the Rift

[OPEN] questions [thor, open]

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil
[Image: tamtable.png]

TAMIRA

Who am I?

That was the question that haunted my thoughts in the days after the healing.

At first, I had been distracted by my awe. The God of the Earth, inside my head! He had lulled me into a trance with a voice like the waves of the sea crashing against the rocks of the Edge; I had been only semi-aware of his and Thor's actions within my mind. It had been as though the darkness had been seared away. I felt the heat as it burned, saw only brightness behind my closed lids until, finally, I was left alone with only the memory of his kind smile. Throughout it all, I felt Thor beside me, a comforting warmth from which I drew strength. I suppose he had always filled that role for me, every since that day in the Deep Forest when he had first calmed me, brought me back to myself.

And then I had sought him out - Thor, who could control my blackouts. Thor, who promised to help me. I had always thought that I would be grateful for his assistance, when the day came, and I was. But I was also lost. Who was I without that part of myself? And what was that part of myself? At first, I told myself that I didn't want to know. I would rather remain blissfully unaware. But as the time wore on, I couldn't help but wonder. Just what had Thor and the Earth God saved me from? Just what had they chased from the dark recesses of my brain with their blinding light? And more than just that: where did I go from here?

My life had been ruled for so long by my affliction. It was my understanding of the world that we were all granted one ultimate goal in life; mine had for so long been to rid myself of the illness of my mind, and now that it was gone, I found myself lacking a direction. I floated around the herd, talking to this mare and that stallion, watching so-and-so's child. And yet I did not truly feel at home. I felt restless, even in the land that I had come to regard so highly. I wouldn't think of leaving Thor or the Edge, not when Mirage had been so kind to me. I owed them my loyalty, and I wanted so badly to be of use. I just didn't know how.

I sighed heavily, standing in the shade of the trees. I was close to the Edge, so close that I could feel the salty breeze on my face from the sea, could hear the waves pounding against the shore far below. I closed my eyes, remembering the Earth God's voice. For a moment, it was so real that I could almost feel the spray on my face... and then reality sank in.

"talk"

If love is surrender, then whose war is it anyway?

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Her scent mingled with the powerful gusts of wind that came in from the sea; I had not seen her since the herd meeting and I was beginning to feel slightly put off. Our meetings were always so brief anymore, mere looks into each other’s lives in the passing… When was the last time that we had spent time alone, together? I couldn’t even seem to recall such a memory scratching at the back of my mind and yet she was there. In the Deep forest, she was there. In the Grove, she was there. But she was not entirely there, no, only her essence seemed to remain. Whatever had been lost between us was no longer something that I could rescue. It was long dead and I felt that there was nothing that I could do to amend it other than sharing her own secrets with herself. I was terrified to expand on such an admission, but I knew that she was searching… searching for a part of herself that I held the key to, even though the truth would hurt her more than my lies. But they hung heavy on my heart and I could hide them no more, could not suffer with the words always pressing upon my tongue.

I would not lie to her another day because my heart no longer was my own, but rather undoubtedly hers.

Into the mists, I followed her as if she led me by a string. I was intent on finding her and being able to just be near her. I wasn’t sure how I could confess to my knowledge or what would be said or done, but I knew that it was for the best. Her soul depended on my words more than I could even admit and while I was reluctant to find myself no longer at her side, it was something that I feared was already happening in spite of my secrecy. Her distance was something that had not escaped me; it was a ghost of our love that I could no longer bear to glimpse when I closed my eyes.

Turning toward the cliff, I traced the fragments of my heart to the very holder of it. I was tired from unrest and perhaps tired from the effort it took me not to run to her when it seemed that everything was finally looking up. I had accomplished so much in her name and even tried to heal her of a hurt that I thought was causing her desolation. But it was not her sense of belonging that troubled her as much as her sense of unknowing. Even now as I looked upon her, I could see that her entire being was not here in the Edge… it was somewhere else.

