the Rift

weakness [Gaucho, open]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

I would like to think that I am healing, but in reality I'm not really sure.

My ivory wings glint in the light of the Tallsun afternoon. Bi-colored orbs scan the golden sands far below, searching. But for what? My mate is gods know where, my daughter is playing with the other foals. I am alone, truly alone, for the first time in what feels like months. Why did I give this up? Had I not loved the wandering life? So why had I settled down? Why did I allow myself to remain in one place for so long? Had I not learned that love would only bring pain? Pain. So much pain. Diniel's still face appears in my mind; I close my eyes against the tears, tilt my wings, give a few strong strokes, climbing higher, higher, towards the sun. Perhaps if I get close enough, I will simply burn up, disappear.

But no. I had dedicated myself, my life, to my mate, to my living child. Note and his strong presence flits quickly through my thoughts, and the light, pinkish face of Skysong squeals with pleasure. I cannot help but smile at this, even as another stab of pain erupts in my breast. So much confusion, so many thoughts. How am I supposed to move on from this? No one seems to understand. Note has buried his hurt, perhaps worked it away. Gods know he isn't around Skysong and I that much. I shake my head at the resentment that rises there, knowing that I am being ridiculous, knowing that I am not being fair. And yet the anger lingers. Skysong, at least, is innocent, too young to truly understand the circumstances of her birth. How I wish it were that simple for me.

I suddenly long for my friend Rowan, but I'm not even sure where she has gotten to in these recent weeks. And Cassiopeia, my supposed 'mentor' - well, I'd only ever seen her the once, and I haven't been able to find her, so she cannot give me direction either. And so I soar, aimlessly moving, wandering within the confines of my home, never knowing what I am truly meant to be doing. I am restless. I am alone. I want more. But what is more? I take a deep breath, and then I fold my wings tightly against my body. I drop like a stone, the wind whistling through my banner, past my pinned auds. The ground is coming up swiftly, approaching with an alarming clarity, and for a moment I wonder - what if - what if -

I snap my wings out, and they catch me. 'What if' nothing. Not today.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Had Gaucho been the suave Casanova -type, he might have immediately known what to say to Sohalia. You'll be reminded of that old pick-up line - you know the one. Did it hurt? Did what hurt? When you fell from Heaven? yuck yuck yuck, only Gaucho believed that might indeed be what he was seeing.

His patrol had ended for the day, and the brute was exhausted. He hadn't seen Levi or Note for weeks now, and given the death of Azzuen, that left only My-dus, himself, and his spar-partner Aryel to patrol the borders. Gaucho didn't mind, of course, nor did he feel slighted for having to pick up the slack, but it certainly left his body aching by sundown. His blue-gray gaze lifted towards the sky, the judge the time based on the placement of the sun, when he saw her.

A falling angel.

Breathlessly the brute watched her swift descent, marvelling at her aerodynamics, rather than being the least bit worried about her safety. He was mesmerized and intrigued as she skillfully spread her snow-white wings to catch herself before meeting the dusty Throat terrain. He made a mental note to try a maneuver like that during his next aerial spar. He assumed she was of the Throat, but why was she not gossiping or sunning herself, like the other mares? Wasn't that what they did all day long? With a grunt, the large bay advanced her way, eyes trained on her slender white form as she effortlessly glided. Grunting, he spread his massive black wings, and leaped into the air, his luxuriously long black mane and tail billowing out behind him. Mara, his snake companion, wrapped herself even closer to his massive antlers, hissing begrudgingly as he took flight. His bay coat glinted in the sunlight, as did the odd tribal markings that lined his body. The collar of bone spikes that he wore around his shoulders, were currently retracted, looking like a simple band of leather, rather than an ominous tool of battle.

He raced to where she was, his larger wings minimizing the distance between them easily. How many times had he attacked an opponent in the air just like this? It almost made his mouth water, to think of how easily he could crumple her delicate white body, beneath the weight of his much larger frame. Of course for the primitive brute, the thought of any physical contact with a mare issued a different sort of mouth-watering impulse. With a lusty squeal, the bay did something completely out of character.

