the Rift

what if [midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Would you rise to meet a golden sun?
Midas & Ktulu

There was nothing I wanted to do more in this moment, than hold her as close to me as physically possible; until either our flesh melted into one, or our heartbeats aligned. She was the spark that ignited the kindling with each embrace. I cared and knew nothing of her doubts or fears. What mattered was that she was here, with me by freedom of choice. Somehow this powerful goddess kept allowing me to worship each step and breath she took. Blessings had only doubled tenfold in the recent months, and I counted her among them in the highest of regards.

To me, she was a flawless being. So it was no wonder as to why her mistakes never once entered my mind.

Such is the way of love, and if this is what they called ‘true love’ then I was a drowning man who never wanted to be rescued. Ktulu pressed a little closer and I responded to her willingness by burrowing my face inside that glossy locks that spilled over one side of her neck. Pressing our chests together without hesitation and relishing in a moment that never seemed last long enough.

"I've missed you, too."

I smile through her hair, pulling away just enough to answer without words and instead plant a gentle kiss along her ashy cheek. I sense that she is troubled with something, those eyes aren't alight with just joy; but since I was a creature of modest tastes I don’t instantly start prying. Ktulu would give voice to her worries soon enough. "I haven't seen you since the invasion...” I press into her mane again, feeling guilt for not following my first instinct and actually traveling to visit her, "You did not linger long after the battle."

“hmm,” I whispered softly, “I should have come to see you.” Apologetically I admit my mistake and utter, “Apologies dear one, I feared you were busy settling in the herd.” Muzzle gently traveled along her face, touching the stern contours and hoping to gentle them, “A moment was all I could linger, a draft warrior restored your health and then I was pulled away by a concerned, ‘Sultana.’ My lips curve into a half smile, “She feared our home overcome by gossiping fools, and charged us back to assure that the boarders remained secure.”

Pushing past this I was eager to hear about her ventures, “How do you like the Foothills?” Was she getting enough to eat? How was Hototo? These questions, plus many more echoed through the spaces in my skull, I wisely reasoned to ask one at a time.
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 03-24-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 03-26-2013, 02:17 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 03-29-2013, 08:47 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-04-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-12-2013, 09:32 AM
RE: what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 04-12-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-18-2013, 11:27 AM
RE: what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 04-19-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-24-2013, 10:58 PM