the Rift

Self Pity (Open)

Crven Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Crven
I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow

Beneath the beautiful night sky it was easy to believe she was not truly alone in this world....that at least the Gods were up there staring down at her. But she was alone....wasn’t she? Just like every other night since her youth. She had been accepted into the Worlds Edge by Thor, attended her first herd meeting....and still something felt wrong. Though she could not identify it she was missing something.....a link to the herd maybe? Someone to confide in...a friend...But that need seemed unobtainable. While she had been able to play with the young blind Takaraa in the meadows she felt it was because of the filly’s disability that she had been so accepting....Surely if she could have seen the abomination before her she would not have leapt about so freely....No...when anyone saw her their eyes would always linger on her maneless neck....It wasn’t like she had a fifth limb or something....but she might as well have been. Mares were always flinging about their beautiful bountiful manes....looking through their tresses with coy eyes.....So what chance did a naked necked mare like Crven stand?

She sighed...wishing that for once these thoughts would not consume her....but they would as always, pressing doubt into the deep confines of her mind. Distorted images of herself filling every screen. Beneath the rock structure which she had found haven from the chilling winds she lay, nibbling at salty tasting weeds. What better place to wander than a place of cold when you felt you had a soul made of ice? Hell....even Thor had pointed out that she was the black sheep of the herd, and he was a flightless pegasus. With tears brimming she quickly shook her head, sending small ice fragments flying all about her …..No....she was not going to cry anymore....Not for what she wanted...what she couldn’t have, and never would. With an angry snort she thrust herself upwards, shaking her entire body until she felt there was nothing more she could slough off, no more sadness or anger. With a resigned look in her eyes she looked towards her ‘home’....dreading the long trek back....and going back period....What was the point really....she didn’t belong in the throat anymore than she belonged here...

A sound shattered her thoughts of self pity...hoofbeats...someone was here...

"Talk talk talk."
Image Credits

Ignita Posts: 39
Banned
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 4
Pheonix
"Words were another sword for the man who wielded them well."

It the darkness of the night I was simply a figure of black shifting though the snow. The grey mare though, although in day light she would have blended perfectly with the scene around, at night she was easy. She also had a bright red tail, that was unmissable in the dark or light but something seemed to be missing, some part of the mare. As I halt before her I feel my mane on my neck settling down, trailing all the way down to my knees. This mare though, she had no such locks, no mane what so ever. Her eyes was a icy blue that seemed caped with water, tears maybe? Why would she be out alone and close to tears and then forced down? Not allowing one drop of liquid to trail down her cheek.

I halt before the maneless mare, my blue eyes fixed on her, weary of who she was but then also concerned about her. I was taller then her but I came in no harm and so I lowered my head slightly to the mare, more interested in talking to her then arguing or fighting. "Greetings, I am Ignita. Is there anything troubling you?" My voice is kind, caring, concerned for the mare but it still has the mysterious edge it always has. I was still quiet happy from the night before when there was a new addition to my small family of Assassins with all credit going to Tonka, my most trusted follower at the moment. If not because he had been the first to join but also because he had brought back valuable members and was prepared to bring back more.

"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits

Faelon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
I didn't know what truly brought me to these barren lands, especially at night. I was out in the open instead of the forests that shielded me with their thick foliage, hiding me like a white shadow. I shook my mane and continued walking while thinking and reflecting on my life. Was the moon goddess really here, watching over all the dangerous, racist unicorns that wouldn't hesitate to cream my hide? I wasn't sure, and I flicked my ears, nervous and wanting to get out of here as fast as I could, without being caught. I swiftly started trotting, but instead of making noise like normal, I tried to limit the amount of force I put down with each step, reducing the noise of trotting by a lot.

AS I continued walking, I started going deep into self thought, and how my life has been coming to Helovia. Since I was here alone, I knew it would be the perfect time to also contemplate. My mind started wandering back to my old home, that I dearly missed feircly with my life. What if I hadn't been captured, broken, beaten, and tortured? What if I still had been able to peacefully live without having to hurt others. Anger started bubbling inside of me, deep within, and growing as I kept on thinking about my tormentors. They stole me from my home, taking everything I loved, scattering, or possibly killing my family. The alien like feeling of rage came upon me, and though it was surprising me, it was also making me feel enlightened. I felt like rearing up on my hind legs and giving out an infuriated whinny. They cast me out to these....these.damned lands. I was now utterly alone, with no place to truly call home.

I remembered how those horses I met in the forest looked at me with scorn when I tried helping the filly. Where were they from? The World's Edge. The name popped into my mind as I thought. No matter what I did, I would always be looked down upon by stronger brutes. It was me against the world now. Now that the short spark of anger calmed, I saw two mares in the distance. Curiosity pricked and even though I was trying my best to avoid horses at this moment, I walked straight ahead to these two. As I approached, I saw a troubled mare, with no mane, but a beautiful long, red tail. She had striking blue eyes that made an impact on me. She was quite beautiful, despite her lack of a mane.. But sadly, I knew with her deformity the others would scorn her. Pity settled on me, as my eyes wandered over to the other mare. She seemed quite familiar, when it struck me. It was Ignita! The Assassins leader. I eyed her and gave a formal head boy "Hello M'lady, I am Faelon", I said formally acknowledging the maneless beauty. I then turned to Ignita. "Hello Ignita", I said respectfully. The beauty seemed utterly troubled, and I felt like reaching out to her. "By any chance, is something bothering you?" I shyly, but kindly asked waiting for their replies.