Tamira…” Her name fell from my lips like tears and it was hard to hide the confusion that roiled endlessly in my heart. Whatever I could do for her, I would do it. Whatever I could say to her, I would say it. I didn’t know if I could lose her, but if that’s what she needed, she would have it. “I think that there are some things that I need to tell you love.” The words were forced past my clenched teeth and I couldn’t stand to look her in the eye, I didn’t want to hurt her with her past… but it was obvious that she needed enlightenment no matter the cost.
Thor

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

TAMIRA

I should have been grateful for the gift given to me by the God of the Earth and Thor. But instead, I felt hollow, simply drifting to and fro on the wind. At a moment’s notice, it would seem, I could snap, my life leeched from my bodice and cast to the skies. But then, perhaps I was being overdramatic. After all, I had a mate who loved me, did I not? A daughter who needed me? But how could I be there for them, be who they needed me so desperately to be, when I didn’t even know myself?

Perhaps it would be easier for everyone involved if I simply slipped away to drown in my despair. It would seem, however, that my love would not allow this to be so. At first, I thought the light tread of hoof on grass was simply my own swishing tail. Light locks brushed against my heels, not quite long enough to reach the ground, but quite active. But it got louder, and closer. I assumed it was no one of importance, and so I remained, gazing out to sea, listening to the rise and fall of the waves far beneath me. When his scent mingled with the salt in the air, I knew that I could not simply hope that my visitor would pass me by. And then, knowing who it was, I wasn’t sure that I wanted him to.

A pang of guilt rose in my breast as he stopped alongside me, but it was quickly swallowed by the nothingness that had quickly made my body its home. Perhaps once an apology would have risen to my lips, but now, there was only silence. My name drifts to me on the wind, and I turn to gaze sadly at the steed who had done so much for me, who I would forever be indebted to. And yet, what exactly did he do for me? I still had yet to find out just what my affliction was.

It would seem he was prepared to tell me. His orbs were cast elsewhere, as though unable to look at me, and I wondered if it were out of shame or out of disgust for who I had been. No, surely that is not the case – he had never shied from me before. Nausea overtook me – was it the way I was now that caused him such pain? "What kind of things?” I asked slowly, fearfully, dreading the answer but needing it all the same.

"talk"

THOR
Her eyes upon me now felt like daggers to the heart. They were lifeless and void of any real emotion. Guilt seemed to swell from within and I could not help feeling that I had somehow caused her shame. I felt as though I had robbed her of herself and now, as I dangled the truth before her eyes, I could not help feeling as though it was all my fault. Her emptiness, her loneliness… it was all because I was too selfish to admit to her the darkness that had once been her. Whatever lies I had fed her in the past had finally made their way to the surface and now all that was left to do was confess to them. She was no longer the mare I knew and no longer the love that I felt. She was nothing embodying the beauty that I felt I once knew. But no matter how distant she appeared, I was glad that she was by my side, if only for a short time.

Tamira… There is no easy way to say this. In fact, I would feel more at ease if I didn’t have to say it all. But you need to know who you are or technically who you were…” Brushing closer to the warmth of her side, I let my muzzle draw tiny patterns along her neck. I didn’t want to face her anger at the truth, I did not want to fear what happened after this day. In fact, I only wanted to remember her for what she was when I first met her. She was something so carefree and beautiful, if nervous at times. No one had been able to admit to the monster that had once lived hand in hand with my beautiful Tamira… and now I was being forced to draw upon her weakness in order to make her stronger.

Her skin was taut beneath my touch and it was hard to ignore the sense of loss she exuded. I imagined that Essetia was off somewhere, dancing in the mists or simply playing on the banks of a nearby stream… She was spitting image of her mother at times, so much so that it almost pained me to look upon her when such a rift existed between us. I loved them both with my entire being, but I knew that whatever was brewing within my beloved mate was not some small misdemeanor. It was something that was about to change our lives entirely. “I have cured you of a darkness or really another half of you I guess you could say. It’s hard to explain who she was or how she affected you other than she was certainly not you. She was brash and rude and entirely too seductive for her own good. She was judgmental and mean and nothing like you Tamira… which is why I took it upon myself to rid you of her. But as it would appear, I’ve not only taken her from you… but instead I’ve taken from you a part of yourself.

