the Rift

[OPEN] það er eldur í blóði mínu

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
The moments alone with Mauja were held precious in the mare's thoughts. Stepping closer to Mauja, she spoke slowly, her words gentle. "Is there something wrong?" The words slid out of her black maw, slowly, gently. Closing her mouth and continuing to gaze into the churning magma, the mare had time to think. Think about her mistakes. Leaving Mauja... and everyone else. Those were two of her many mistakes. Flicking audits back in annoyance with herself, the mare didn't hear the stranger coming.

When he spoke she was startled. Whipping around, the mare was beginning to think that one of the petty hornless was trying to mingle. But upon seeing the glinting horn upon his head I sigh, relaxing. "M-morning..." The mare lowered her large head, glancing back at Mauja. He hadn't moved, and she was hesitant to flick her leonine tail towards his hocks. He seemed so... out of it. It was as though he was a body with no soul. No emotions were visible upon his glowing features. Was he angry? Sad? The mare wanted to know. She wanted to help him. She wanted to pull him out of this state.

The silence seemed to stretch out longer than anyone would've liked. The mare positioned herself so that her back faced the stranger. She wanted to speak, tell him how sorry she was for leaving. How sorry she was for everything. Could she do it? No, there was still fear deep within her. Shoving the fear further down into her mind didn't work, instead she tried to face it. Black lips quivering, the mare mustered her courage and gave a simple few words. "I.. I'm sorry for leaving you." Turning to the stranger, the mare nods her head slowly. She hadn't been in Helovia during the Invasion, thus she did not know that the Grey had taken over the Foothills. "Your name?" The mare did not give her name, careful not to reveal her name until she knew this strangers name. An eye for an eye as they always say.

Waiting, the mare lashed her lithe tail, her mind lost deep within her sea of thoughts. She recalled all the encounters during her short journey. She had met plenty of suffering hornless horses, and ending their lives was easy, and I suppose a small act of kindness. Not only this, but she had met some strange hybrids. She even shunned a few unipegs. The thoughts shifted to her king, Mauja. He seemed a little out of it right now, the way he kept his icy eyes on the bubbling lava. Pulling herself out of her thoughts, the mare shifted her weight and waited in silence.
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
það er eldur í blóði mínu - by Mauja - 03-25-2013, 05:50 PM
RE: það er eldur í blóði mínu - by Leyra - 03-25-2013, 06:50 PM
RE: það er eldur í blóði mínu - by Locket - 03-25-2013, 07:42 PM
RE: það er eldur í blóði mínu - by Mauja - 03-27-2013, 08:02 AM
RE: það er eldur í blóði mínu - by Leyra - 03-27-2013, 12:43 PM
RE: það er eldur í blóði mínu - by Locket - 04-07-2013, 05:35 AM