Crven Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Crven
Someone I used to know....

An apparition seemed to appear right out of the air, her dark pelt melding so perfectly with the night that even upon closer inspection it was hard to see her features. Save for that long cloud of a mane that fell like a veil across her neck. Unconsciously she curled her neck, an attempt to hide her own naked hide. The mysterious creature seemed almost concerned, and for a moment Crven wondered why. Ah....it was for her...how strange to run into someone out here that cared that she was upset.....Well....it would have been a surprise to run into someone who cared anywhere....but out here in this frozen wasteland the thought was even more farfetched. Her marbled ears twitched, swiveling towards the sweet sound of the ghosts voice."Ignita..." She said softly....someone had mentioned that name to her before, with an air of reverence in their voice....But she could not specify why....That lone stallion with the lighting strike on his shoulder perhaps? Though he had said very little before falling silent in Thor’s presence. She wondered though...would her situation have been different if he had not? "Yes, I mean no....I mean....I am fine, thank you.." Speech never came easy to her, though she didn’t have a whole lot of conversations under her belt to begin with.

And then from the darkness came another spectre, so bright was his pelt in the darkness that he almost glowed. A beautiful twisted horn sprouted from his skull, his radiant mane seeming to flow like liquid gold as he drew closer. Unconsciously she took a small step closer to Ignitia. Though she had not met a unicorn of these lands yet she was well aware of the stories.....They hated equines of the normal sort, treating them as less than themselves. Though...this stallion seemed friendly, his pale lips curling into the semblance of a smile as he addressed her. M’lady....well that was new. She had been shocked when Thor had called her ‘Miss’.....but M’lady she had never heard before, though his voice treated it as some sort of endearment. He addressed Ignita...something she would not expect from someone who was supposed to be racist and cruel, respect followed his words...Yet another blow to the image of unicorns she had built up in her skull. He was small, though not discerningly so. He reminded her of a deer...able to flit through the forest without disturbing a single leaf. It took her a moment to realize that he was waiting for her to speak....and that she was staring...something she hated when it was turned on her. She quickly averted her eyes, feeling blood warm her furred cheeks. "Yes...but I am fine....thanks to both of you for asking.....I had not expected to run into such kind beings out here in the middle of nowhere...." Faelon......she rolled his name on her tongue, trying it out without actually speaking. It reminded her of summer rain....fluent and beautiful...just like this unicorn. "Faelon...." She said softly, trying out his name just as she had Ignita’s......it was a habit of hers to repeat names....something she should probably break herself from, lest someone be offended or angered.

Her pale eyes flickered between the two of them, Ignita’s dark pelt in strong contrast against his pale one....... Just then seeing the dark horn that sprouted from her forehead....so not only was she in the company of one unicorn...but two...And neither of them had been so much as rude to her. It just went to show you that hearsay was worthless. "I was letting myself wallow in a bit of self pity.....a bad habit of mine." She smiled, but that sheen to her eyes was still there....That sadness in her soul sparkled like the scales of fish beneath the oceans surface.

"Talk talk talk."
Image Credits

Faelon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
As I intently watched and waited for the maneless mare to speak, I saw Ignita step back, seeming sympathetic, but at the same time watching us, or more likely the mare. I was actually quite glad to see her here, but I didn't really know what to do of her appearance. The last encounter with her was with the sharp tongued Arabian mare, Adrixaura, who couldn't shut her mouth for the sake of her life. Thankfully I wasn't a racist, nor cruel unicorn, or else I would have used this dreadful horn to strike her. Ignita, though seeming very kind, she was like a deadly snake ready to strike. I heard the mare reply to me turning her head away from me, and speaking. What would it be like to have no mane? Were the others terribly cruel to her? Or was it the fact that she has never seen a unicorn before? She was acting dreadfully nervous shifting her eyes and stepping back a little bit. I tried my best to look calm, and happy, perking up my ears with interest, and relaxing my tense body. I felt no threat with the two ladies.

"Thank you. I find it a duty to be kind to anyone", I said, meaning every word. There was something troubling the lady, but I wouldn't dare ask again, for I knew I would be intruding her personal space. I admired her icy blue eyes, like the intricate ice crystals that grew in patterns along walls of the strange rock formations. It was a pity that they had to be located in such a wretched place as this. A barren landscape with not a single tree in sight. It was a vulnerable place, where a horse could spot you from miles away, and you were without the protection of comforting trees. I also observed her neck, she was maneless but still beautiful, with a fiery red tail. I then heard her roll my name on her tongue, and I smiled at her. Was my name really so diverse from the rest? She then continued to speak, and I felt horrible for her. What was it that was bothering the fae so much? "I truly feel sorry for you", I said noting the overwhelming pain in her precious eyes. I started wandering back to the way I have been treated. "I guess I can say I have the same bad habit", I said sympathetically. It was true that I thought so hard about things that I depressed myself causing stomach aches.

I decided to try to avert the subject, speaking "What is your name, M'lady?" I spoke, waiting curiously, hoping that maybe we could speak together. I looked back at Ignita giving her a courteous smile, and moving my gaze back to the fae.