the Rift

Flakes of gold for you? (Onni, Open)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
You had such a lovely crooked smile
Midas
Her glow certainly wouldn’t hinder my hunt, and perhaps she had spoken truth; such brightness might indeed help part the sand from the flecks. Softly I murmured a simple, “Thanks.” She had already helped me so much I was surprised that Onni would continue to assist, absent me giving anything in return. Most folks were more selfish than that, they always wanted something for themselves. Yet this pure spirit choose to heal, to give without thought toward injury of personal self. I look away, suddenly shamed into a position of the highest respect for the patched warrior that stood before me. Onni was a warrior of the heart, and perhaps the most respected in the clan; aside from the two Sultanas. One day, I wanted to be as kind as she.

Onni listens to my explanation without a sound, and I miss her surprise because my own eyes are turned down respectfully. When she shifts, I glance up instinctively to see why. From the contours of her spine my favorite healer pulls out a crude pouch. Curiously I reach out as she drops it to the sand, scattering the pieces of whateveritwas. After a brief moment and one sniff later I come to the conclusion that this was some sort of metal. I had seen silver before, when earth lord fashioned armor upon my shoulders.

Gently I press my snout against one of the fallen pieces; it shown brightly from the light emitted by my illuminate friend. "Would you be able to fix this?" One ear flicks back, surprised I lift my cranium and study her with rising interest, "It is a...sword” Onni finds the word, I knew it as well. The broken blade laying across the ground was much like lashings on my wings.

"It belonged to my beloved mentor."

Quietly I ponder for a moment, my snout lowers back down to the shards. Gently the folds of my magic wrap around the pieces, sand shifts and makes the sword come alive as I pry each fragment into the shape that it is supposed to be in. Great gaps form after the process is complete, gaps and missing pieces that would have to be repaired and possibly replaced. Traces of iron would have to be melted to help bind the pieces, and then I could infuse the whole creation with golden sheets infused with copper and silver to help seal the sword and make it stronger.

Finally, my mind comes to a conclusion, “I can fix it—but, I am curious Onni…” Lifting a one of the sharpened pieces with the sand I turn it and watch the light bounce off, “What are you going to do with it once it’s made whole again?”

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Flakes of gold for you? (Onni, Open) - by Midas - 03-21-2013, 10:12 AM
RE: Flakes of gold for you? (Onni, Open) - by Midas - 04-16-2013, 11:42 AM