I didn’t know how else to sum up the temptress that once inhabited my sweet Tamira. However, Myriad had not only affected her lighter half, but she had affected me as well. She had brought about a darkness from within both of us and allowed us to connect at some primal level that had not existed before. I wondered if she had stolen our love away with her upon her departure because the void she left in both of us was palpable. The tension had long since dissipated and now I was left feeling just as empty as the beautiful, wounded girl before me.

Moving closer still, I tried to reckon with her, tried to make good on whatever promise I had broken. She had wanted me to heal her and I had, but not in the way she had needed. I had stolen from her a part of herself that had made her who she was and now… now she was nothing more than an empty shell. I followed her gaze out into the sea and I wondered what she saw there. Was it release amongst the crashing of the waves or only confusion? I hoped that whatever it was, it was inspiring enough for her to forgive me. I needed her touch, her love more than anything I had ever known and though we now stood closer than we had in quite some time- I still felt as if we were forever apart. How could she love someone that had loved not only her innocence but her obscurity as well?

Please forgive me for hiding the truth.
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

TAMIRA

Had I always been this emotionless creature? Perhaps my affliction had granted me a personality. If nothing else, it had shaped me into what I was. But now that I did not need to fear myself, who was I? What was my great destiny in life? It is said that it is granted to each individual to have one great problem that they must solve in their lifetime; if I had solved mine, then what would the remainder of my days hold? I was not cut out for anything in particular, it would seem: I did not do anything within the herd to speak of. I had not been a great mother. Passable, perhaps, but my preoccupation with my own life had taken precedence. Did that make me selfish? Probably. And as much as I hated the concept, I had to admit to it.

When had I become this montrous, emotionless void? Had it always been this way? Or was it his fault? His fault and the Earth God's?

Was I really trying to blame someone else for my problems?

Perhaps I was just going mad.

Thor began to speak, interrupting my thoughts, and I find myself staring blankly at him as he explains my missing reality. Had I ever truly appreciated how handsome he was? Not that it mattered now - I didn't deserve him. I didn't deserve any of this. Not the wonderful mate, not the adorable daughter, not the amazing family that could be mine, if I would only participate in it. I didn't deserve the beautiful home, not when all I could do was stand at the edge of the precipice and wonder what it would be like to jump. I closed my eyes as Thor began to caress my nape, and although I tensed under his touch, it was also mildly soothing. And in that touch, I could almost feel the emotions roiling beneath his calm demeanor - the love, the worry, the potential goodbyes... Perhaps I had grown to know him better than I had thought.

My gaze roved out to the sea as I turned his words over in my mind. Another side of myself? There were two of me? And I was so... so... not me? Was this the missing link? Did I, in reality, need both of my halves to be whole? Or could I learn to be whole again? The questions bred confusion, and confusion turned to anger. "You kept it from me," I said, and my eyes were blank when I turned to look at him. But suddenly I felt the rage take me, and I took a step away from him, my auds flattening. "Why?" A pause, tears rising. Not sad tears, but angry ones. Oh, why did I always cry at the worst times? "Why?" The last word is a shout.

But I didn't give him time to answer, instead turning away and stalking back and forth, feeling strangely feline in my movements. What could his reasoning have been? Why wouldn't he want me to know? Situations ran through my mind, and I didn't filter my thoughts - they simply came out. "I trusted you. Was I really that horrible? Or did you like that better? Is that it? You don't love me like this, you loved her? Maybe you wanted her to be the one you got to keep? Or-" I gasped. "Which one of us is Essetia's real mother? Which one?!" The last was a demand, and I stood before him, not even knowing how I had gotten there, my eyes boring into his, my breast heaving, almost hyperventilating.

"talk"

THOR
Her anger seemed shocking against her former state of despondency that had made my heart wrench painfully in my chest. It was clear that I’d made a mistake and I knew that there was nothing that I could do now but ride out the storm… The storm I’d caused.

Her skin even seemed to reject me and the concept made me jerk. I ripped my face from her neck as if she’d personally slapped me, my nerves stilling and settling into a cold numbness. I couldn’t say what she saw in my eyes then, possibly a mixture of hurt, regret, and maybe even a little frustration. I hadn’t meant for things to turn out the way they had, no, they’d slowly evolved into problems that were now far beyond my grasp. I thought I had given her peace and to realize that what I’d given her was the complete opposite… well, it was hard to endure.