He tried to be playful.

Instead of slamming into her, he aimed to whirl past her, holding his wings tightly to his body. He assumed the change in the air pressure would alter her flight path. That was playful, right?.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Sohalia

I am almost completely oblivious to the goings-on of the world around me. Or at least I was. But I have only just heard the whoosh of the wind when a huge buffet of air pressure slammed into my side; I find myself flipping sideways, not in the least bit prepared for a move very likely learned from combat. For a moment, I feel utterly fearful. Is someone attacking me? Did the gods decide that my botched suicide was a signal that I needed to die? As I begin to lose height, tumbling through the air, several thoughts run through my scrambling head. How is Skysong going to survive my demise? Note? Rowan? Will anyone else miss me when I'm going? Is this was it feels like to fall? I have never fallen, not like this; I have always been in control.

Control. I don't have that anymore. Was I ever truly in control?

Perhaps the gods smile on me; perhaps I have more control than I had thought. In any case, again my wings snap out, catching my fall, and the sick, dropping feeling in my stomach evens out. My breath comes in gasps and I shiver even in the Tallsun heat. Perhaps I am not so eager for death as I had thought. Regardless, a few quick beats later, and I have regained my previous altitude. I look curiously in the direction of the dark air current, quickening my pace until I feel as though I am catching up. The scent wafting in the breeze tells me that he is from the Throat - so perhaps he did not mean to nearly kill me, perhaps he meant.... what? What in the world had that been about?

Perplexed, I attempt to soar higher, to get above him, to look him over. He is a good flyer - not like Note, an irritated voice says in the back of my mind before I shove it aside guiltily - and a strong-looking steed. A dark bay with odd, red-orange-brown markings all over his body, he has antlers and an odd-looking collar. Have I seen him in the Throat? I wrack my brains and come up empty. A pause, and then the friendly nature in me grudgingly wins out. "Excuse me," I begin, my vocals loud over the rushing sound of air.

Then, a crazy idea hits me. I begin to drop, turn upside down, and drop into a circle around him, my back facing him until I arrive at his side. It's a fairly complex aerial maneuver, and I am proud of myself for pulling it off successfully. The thought startles me - pride is not something that I have felt in abundance of late. "Excuse me," I repeat. "Do I know you?"

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Ascended Helovian

As Gaucho races by, he is unable to see any looks of fear, or terror which might have passed across Soh's face as he abruptly interfered with her flight. He often forgets that the world of the beautiful is a great deal more fragile than he is. But even as he turns his primitively handsome face to look back towards her, he hears no sounds of alarm issuing from her, and assumes that she is alright.

Although the bone piercing his nostrils, and the light-gold ray around his left eye only increase the primitive aura he gives off, his visage softens substantially as he smiles back at the white mare. Gaucho is glad that she has not taken offence by his actions, and in fact, as his steely gaze washes over her, appears delighted that she is in fact flying towards him. His ears perk forward with an innocent expectance as he looks at her with a tangible lustiness in his gray-blue gaze.

As she drops and rolls in an arch to arrive at his side, he follows her movements with his gaze, not making any attempt to hide the way his eyes linger upon the slender lines of her body, or to try and mask the impressed smirk upon his muzzle. Therein lies the small amount of charm, that Gaucho does possess. He plays no games, as other stallions might, hiding their looks of interest. His face reveals precisely what he feels, for better or worse. Now, it revealed only keen interest: For her dynamics as a flyer, of which his large body could surely not replicate, and for her graceful beauty, and the delicate lines of her body. As she addresses him, he tosses his antlered brow to imply the negative of her question.

