the Rift

what if [midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Would you rise to meet a golden sun?
Midas & Ktulu

It was hard to describe the bond one felt between the land of their birth and the fellows that rested within. Each member was a brother, a sister, a mother, a father. My mind was still befuddled by the fact that Ktulu had left our desert home, no questions had been asked on my part. It wasn’t polite to linger on the past. She had simply disappeared one day, leaving behind those that had once called her, ‘sister.” You had to believe in something, or you would fall for anything. Perhaps that was why I had seen dozens of mares pass through my short life, yet never had eyes for any save for the one that stood near me now.

My spirit wasn’t one to bounce from territory to territory, mare to mare. I was stable, consistent, neverchanging. Maybe this was dull, and expected; but it made my loyalty purer than the finest of gold. The love I shared between those that developed cherishment, was brighter than even the light of our sun. If she hadn’t realized it yet, my lady soon would fully understand that I wasn’t a nomad; the desert would either be my grave, or a sanctuary. Until the time came that I was either unneeded, or banished from its sands.

"I supposed your care will be enough to warm my side during the night."

I sighed. We had been avoiding this conversation for a while now, just the simply desire of being together had been enough. Why couldn’t we survive a long distance relationship? Was it so impossible? With both of us pointed toward different goals; I was at a loss as to how to keep everything together. Either way my soul lost, if I followed her I would lose the Throat. Possibly myself in the process. If I stayed in the Throat, I could lose her; which would drag my heart down to the point of breaking.

"I want you to be a part of my family, but... distance destroys families."

I wanted to find joy in the fact that she said, "I want you to be a part of my family," but the joy was tainted with sorrow. We were both still very young. So much could happen between now and forever. “How do we keep us together without somehow injuring the other?” My tone is soft, but vulnerable—it was as if two halves of this heart was being pulled in opposite directions. I didn’t want to lose either of them. I was at a complete loss for anything more, perhaps she would have the answer, “I love you Ktulu—I always will….no matter what happens….you could ask anything of me and it would be yours.” I just couldn’t leave me homeland. They needed me.
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 03-24-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 03-26-2013, 02:17 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 03-29-2013, 08:47 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-04-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-12-2013, 09:32 AM
RE: what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 04-12-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-18-2013, 11:27 AM
RE: what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 04-19-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-24-2013, 10:58 PM