I looked away from her, trying to hide from her scorn and for a moment I believed that I could. My eyes danced out over the open sea, wondering what it would feel like to fly. It pained me to recognize that I had been born to do just that, but here I stood, pondering how it would feel to let the winds guide me up and above the clouds. My chest tightened as I drew in a quick breath. Under her scrutiny, I felt so small... and it was certainly the first time in my life that I’d ever felt that way.

The constant roaring of the waves below comforted me as I steadily drifted away from the present. I watched as the tide threw itself up and over the rocks below and for a moment, I wanted to jump. I wanted to fly out over the face of the jagged cliff and just let the sea hold me under. It was beautiful and endless and so full of life, so full of wonder. My mind swayed with the rhythm of the waves and just as I thought that I could let go, she was there.

Her wide eyes peered into mine, though the rage she felt didn’t seem to touch the reflection of myself that I found there. Instead there was only deep sadness and loss. I wanted to close my eyes against it, shut out her pain with the darkness, but something inside of me couldn’t bear to look away. I wasn’t sure if it was the way her lips pressed together when she finally quieted or the way that her eyes creased when she looked at me now, but I was certain that I could see the end coming. It hit me like a blow to chest and I recoiled from her like a weed in the sun. Even if she didn’t know it yet, I could see that she was leaving me and there was nothing I could do about it.

My lips quivered with many things. I’m sorry.

Don’t leave.

I love you.

But nothing was able to pass the clenching of my throat as I tried desperately to breathe again. The pain was unbearable, I was losing it, I was so wrong! I’d lost her forever.

When the calming numbness of realization finally worked its way to my mind, I stared in her beautiful eyes for what felt would be the last time. “You.You are the mother of my child, the keeper of my heart, the reason behind my smiles… You, Tamira are the one I love. My mind filled with everything that I could not say and everything that I wished I had. The tie between us felt broken and along with it, my heart.
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

TAMIRA

Fear coiled in my chest and rose into my throat, choking me. It was a drastic change from my previous indifference, so much so that it was, in fact, almost welcomed. Perhaps on another day I would look back ruefully and realize just how sad it was that my trepidation actually gladdened me, but on this day, I only let emotion ride over me like the waves below. Perhaps I, like the rocks below, was slowly being worn away by their harsh embrace, but this realization, too, was a welcome one. What had happened to me? I imagined that once I was full of life - I imagined that once I deserved the love of the Gentle Heart standing before me - I imagined that once I was a different person.

And the truth of it was that I had been a different person.

The pain in his eyes was almost too much to bear, and I felt shame begin to seep into my mind, a whole new kind of poison. So badly I wanted to reach out and touch him, to reassure him that it would be okay. To be his rock, for what would perhaps be the first time in my life. But my pride was too great, my anger too fresh; stuck in this dilemma, I watched him with sad, tired eyes in silence. Was his heart breaking? Did I have a heart to break? Could I be, now, what I had been for him before? Did I want to be? Should I? Could I? Would I...?

But it was the final word that he spoke that truly broke through the barrier that had built itself around my mind. One word, on simple syllable that rang with finality and despondency. For a moment, I could almost understand his pain, the worry that he must have been feeling as I slipped further and further out of his reach, for now I felt as though he were gone, or going, and I hadn't the slightest idea of how to return myself to his embrace. I had always, at least, been this: socially inept. And it showed now more than ever as I wilted under the pressure of his depression, under the weight of my own actions.

It is so easy to speak in anger, but so difficult to take the pain away.

I felt my lips begin to quiver and I looked down, shielding my eyes from his sad gaze. The tears began to well, and I shut my eyes against them to no avail. They escaped, one by one, trickling down the dark expanse of my cheek, along the fine lines of my face. "You promised you'd help me," I whispered finally, my fury having blown out. It was not an emotionless statement, but it was weary, and I wondered if he would know the difference. "Will you still?" But somehow I knew that he would agree - or, rather, I hoped he would. Either way, there was one thing I needed to know.

I raised my newly cleared orbs to his. "Who am I?"