"I am Gaucho", he offers. His voice is rich and resonant as he speaks, and yet his words sound awkward as if he doesn't often speak, or perhaps that he isn't very good at it. In fact, both are true. Looking expectantly at her now, Gaucho tilted his head to the side slightly, snorting softly. "You are mare of Throat. Gaucho protect you." What could that mean? Gaucho protect you? Was it to imply that he would not have hurt her, when he previously rushed passed her? Was it a reference to his rank within the herd? Or...was it more?

Image Credits

Sohalia

For the first time, I feel the sun's warmth. It is almost as though the simple presence of this stallion has brought me out of my comfortably cold cocoon. I will admit, I have shut myself off from the world, have not allowed myself to partake in the simple joys of life. With the way that this primitive brute's gaze roves over my bodice, I am reminded of one specific joy of life, one that I have previously only shared with Note. The memory brings a fresh wave of guilt, as though I could control this stallion's wandering eyes. Again, I push it away still reveling in the new interest that I hold in something other than my own pain. And am I entirely wrong to enjoy the masculine attention when that part of my life is so... lacking?

I seem to have impressed him with the quick aerial maneuvers, movements that I doubt he could replicate with his bulk. Almost without noticing, I return his appraising gaze, noting the fine lines of muscles on his large frame, so much bigger than mine. He could have easily knocked me from the sky moments ago, and the fresh knowledge both thrills and terrifies me in equal measure. Why is danger appealing? Or is it the fact that he is not dangerous that intrigues me? Instead, I am drawn to his simple masculinity like a moth to an open flame, and I cannot help but wonder when I will end up burned.

"I am Gaucho," the steed says in a slow, halting voice that sounds as though it is used very little. I smile, though, for he has smiled at me, and he seems to be genuinely interested in me in his own way. "You are mare of Throat. Gaucho protect you." Oh. Is that all? Am I completely misinterpreting his appreciative gaze? Perhaps he is only doing his duty, which is, after all, what I should be doing. But what is my duty? "Oh, so you're a soldier, then," I say rather stupidly. This is a mistake; I am reminded of Note again. "I am Sohalia," I add, distracted.

I am watching Gaucho from under my lashes. He really is strong looking. Thoughts of Note have been shoved to the back of my mind, placed into a neat box and locked away. Memories of my young Skysong and my tragic Diniel, too, are a distant thought. It must be this way, for how else can I focus on the present? What is the present, precisely? What am I doing? Is it wrong, to talk with another stallion, one that I suspect is eyeing me like a tasty treat? Should I simply make my excuses and depart? Despite the questions, I continue a steady path. The moral dilemma is easier to deal with than my intense pain and hatred, anyway. Not to mention, it's nice to be appreciated - if, of course, that is what is going on.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia

Ascended Helovian

Gaucho watched her, as one might watch an unknown animal. His brow furrowed with each of her movements, as if trying to decipher what was going on beneath the surface. His primitive instincts served him well on the battlefield, and yet soaring now in the skies with Sohalia, they only served to keep in the air, but aided him no further. As she mentioned that he was a solider, a genuine smile of delight broke across his stoic features, as he nodded proudly. If he was anything at all in the world, he was that. He was no artist, no romantic - no poet or story teller. He was simple, and he was strong. All the ways in which he could not contribute to his herd, or to impress upon them how he felt, he portrayed on the battle field. Every kick, slice, and bruise was a result of his love and loyalty, although probably only a few actually understood him that way: Kri and Onni perhaps...and My-dus.

As she spoke her name, the proud smile immediately fell from his features. Suddenly he looked confused and frustrated, and his ears moved back slightly to emphasize this even more. With a large sigh, Gaucho forced his ears forward again, looking as though he was concentrating quite hard. "Sss-oh" He began tentatively, looking towards her, as if for confirmation. "Ssss-hoh-lee-ah" He finally managed, hesitantly looking at with her with an expectant gaze of, Was I at least close?. Words were hard for the brute, and Sohalia's name was not an easy one. He constantly felt frustrated and challenged by how easily and fluidly everyone around him seemed to speak.

