the Rift

what if [midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Would you rise to meet a golden sun?
Midas & Ktulu

Our home hadn’t seen an attack upon its soil in a long time. We had been on high alert for almost two seasons. Yet, nobody dared strike such an open territory with sons and daughters of the sky to defend it. It wasn’t like they could come in the night and strike under the cover of darkness, we had eyes everywhere. People were constantly monitoring the wall, the boarder, even our oasis. Trouble would have to slide in on the belly of a snake to breach the natural protection a desert offered.

"And were your borders secure?"

“Yes,” I murmur quietly, not sure if she was being sarcastic or not. Ktulu was funny that way, she was one of the more trying people to read; but in a way her puzzling nature made things interesting. Her answers were always of the simple variety, to the point, without any extra fluff varnished to the mix. I continue to gently caress along her neck, soft muzzle leaving a little wet trail as I go; since she didn’t push me away I could only guess that my affections were tolerable at the very least. Eventually my lady answered my question, “I like the Foothills just fine.”

Only fine?

I was about to interject when she added something a little unexpected, “You are welcome to join us.” Us? Oh, she meant the Grey. Slowly I detached myself from her neck and answered after a moment with soft sadness creeping in, . “An offer to lift the heart, but I am forever bound by invisible chains to the desert,” gently I added, . “As you are to your family.” Your. Family. What about our family? Where did we fit in together? These midnight meetings are for young love, what would happen when we grew older; developed stronger feelings? I couldn’t look into the river and see the future, all that was in my power stood here in this moment. This fragile moment.

. “Ktulu…I….” I broke off, my voice thick with an emotion that bore no name, . “I know we live apart; but I believe my care for you is enough to cross the span of land between.” After all this time. She still hadn’t said the words—would I be cursed to love someone who couldn’t love me back? . “Do you think this bond can stand the test of time?” I didn’t want to her flinch away so my eyes sought those bright rubies, trying to capture them so I could see the brilliant soul beneath.

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 03-24-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 03-26-2013, 02:17 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 03-29-2013, 08:47 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-04-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-12-2013, 09:32 AM
RE: what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 04-12-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-18-2013, 11:27 AM
RE: what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 04-19-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-24-2013, 10:58 PM