the Rift

what if [midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Would you rise to meet a golden sun?
Midas & Ktulu

Tallsun days passed slowly by, but not a single one ended when I didn’t think of her. Ktulu. My dark temptress that had succumbed to battle; an action whose blame felt weighted on me. If only ‘I’ had been at her side? But...time for regret had passed, I watched with uneasiness that fateful morning as a draft warrior resurrected my beloved and set her upright again. Kri had then taken cherished moment to call her weary bunch back into action. She obviously felt the need to leave now that the fight was won. Kri called us also because there was always that side chance that our home had been attacked while we were away. Of course. I had responded, what else could be done? Though I won’t lie, my flesh was hesitant to leave my wounded heartkeeper without support.

The last to leave the ground was none other than Throats solo general. Feet didn’t budge until I saw those pretty blood red eyes open to string truth that she was going to be fine. I had lowered my head and gently kissed the side of her cheek before opening my wings and filling them with air. One stroke, and then two, I turned and was soaring toward heaven. Following my Sultana with a stern loyalty imbedded into the core of my being.
For I loved her. This midnight woman.

But I also loved the blistering sands from which I had been born too.
And so, a heart was torn into two pieces. One that held utter affection for a lady, and one the adoration of a territory and the family which I guarded. Until the day either or both fell, we would continue this give and take relationship. A relationship built totally on trust that the other would remain pure.

I had come to our meeting spot a few times during the week after our battle, as promised every other day. Each time I came the longing for her increased tenfold till by the end of said week, she was all I could think about. Expectantly my mind began to harbor the worst possibilities and shallow doubts, was she injured? Should I travel to the Foothills? Had her interest in me waned to the point where a response upon my proclamation had been made?

I thought about these things, yes, but to help with the stress my magic keep itself busy. I had gathered gold, and over those days took to practicing in smelting it; spinning the alloys into threads slightly thicker than hair. Each string glittered brilliantly when placed up against the sun, its purity was without flaw for I had taken great care that no foreign metals had entered my work.

Every other day I worked, silently in the field. Sometimes with Cera and Fina, sometimes without company at all. For two evenings I spun gold, making mistake after mistake until finally I had crafted four threads that would bend and flow easily. This glistened brightly and I tucked them away and returned home.

Another day passed. No less eventful then the first, and then it was time for me to return to the meadow.

I slowly maneuvered my way across the sands. Walking instead of flying. I was doubtful that Ktulu would be at our meeting spot, she had most likely gotten swamped with a thousand other things that needed tending to. Or perhaps she no longer cared. Yet. I would travel each promised day until she told me otherwise, or until I passed from this world. The four golden strings I had spun a few days prior to now lay beneath my downy feathers that were attached between the shoulders. My feet touched sparse grass instead of sand and eventually our spot came into sight. What lay in the distance made my head rise and heart skip a beat. Jaws were still clamped shut, she couldn’t hear with mortal ears the cry of my heart nor the amount of joy that was felt.

Throwing myself forward into a full out gallop I dashed for her, taking note that it was her rear that I approached. Was she leaving? “Ktulu!” I called out, hopeful that her ears might catch the sound and she would turn. She might think me mirrored to a child for bashfully charging to meet her, but I cared not. Head sought her face as my body skid to a halt beside that taller feminine frame, unrestrained I reached out to nuzzle her nose and then travel the distance along her neck in affectionate greeting. Her scent, so familiar and strong made me shiver with delight. “Words cannot express how I’ve missed you….”

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 03-24-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 03-26-2013, 02:17 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 03-29-2013, 08:47 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-04-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-12-2013, 09:32 AM
RE: what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 04-12-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-18-2013, 11:27 AM
RE: what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 04-19-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-24-2013, 10:58 PM