Image Credits

Sohalia

I have never given much thought to speech, as it has always come quite easily to me. I suppose I have taken it for granted, though I have never understood just how much I did so until this moment. I watch as his lobes flatten almost instinctively, then prick forward; for a moment he looks so very eager that my heart melts a bit, and I smile encouragingly. Finally, he manages to sound out the syllables of my name, and I nod with a small chuckle. I am not laughing at him so much as laughing because I am happy. Happy? When was the last time I could say that?

"That's very good," I approve. "But how about you just call me Soh?" It is, after all, what my friends have shortened my name to, so why should this great brute not be allowed to use it? If I think it is a pet name, the thought is drowned out. Perhaps I am being reckless, but perhaps it is was I need to get over the death of my firstborn. I turn my thoughts instead to the strange creature that was Gaucho. So primitive and yet so... alluring. What was it that made me so? Was it that he was different? Was it that he was not watching me as though I might break at any moment?

Well, in truth, I might break at any moment, might go entirely insane with no hope of returning. Or perhaps that's what is happening now. In any case, I let go, for what am I to do about it? "Do you have a family, Gaucho?" I ask suddenly, for I am filled with the need to know if anyone else finds this brute lovable. If anyone else is intrigued by him. If my presence with him will offend anyone. I wonder, too, if Note would care that I was sharing a flight with another stallion, if he were here. Is he the jealous type? Another sidelong glance. Do I want to find out?

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia

Ascended Helovian

"S-oh" he says with an affirmative nod. Yes, that's much better. He isn't entirely sure if she is shortening the name simply for him, or not, but he cares little either way. She wouldn't be the first to try and dumb things down for him. Yet for all of his nomadic tendencies - his primitive simpleness when it came to speech - he had become quite adept at understanding others, via means other than relying on their words. Soh seemed...like a point of light, hidden beneath a haze. Or at least, that was how his mind projected it. He sensed a vibrancy to her, a world of colour beneath her snow-white appearance, and yet it was....diluted somehow. If he could verbalize it, he might say that she seemed guarded, regardless of her polite words towards him. What was the tone meant to imply, when she named him a soldier? Why was she asking about his family? Surely that wasn't what she really wanted to know now was it. Of course, that would have been far too complex for the brute; all he could do was act in his own simple way.

Beating his wings down hard, he pulled ahead of the white mare, one - then two body lengths. Turning with an odd grace for a creature of his size, he flew backwards, his wings now beating towards her. With each stroke, his wing tips moved closer to her face, as if creating a cave for just the two of them, with every beat. His carelessly handsome face focused upon her, and her alone. There was a knowingness behind those steely blue's, and a primal lustiness as well. Slowing the beat of his wings, the distance between the two began to close, until it could only be described as intimate. As if there was something tangible between them, rather than just warm air. Could she scent the sage and juniper wafting from him? Could she feel his body heat, as his chest muscles threatened to bumping against her? For surely he could feel her. Reaching his muzzle out, with a tantalizing slowness, as if meaning to brush it against hers, Gaucho whispered huskily "No family.".

He had answered her question from before, but had he not given her something to think about, as well? What did she think he meant to do? To say? As the words left his muzzle, his wings ceased beating and his massive body dropped from before her. Tumbling towards the ground, he kept his steely gaze trained upon her white form, even as the orangey-red Throat terrain rushed to meet him. Although it was not as graceful as Sohalia had been earlier, Gaucho too saved himself from certain demise, by throwing his body forward and extending his massive black wings. With a powerful beat of his wings, he was once again propelled into the air.

No; Gaucho knew Sohalia was not some delicate thing who would break lest he touch her (and oh! What a tantalizing thought touching her was!). He did however, want to see the wall around her shatter.

Image Credits

Sohalia

"S-oh." He seems to like that better, though I cannot be sure. Perhaps the lack of words would be troubling to some, but it does not bother me. I am so used to being a loner than it is almost pleasant to be faced with one who might well rather remain silent. I wonder if others have underestimated him, assumed that he is stupid or slow because of the primal brutality that he exudes; a look at the muscular body and various tribal markings assures me that this is almost certainly the case. I, however, will not make that mistake, for something in the way that he is regarding me assures me that he understands a good deal more than he lets on.