"talk"

Thor</style>
World's Edge WeyrLeader
In the morning light let my roots take flight
Watch me from above like a vicious dove</style>

Life consumed her, made her feel… But she was not the girl I knew, not the one I loved. The pain was wrenching and caused me to grimace in spite of my attempts to conceal the emotions that rolled in waves beneath my skin. I was scared; so much so that it was hard for me to face her anymore. Was it wrong? I didn’t know what I’d done wrong… I thought that I was helping her, but as it would appear I’d only ruined her. I had taken her life and replaced it with the numbness of being alone.

Everything about her had changed and now I was left dealing with the skeleton of my affections. I reached for her, this time obviously unable to resist. I draped my neck along her own and then held her to my chest. I didn’t care if she fought, I didn’t care if she protested; I didn’t want to let her go and so I wouldn’t. I needed her like I needed air… My selfish needs drove me away from everything that had formerly kept me at bay- I could stay away no longer.

Her skin was warm against mine in spite of her former rigidity and I couldn’t help myself from breathing in her sweet sent. It was heavenly, it was familiar, it was… Tamira. I thought back to everything that we’d been through- the moments of sheer bliss, the days spent in the sun… until it was ripped so unwillingly from our hands. I felt empty and alone now in spite of her proximity. It was disheartening; I had ruined everything. The grief was nearly unbearable. I had wanted nothing more than to find her face in every crowd, celebrate our children, and find her at my side every morning... Was that too much to ask? I hadn’t expected my magic to take that away from me so easily. Even now as I reveled in the burning sensation of my power, I couldn’t help but feel as though it was dark and disarming.

Her pained words finally breached the silence and I froze. However, instead of pulling away from her once again, I remained. Did she know how beautiful she was? Did she know how inspiring she was? Did she know she held my heart? Surely not. Even though her voice was softer now, I could still sense the disappointment that made her tremble in my embrace. I couldn’t stand the noise or the feeling of the way her slow tears wet my cheek- it was agony. “I will always help you Tamira. Don’t you think that’s what I’ve been trying to do from the start? Please…” I choked on the words, still unable to accept that she had inevitably left me already. “Please come back to me.

When she pulled away to gaze at me with eyes that spoke of weariness and mistrust, I could not help but look away. I wanted to face her and tell her everything I knew, but I knew that the answers I gave would never be enough. She was… well, she was everything I was not. She was kind, loving, and above all else she was patient. Even now, when she clearly wanted to escape it all, she was standing beside me enduring the pain. “You are… whoever you wish to be.” I didn’t want the distance anymore, I wanted her close… I needed her next to me. But I knew that she could never find herself with me overshadowing her every move. I needed to let her be free to discover everything about herself that was now entirely too new. I needed to let her go. “Take all the time you need my love- to figure out what you want, who you are… I will wait for you.

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

TAMIRA

I was calm, perhaps oddly so for one that had so angrily lashed out only moments before. Was this an emergence of the other me, the one that had taken over my mind? Or had we become one? Surely this had to be the case, for I did not feel like myself, not as I had been before the healing. I felt empty, but it was a chaotic nothingness that consumed me, pulled me into its embrace and held me there. I felt as though I had no control over it, no control over me. Was this how it felt to be normal, or had I never really been given the option to be called such?

Thor reached for me then, pulling me close, and I could not find it in me to fight him. Perhaps there was even something welcome in his touch, for I found myself taking a single step closer, closing my eyes against the sad arch of his nape. I took a breath, and his scent – husky, masculine, so familiar to me – seemed almost to surround me. Perhaps it was not air that provided me life, but simply him - but if that were so, then why did I feel so indescribably devastated? Why did I feel as though this were goodbye?

My relaxation brought with it the welling of tears, and I began to cry, not the silent, pained tears that had escaped me moments before, but the choking sobs of loss. They enveloped me, and I was no longer sure if it was the loss of myself or my love that I mourned. Maybe it was a little of both.

”I will always help you…” he said, and through the shaking and the tears, I lost track of what he was saying. Of course, I knew that he had always tried to help me – what’s more, he had always succeeded. It was me who was letting him down now, me who was somehow broken beyond repair despite his best efforts. In that moment, I fully understood how unfair this was for him, and I hated myself for it. And as much as I wanted to run, to hide, to perhaps give him the chance to find someone worthy of him, I stayed , stepping back into his hold when he would have allowed me to pull away.

