the Rift

what if [midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Would you rise to meet a golden sun?
Midas & Ktulu

"And I you."

It didn’t go unnoticed that she had yet to make a verbal confirmation of my proclamations of love; yet these things took time. I could understand that—and she knew that I wouldn’t press or push her for words that didn’t come freely given. My words merely applied concrete to what was felt in a man’s heart; Ktulu was looking at a bare soul with honest feelings. True it was emotional, perhaps sappy…but I still haven’t forgotten how my mother and father where. The love they shared was so rich and wonderful, you had to but look in their eyes to see the deep tenderness that was felt between father toward his mate—and the love and gentleness that was seen through simple acts of kindness from mother to him.

She pondered and I reached out, attempting to brush my lips across her forehead; directly under the base of her sword like crown. My lips wanted to part and say, “What are you thinking?” But I knew better, Ktulu would tell soon enough the ideas that ran through her beautiful mind. Who was to say that they would be forever apart? Who was to say that any of this was real—perhaps I was dreaming?

"Children bind families together."

Lids widened, head withdrew a little and eyes took to locking into her bright rubies with searching the intent and her meaning behind such a statement. The honeyed pits remained soft and complacent, even if they appeared momentarily bemused. "Maybe a child could do the same for us." Had I just heard her correctly? A child. A baby fashioned from my own flesh and brought into this world by her. Words came, and I tried to keep the shake from my tone as they are uttered, “I have dared to dream of a child on quiet nights—nourished by you.” Gingerly I push my muzzle out to brush along her neck, pushing the hair away as I went. My feet take a step forward to bring our chests closer so that she might feel the rhythm of another heartbeat. Could she tell that my soul trembled? For reasons that only seemed to mount higher.

Calling upon my energy, I pulled out the strands of gold that I had spun for her. Each thread was slightly larger than a strand of hair and as strong as most other metals. “I was waiting for the right time to give you these—“ Holding them aloft in front of her I add, “….they are made of fine gold, I thought… “ voice cut off, glancing down I was surprised to feel a little shy in this offering, “I thought they would look lovely, woven in your hair.”

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 03-24-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 03-26-2013, 02:17 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 03-29-2013, 08:47 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-04-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-12-2013, 09:32 AM
RE: what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 04-12-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-18-2013, 11:27 AM
RE: what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 04-19-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-24-2013, 10:58 PM