He does not know of my past, of course, of this I am almost certain. I have never met the steed before now, and unless he knows Note, he almost certainly has never even heard of me. It is a large herd, and I am still newly come; it is quite possible - probable, even - that we have never met or even seen one another. It is even possible that a season or two might go by before I see him again. Somehow, this makes our meeting even more thrilling - as though it is our little secret, never to be revealed. As though I can lose myself in this moment, a memory to fall back to on a rainy day.

I have successfully buried the guilt; it dares not raise its ugly head when I think of Gaucho and Note knowing one another. A smile crosses my maw at this. Later, I will remember my pleasure at my successful riddance of my conscience, but for now, there is not a second thought in my mind. Instead, I am able to focus entirely on the not-entirely-graceless brute as he pulls ahead of me, spins to face me, allows the distance between us to close. His wings form a little cavern around us, and all of a sudden the chance meeting takes on an entirely intimate feel. My breath catches in my throat as I find myself entranced by his lusty gaze, enticed by the scent of sage and juniper and sweat and masculinity; I find myself leaning in as though to drink him in, and for the briefest moment his maw almost brushes against mine -

"No family," he murmurs, and then he is gone.

I gasp for breath, as though coming up for air, but I am filled with a need for more, and for the first time since Diniel's birth-death, I am not thinking of anything at all. Perhaps I have encouraged others to treat me as though I am glass, to be afraid to say the wrong thing, to be afraid to break me. But Gaucho does not know this, does not look at me like this. The feeling is liberating, and I snap my wings in to my body, diving as my body spins in a spiral, a joyous whoop passing my lips - this time, I do not think of death as I plummet toward the ground, but rather of life, of fun, of pleasure... of Gaucho. My wings flare again, catching myself, and I find myself flashing a brilliant grin in his direction, no longer caring to think of the consequences.

What did it matter, anyway?

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia

Ascended Helovian

We might wonder what Sohalia would think, if she found out that Note and Gaucho did know each other - that they had sparred together? Gaucho remembers well, for the smaller dusty stallion had, without warning, pulled lightning from the sky which burned deep into Gaucho's wither. The paint had been enormous, and yet he had still defeated his fellow warrior, and in fact, has been undefeated, his entire stay in Helovia.

Turning his gaze around, searching the skies for a smear of white, Gaucho is momentarily confused when all he can see are whispy clouds of white in the sky, but no Soh. Perhaps he has not shattered her, but has instead further encased her in her glass palace? Perhaps she belongs to someone, he begins to think, before a hisssssssssss-ing noise causes him to turn farther. Mara is touching the side of his neck, indicating that he should look that way, and as he does, he sees her.

She is an angel again, but no longer is she falling.

Her smile causes an awkward, boyish grin to appear on his dark muzzle. There is something about her that he wants. Gaucho, who has never been in love before, feels only the primal stirrings deep within his belly, when he looks at her. Should she be flattered? Well, that's debatable, although at least she can be confident in knowing that his desires and perceptions of her, are likely truer than any who have looked upon her before. For such a simple creature, Gaucho is unburdened by procedure, and custom, and hesitation. She is like some shiny bauble that he wants for his own, if only to look at and study.

His wings gracefully bring him lower to the ground, angling him towards the naturally occurring lake. The thermals have warmed his body, causing deep splotches of sweat to darken his shiny coat. Crashing-landing into the water, as if meaning to run on it before entering, the bay fully submerged himself, causing Mara to flail away on the surface of the water, sending him nasty mental images, as she found a rock to sun herself on. Shaking water from his eyes, the brute cast his steely gaze around for Soh.

Image Credits

Sohalia

As it happens, I do belong to someone, but that someone is very far from my mind at this moment.

