: aquiloniuslupus, hjr-photography, chocomix, and roar-shack-stock @ dA.com
& wolfgangstaudt @ flickr

Messages In This Thread
Flakes of gold for you? (Onni, Open) - by Midas - 03-21-2013, 10:12 AM
RE: Flakes of gold for you? (Onni, Open) - by Onni - 03-22-2013, 10:11 AM