the Rift

[FINISHED] Satan laughing spreads his WINGS [ANY PEGASUS]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Most people who got to know me knew I spent my days doing five things on a regular basis. Here, I’ll save time and comply a short list: I work, parent, train, recruit, try to unsuccessfully not “think about Ktulu”, and pray. Currently I was doing two of those listed five. Praying, meditating and making a valiant yet
unsuccessfully effort to not think about my dark mistress.

Guess which one was winning the concentration war? Eventually I sighed in defeat, caving into the wanderings of a weak mortal mind. Since before the dawn I had come here, early enough for the stars to start flickering out as I lay beneath the protection of a live oak. Mist settled as it usually did and I held no concern. This was holy ground, a place to humble oneself before their gods. A place for worship and sometimes to even have prayers answered.

Determining that I wasn’t going to get much worthy devotion time in and finding that my day could be better used for other things; ‘such as the other three chores on my list’. I stirred blood into tingling legs and rose to full height. All sixteen or so feet of glorious ivory unfurled without delay, the sun laced portion of my primary’s touched light only to glimmer with envy. Right wing had been curled beneath me and after laying upon it for a time the tendons had drifted into a state of sleep. Noiselessly I moved it to shake feeling back into hollow bones. This was of course when my sensitive ears caught the sound of others.

"That's because I didn't tell you, you dumb bitch."

His words had been soft to my distant ears, yet it struck a chord in me so forcibly, that the calm almost fatherly expression on my face vanished in an instant. My façade hardened into something that might hold a resemblance to chiseled stone. Narrowed eyes peered through the light fog, luckily my efforts were rewarded when the shapes of a pair came swirling into view. Undaunted by cloudy emotions of worry that I might be interrupting something, I start towards the duo at a brisk trot. Bottomless pools glued on the one being routed away from options; as the distance closed it became apparent that memory would serve to say I knew this girl.

She was a fellow clanmate, a promising sister. The rest of the man’s words were lost to me, drowned out by the beating of my hooves against forgiving soil, and the pounding of a heart.

Callous gaze turned to the older unicorn, taking in his appearance and the pointed weapon upon brow. Nothing I saw gave him reason to be so threateningly close to Africa and certainly no reason for her to be crying; smooth as silk gliding across the ground my smaller frame slides right to move beside the flustered lass whom the Throat deemed worthy of protection, just as she rises to dart left with wings failing out. Apparently still unaware of my presence, and apparently frightened. Calm despite the tension, I draw near to stand firmly rooted were she had just stood, “Ma'lady--give voice to grief and see it settled." Appearance might have been like the ice covered mountains in the north, but my tone when speaking to her is hauntingly soft and comforting. Head arches toward throat-latch, and body naturally balances itself in trained watchfulness. Though I had missed much of this conversation, the way he bore into her with those dark eyes was enough evidence that foul play was afoot. Tone slipped words out with a thickness that would make molasses seem like vapor,"I would see you removed from sight unless there is reasonable explanation for lingering?"

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Satan laughing spreads his WINGS [ANY PEGASUS] - by Midas - 03-30-2013, 12:43 AM