My smile coaxes a grin to his dark muzzle. Again I catch the glimpse of lust, that primal need and something stirs deep within me in response. I am attracted to him in the most simplistic way, and it is a relief to not have to dance around it, to not have to impress him. It would seem, actually, that I had already done that somehow without even meaning to. A warmth sparked within me with each new, appreciative gaze that lingers along the curves of my bodice, and I realize that I have been deprived of that masculine affection that I had grown so used to from Note. Now he treats me as though I am made of glass, as though at any moment I might shatter into a million pieces, and I do not cherish the feeling.

Perhaps that is why it is so easy for me to shut thoughts of him out of my mind.

Gaucho has flown closer to the ground and I follow, granting him enough distance to land before me. He chooses, however, to land rather noisily in the lake of the oasis, and without thinking I skim the water right behind him. He is submerged, but I wait the half-second before he surfaces before I loop around to face him. Beating my wings rapidly, I lower myself into the water, the movement of my wings sending cascades of water toward him. Watching, I chuckle to myself, and it turns into a full-scale attack of laughter. Almost submerged now, I flail my front legs, sending even more water his direction. Finally, I halt all movement, and I slip beneath the surface, attempting to avoid the consequences of my impromptu playfulness.

My auds are pinned to my head to keep water from entering he sensitive ear canals, but my orbs open for the briefest moment. It is nice down here, peaceful. Everything is in cool, calming shades, and even Gaucho's moving limbs don't seem so dangerous, although a voice in the back of my mind steers me away. Still, though, I almost wish that I could stay here, could rest here, if only for a little while... my head breaks the surface, and I shake it, sending droplets of water everywhere. This is, perhaps, the first time that I have found myself so incredibly drenched, and I am fully prepared to become even more wet as I accept Gaucho's response to my landing.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia

Ascended Helovian

Water coats the bone piercing his nose, as well as the strange sun-like marking around his eye. Even so, the pale golden paint does not fade or drip down and mix with the dark mahogany hairs. It remains striking and strange, even as his grey-blue eyes shut to try and prevent any more water from entering them. But then her wings are not the only source of expulsion - as her legs also begin to flail, even more water is sent towards the large bay brute. Though she likely cannot see it through the spray of liquid, Gaucho is grinning like a madman. It might seem odd that the primitive creature is enjoying this - but is not the instinct to play, one born in each foal? Do they not all romp about, bombarding each other with touches as they explore the world? Although Gaucho is no small foal, and even after weathering 7 winters, still he has not lost the child-like love of play.

As Soh dips beneath the surface, Gaucho takes the opportunity to move forward, but slowly, for he is unsure of where her white body is beneath the waves that they have caused. Gaucho's chiseled chest is pressed forward, as he arches his neck in the unmistakable way that stallions do. A lustful squeal escapes his lips, as his blue-gray gaze searches for the angel hidden beneath the water. As she emerges, Gaucho spreads his black wings up and out of the water - holding them so that only the bottom feathers are the water, while the rest arch out and around - once again creating a cave for just the two of them. Although his wings are blocking out the sun, a shine of want is still visible in the shades of blues and grays that make up his stoic gaze. As the water that she forced upon him beads off of him, it causes his luxuriously long mane to cling to the contours of his jaw, accenting the handsome lines of his face. His nostrils flared as he inhaled deeply, greedily taking in her watery scent. His ears were perked forward, and his appearance would indicate that he was focused on one thing, and one thing alone.

Her

The angel, fallen from the skies.

Unlike the cave he had created with his wings in the sky, Gaucho did not lower his appendages, nor did back up. Even in the water, the size difference between them was obvious, and from the back it was likely that his considerable backside and wings would easily block out any view of the white mare. He lowered his muzzle slightly, and yet it still remained a few inches above hers. "Soh" He said, his tone clear and rich, although it was unclear if he was beginning a proposition, or merely saying the shortened version of her name. His gaze moved from her eyes, to the contours of her face, and then to her chest. With a tantalizing slowness, and a surprising amount of diligence for such a seemingly slow creature, his eyes finally returned to hers. "Soh" He repeated again, although this time his voice was softer; huskier.

