the Rift

Flakes of gold for you? (Onni, Open)

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni.</style>

I can fix it. A bright smile breaks onto the painted mare's face as the sand hovers the swoard up for Midas in order, showing the smooth curve of the once brilliant katana. Onni remembers well how it followed behind Voltaic like a noble companion, singing sweet sounds into the wind, but now it was crumbled, just like his broken body had been. Even the holy sunfire had not been able to keep piece his figure back together and capture the golden soul that floated softly toward the heavens, resting easily. Then, the mare had seen it as a failure of her abilities as a healer. One thing she had learned in these many months, however, was that maybe it was not her lack of ability, but his lack of drive to live.

Patients, as many as she had seen, had a common trait if they survived. They wanted to live. Even Cera, far weaker physically than the stallion she had studied under, pulled through the critical condition he had been delivered to her in. Voltaic the Samurai's smile had long since faded. His heart had been shaded in the last years of his life. Perhaps this claimed his life instead of the lion Ra. Onni was nothing but a conduit of power, but if they did not want to be saved, they would not live.

Maybe, if she had offered him kind words of encouragement and a smile before the battle, he would have lived. Maybe, if she had not been within the desert already. Maybe, if she had found him after he left Isilme. Maybe, if she had been a better pupil. Maybe.

The smile doesn't fade, though her sky eyes look sad for a brief moment as she looks at the engravings of lightning on the shaft of the thin sword, the hilt a bolt as well. "I am glad," she says happily, thinking that the sword could be returned to its former glory in bright, burnished gold. What are you going to do with it? The healer looks up, smile replaced with a thoughtful frown. She had no more use for it, certainly, no longer poised as a warrior. "I don't know, really," she says honestly. "I feel as though someone will wish to wield the Samurai's blade someday." Smile is replaced, looking toward the dark face of Midas, seeking out the vibrant eyes of gold.

"I will guard it carefully until then. It is the least I can do."
""
WHAT IS TO GIVE LIGHT MUST ENDURE BURNING.
credits: aquiloniuslupus, hjr-photography, chocomix, and roar-shack-stock @ dA.com
& wolfgangstaudt @ flickr

Messages In This Thread
Flakes of gold for you? (Onni, Open) - by Midas - 03-21-2013, 10:12 AM
RE: Flakes of gold for you? (Onni, Open) - by Onni - 04-27-2013, 01:59 PM