”I don’t know how to figure out who I am,” I whispered against his chest. His skin was warm beneath the velvet skin of my nose, and I found myself absently tracing the lines of muscles that stretched up through his nape. I should have said more, should have elaborated, but I was at a loss. I didn’t know how to put my thoughts into words, and so I remained helplessly silent. His promise hung between us, wrapped around us, and almost seemed to become a part of me. Was that what it was like to grow, to change, to evolve? Perhaps I would learn to understand myself, after all – and maybe it would again be Thor that helped me.

"talk"

Thor</style>
World's Edge WeyrLeader
In the morning light let my roots take flight
Watch me from above like a vicious dove</style>

It seemed that her surrender was eminent. After all, it was all I could do to avoid shaking some sense into the one I loved. I wasn’t sure if it was her sudden calmness or the way she felt against me, but suddenly I wanted to scream. She was so confusing and so consuming and just so… her. Every time I thought that I was doing the right thing, I was pleased to learn that I was in fact wrong- very wrong. How could I pretend that her mood swings were not testing my patience? Was I supposed to sit here and reel through my emotions until she was finally sane enough to realize that this wasn’t entirely my fault? I’d told her I’d help her and I did. I hadn’t said how or with what, but only that it would happen and now that it did, well… I was certainly paying for it.

However, as I knew, I couldn’t get angry with her. I would accept her and give her whatever it was she needed, over and over until I could no longer breathe. Perhaps it was infatuation or mere insanity, but I didn’t care. This woman had my heart, every damn piece of it, no matter how trying she could be at times.

I could tell that my muscles were growing tense with every moment that passed and I didn’t want Tamira to think that I’d gone off the deep end or somehow turned the tables on her, so I took a deep breath and expelled all of my worries into the mists around us. She was my air and I needed her, whether, she too, needed me or not. This was the life that I’d chosen and I wasn’t about to tuck tail and run over something so small. I guess one could say that I’d been right all along to give women their space because things like this were bound to happen otherwise.

Only, I didn’t know how to fix them yet. I guess you could say I was still learning, but this was one trial-and-error process that I would have liked to avoid altogether if at all possible. But of course, love has a way of changing everyone’s fate and perhaps their tolerance to bullshit as well. However, that’s not to say that Tamira indulged in anything of the like and if she did I certainly wouldn’t ever say it aloud because I’m sure that she’d have my head directly after.

Mares were some very complex creatures.

Her tears wet my skin as she shook beneath me and while I couldn’t do anything other than hold her, I was definitely starting to have a conniption myself. I didn’t know what to tell her to make her feel at ease and I didn’t know if there was really anything else I could do either. I suppose that’s when I just let destiny take the wheel. After all, I was clearly not equipped to handle an emotional woman when I could barely get a handle on my own feelings.

Closing my eyes for a moment, I imagined something sweet to say that would finally bring a smile to her face, but of course I decided against it. I felt that talking out of turn would be strongly advised against… I could end up landing myself in more trouble than I’d ever bargained for. However, when her tired voice finally reached my ears, I was glad to find that it was soft if not a little confused. At least she wasn’t trying to back me into a corner anymore (I wasn’t sure that I could avoid her much longer and at the end of that rope, I saw a pretty high jump). “Don’t fear yourself Tamira. Once you’re able to do that, I believe that you will finally be able to know just who you are. When I look at you, I feel that I know you… I feel that you are still as unchanged as before, if not a little more confused. I want to help you because of this-“ I reached down to touch my chest, to show her my heart. “- I am yours. You are beautiful my love, and smart and kind and sentimental. I don’t want you to lose yourself to this anger and dread… you have not changed. You’ve only just begun to question yourself when there is nothing here for you to question.

I pulled away from her for a moment, eager for her to look into my eyes and find her own reflection. Her life was here in the Edge now and no matter how she evolved or changed, she would still be the same. She would still inspire those she met and amaze even those she didn’t. There was much more to her than met the eye and I only hoped that one day she would be able to see it too. ”

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com