Image Credits

Sohalia

I emerge from the water, rivulets running off the finely chiseled lines of my face. I flare my nostrils to keep the droplets from running into them, suck in a breath of air. It is a moment before I am able to see clearly, but Gaucho's shadow is visible even so. Even through the water, I am able to smell his musky scent, able to feel the warmth of his body, and when my eyes clear, the breath catches in my throat at his proximity. His wings have created a little cavern, and although we are in full view of the Throat, I feel utterly alone, completely entranced, entirely lost in those deep blue-grey eyes. Right now, they are reflecting the azure hues of the water, and I feel as though I could happily drown in them.

I swallow hard and lower my lashes, shielding my own orbs from that piercing gaze. There was something remarkably wild, passionate about this encounter, something that had been missing from the time I have spent with Note. Of course, our love is something special (isn't it?), but it was never anything like this. I never felt as though I couldn't breathe under the pressure of his desire. The sun's light has been dulled by Gaucho's wings, and my lowered gaze takes in the play of shadows across his hard, muscled chest, up along the arch of his nape, over his handsome face. It is then I realize how entirely he is focused on me, staring intently into my eyes, wanting.

Do I want him, too?

His bulk might have been intimidating to someone else, but to me, it is a safety net. His outstretched wings are the wall between me and the outside world, holding me from harm. Out there, I am faced with the reality of life; in here, I can pretend to be someone else. "Soh," he says, and again a spark of desire comes to life somewhere deep inside me. I watch him as he looks me over, seemingly as entranced by me as I am by him. It brings me an odd kind of pleasure, to watch him watch me, and by the second time he says my name, I have stretched my nape forward. The movement is slow, careful, perhaps a bit nervous, even, for I can feel that anxious flutter in my stomach.

The moment seems to be in slow motion. The only sound is ragged breathing, the gentle lapping of the waves. The only sight that matters is that handsomely brutish face, those unbelievably deep eyes. I take a breath, and I feel it expand my lungs inch by inch; I exhale. That scent - it is a mixture of him and pure wanting, and I am heady with the sensation. Every nerve ending in my body seems to be overly sensitive, longing for something. I feel the caress of the water around my shoulders - that's not it - and as I reach to press my maw to his gently, I realize that it is a primal desire for his touch.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia

Ascended Helovian

Gaucho's enjoyment of his desire for the white mare was happily unburdened by any sort of social constraints that others in his position may have been burdened by. Was she taken? What would the consequences be? What of their future? Nor was he burdened by any sort of issues of confidence - of whether he could perform should the time come, or whether she found him attractive. Gaucho was a primitively handsome creature, and had a rough understanding of this. Even so, he was in tune with the subtle movements of her body, which revealed her attitude towards him. He watched as her lashes fluttered with what may have been associated with nervousness, yet Gaucho was not fooled. The way their bodies seemed drawn together, as if by an invisible force - the way the lapping of the water against her shoulders was almost a disappointment, for it was not the right sort of touch. It was not his touch.

As her muzzle drew near, Gaucho did something that may seem slightly surprising, given his rather primal nature: he was gentle. But don't be so surprised - even a creature who relies so heavily on instinct, has learned a thing or two about women over the years. As the whiskers from his dark nose neared her, he paused with a forced slowness, as if wanting to savor every instant of their embrace. His husky, woody scent blew against her, as he breathed hers in, as if greedily drinking some sweet wine. To press his muzzle firmly against hers, he didn't just extend his nose, but rather took a step forward, forcing him to arch his neck to keep his muzzle at her height, while bringing his body closer. As he pressed his muzzle firmly against hers, a soft sigh - an almost thoughtful one - escaped his dark lips.

