the Rift

Flakes of gold for you? (Onni, Open)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
You had such a lovely crooked smile
Midas
Sand pools beneath my hooves, I can feel the swirls circling up my legs until the bulk is high enough for me to peer inside without straining. With every handful of powder a few pieces of gold are gently plucked and placed aside. The thing was that I didn’t actually find the metal by looking at it. The swirling granules looked all the same when picked up and spun around; what made a difference was an interesting ability that had only recently developed—I could feel alloys. Ever since my earth bending magic had awakened, over time I was slowly been able to feel ingots in the ground many meters deep. Whenever gold was close a small part of my soul started to tingle and a soft glow would surround the fleck. Gently I plucked it free and stuck the pieces between my shoulder blades, which were then tucked nicely under the downy feathers that rested there.

I was so attentive on my magic that I didn’t notice a certain tobiano lass approaching until she was nearly upon my senses. Her soft fragrance drifted toward my nostrils, a scent that was most welcomed. I owed this woman a good deal of gratitude; she had helped me not once—but twice. First, with an attempt at healing a tiger so that I could complete my oath, and second when she brought back my son from the point of death. Honeyed gaze rose to behold the familiar daughter of the desert, I blinked in surprise at how radiant she appeared under the night sky. It wasn’t merely a glow, but as if the sun was still high--reflecting off smooth muscle until each corner shimmered.

“Good evening, Midas,” I hold those sky blue eyes for a moment before looking away politely so not to be tempted to gawk at her like a yearling. This lady was blessed by the sun, why shouldn’t she shine as such? “Good evening,” I murmur soft response. "Have you lost something?" Her question whelps a wider smile and a little chuckle from my chest, “Nay friend, I haven’t misplaced anything—I’m hunting for gold.” Knowing the next question, “why?” was coming and wanting to save her some breathe I tact on, “I’ve been practicing with melting the gold to fashion new things—though I haven’t found anything worth making that would prove useful to anyone.”

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Flakes of gold for you? (Onni, Open) - by Midas - 03-21-2013, 10:12 AM
RE: Flakes of gold for you? (Onni, Open) - by Midas - 03-23-2013, 12:07 PM