Taking another step closer, now the distance between them no longer allowed Gaucho to keep his muzzle against hers, no matter how much he arched his muscular neck. Instead, he brought his nose to her left side, tracing it down the contours of her neck. The bone which pierced his nose, was smooth as it glided down her neck, investigating each and every inch of her immaculate white canvas. His breath, slow at first, because faster and warmer as he greedily drank in her in. As he pressed closer, so that their chests almost touched, his wings wrapped around her lithe frame even more, touching her ever so softly as they further sheltered her from view. Hungrily his inquiring muzzle stretched until he had reached her wither, nipping her with a tantalizing gentleness, as an impatient squeal sounded from him.

There was always at least one open wound on the warriors body at all times, and today was no exception. A cut on his hock, shallow, but open none the less, was a gateway to the magic that constantly churned within him. From his antlers, a silvery mist was emitted. It floated together over her back and within the confines of Gaucho's wing-cavern, moving around her right shoulder to nearer her face. The mist seemed to condense for a moment, before bursting to take the shape of a hoard of fireflies, flickering with a silvery-blue sheen as they danced before Sohalia. Their light cast shadows upon the two bodies - so different, and yet so close together.

[Just like in real life, it's always the girl's call how far this goes...xD]

Image Credits

Sohalia

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire,
I hold with those who favor fire.

Desire. Wanting. Longing. Craving. Lust. Need. Desire. How have I never felt it before? Such a heady sensation, taking over every thought, every motion, every moment – and I am caught up in it, riding it as though it is the crest of some figurative wave. Could I break the spell? Perhaps – but for the first time, I must be honest with myself. I don’t want to. Will this be the right decision? Probably not. Will I regret it later? Most likely. It might even tear apart everything I’ve known since arriving in the Dragon’s Throat – but I need it. I need to feel alive, and I haven’t in the weeks since the girls’ birth. I’ve felt alone. Desolate. Depressed. The primitive brute standing before me now has brought me back to myself – he might have even coaxed a better version of myself out from the shadows of my misery.

My thoughts are scattered and incoherent as his muzzle draws closer and closer. Time seems to stand still, his movements slowed either in reality or by my overly active imagination until finally his maw comes to rest firmly against my own. His scent brushes against me and I breathe it in, my eyes closing, all too aware of the almost indecent proximity of his body to my own, the handsome arch of his neck as he forces himself even closer. He sighs, and my breath catches, and then there is more.

Every motion seems to be slow, as though to draw out the tantalizing sensation of flesh against flesh. His maw gently follows the lines of my nape, his touch silken and intoxicating. On another day, with another stallion, perhaps the knowledge of a bone touching my skin would provoke disgust, but here, now, with him I feel only hot desire bubbling in the pit of my stomach. I find myself mimicking his motions, following the grooves of his muscular nape with inquisitive lips, breathing in the husky man-smell that he exuded. Masculinity. He was the living incarnation of the word. Finally, our chests come together in a gentle brush, his wings extend to gently glide across my pelt. We are alone, he and I, in our own little world.

The gentle nip comes as a surprise, and I jump, but my nerves fizz not with anxiety, but with eagerness. His squeal is matched by my own; more, my body seems to scream, and I am in awe of the sensations that the steed is managing to coax out of me. Even the appearance of a strange silver mist seems almost mundane in comparison to his touch, but when it bursts into fireflies, I smile and snort with delight. The little cave created by his dark wings seems to create our own private night; the little lightning bugs cover the expanse in stars. Romance, surely a foreign concept to the primitive stallion, blossoms, and I am lost in its call.

My next move is unprecedented, perhaps, as I am so often left in the role of follower. I take another step forward, curving my body to the right in order to work my left wing free. It is a tight space, but the size difference between the two of us allows me to stretch the limb over Gaucho’s head, to trail the primaries down his nape and along his back. My muzzle is even with his hip now, and I reach out to touch the skin there with an almost wicked grin, tucking my wing back along the lines of my body, careful to keep it out of his way.

Guilt will come later; for now, there is only lust.

*Poem lines are from “Fire and Ice” by Robert Frost.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia