the Rift

[PRIVATE] Lovely Lady {Nyx}

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
A sturdy body moved quietly through the bushes, and the heavily wooded area. The scenery was stunning as he looked through all of the trees and spotted a serene lake with swans swimming around. Never had he witnessed such a calm, peaceful place. There wasn't the normal commotion of all of the birds singing at once, and only soft waves lapping against the shore were heard. Arrane was quite entranced, and a little bit saddened. The mare that he was starting to fall in love with, Brisa, had suddenly disappeared, and he couldn't find her. He remembered the talk about going to the Endless Blue with her, to see the ocean.

He almost imagined himself behind her, watching the joyful look on her face, as the ivory mare would approach the crashing waves, shutting her eyes and lifting up her face with a smile. Her mane wet, softly billowing in the gale, as Arrane softly came up beside her, nuzzling her gently. But it was all a fantasy, an imagination that wasn't real. He dearly wished it could come true, but he hasn't come across her. Thinking back to his first true love, Orinthia, he shut his eyes and gently rocked himself. Despite his flirtatious nature, he had only fallen deeply in love once, and wondered, why had he suffered these heartbreaks? It was like a cruel joke played by the gods.

The black mare he had met, Orinthia, with the cool green eyes had captivated him beyond anything. Her curious adventerous personality had drawn him in.

Nyx Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The slender dark mare walked quietly and delicately through the dense trees. Her brown eyes scanned the beautiful scenery. The sun was barely visible through the trees, and a small liquid golden ray of sunlight glinted off her black coat. She flared her nostrils trying to catch a scent. Nyx held her head high, and her ears were pricked catching every sound. But the only thing that she could hear was the sound of her hoof beats echoing dully against the soft ground, and the sound of her heart beating. She hadn't seen another horse for a while, and she was getting kind of lonely wandering all by herself; her thoughts swirling around in her mind with no one to talk to. She had come here hoping for company; for someone to talk to; hoping to run into another horse.

Suddenly breaking through her thoughts, she heard hoof beats behind her. She spun around; surprised to see a strong looking white Arabian stallion. He was slightly taller than her, and had captivating blue eyes. She hesitated for a second, her heart thudding against her chest.

She just stood there for a second; hesitant of what to do. Finally breaking through her daze,
"Hello there!", she said kindly, her voice soft. "It's nice to meet you. My name is Nyx. Are you from around here.?" She looked into his blue eyes, and was pulled into his gaze. His eyes reminded her of a swirling clear blue pool. She looked away; embarrassed.

OOC: sorry for such a bad post. they'll get better though ;)

Hidden Account
Orinthia
Once thinking about the brilliant black mare, he couldn't stop. Her adventurous personality had somehow drawn him in. She was so...feminine, but unfeminine at the same time with that almost childish charm to her. Brisa was stunning too, almost a complete opposite when it came to looks, Brisa being ivory, and Orinthia being midnight black, but he was starting to fall for Brisa too until she disappeared. Brisa wasn't what he experienced with Orinthia though. More like a developing crush, due to the almost childish charm she had too. You're just a hopeless boy. Despite all your flirting, you fall in love like a sucker a voice in his head spoke.

Looking directly in front of him, he almost didn't see the shadow within the woods. A slender, dark mare stood before him and his heart started pounding repeating the same word in his head. 'Orinthia'. But her eyes were a warm chocolate brown instead of hazel eyes like his black beauty. That didn't return your love the voice rang again. The girl was really attractive, a little bit smaller than him, so he decided to speak to her, maybe even have a little flirt to get his mind going.

"Hi there!" Arrane kindly spoke back. Just like her. The mare was soft and kind like someone else he knew. "Nice to meet you too. I'm Arrane, and yes I'm from around here", he said choosing his words carefully. "My dear, you are one lovely lady. What are you doing all alone? Are you affiliated with a herd?" He asked, trying to flirt but having no muse for it. Maybe he would just try to spark up some interesting conversation instead. The dark fae turned her head away from him embarrassed, and he cocked a smile. "No need to hide your lovely face", he said flicking his tail. "And where do you come from?" Arrane asked sincere, but still with a trace of flirtation in his voice.

Nyx Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
A few colored leaves fell from the trees, and cascaded to the ground. A liquid golden ray of sunlight filtered through the large canopy of trees onto the dark mare's back. A crisp breeze whistled through the densely packed trees, and rustling the fallen leaves that were on the ground.
"Thank you.", she said shyly, accepting the complement, her voice sounding like belles. She heard the white stallion ask her where she was from, and she felt a small sadness in her chest. She missed her family. When she heard the flirtation in his voice, she sparked up a little inside. "And no, I am not from around here. I come from a herd in a faraway land. I made the decision to leave them because I wanted to find a new life. A new beginning. I have missed my family terribly, but I know now that I did the right thing. I am alone now; an outcast. I might wish to join a herd someday, but I kind of enjoy being on my own right now. Making my own decisions on what to do. It's really nice to have company though.", she said looking at him. "It gets kind of lonely having thoughts swirling around in your mind with no one to tell them to." A smile traced at her lips. It felt weird talking after all this time alone. Her voice sounded a bit different to her; as she had gotten used to not talking to anyone.

"Have you ever been part of a herd yourself?", she asked him.

*sorry for the wait*

Hidden Account
Orinthia
The grayish clouds that were looming in the sky finally disappeared, revealing the hidden sun, shining its rays on the black mare's back. She looked quite beautiful now, with glinting onyx fur, seeming like a treasured piece of obsidian shining in the light. The Orange Moon winds blew through, tumbling some of the tree's leaves to the ground, slightly floating around the girl before reaching their destination. As she replied to Arrane's compliment, he heard a soft voice, 'Thank you'. As it was spoken out of her velvety lips, it had a feminine, soft ring to it. The very tone of her voice was music to his ears, so kindling and gentle.

Looking back up at him with chocolate eyes, he momentarily remembered Brisa with her own alluring orbs. Would he ever get over the two mares that haunt him, or will Arrane finally get the chance to move on and live life? "Wow! You know, we have really similar pasts", he said with a kindred laugh. It was true: Born in a faraway land, Arrane had fought many wars as the herd's general, leading horses against each other. But in the end, despite his two lovely sisters, he left the place in search of a new life. Now he regretted leaving Leila and Willowe, for he missed them with his whole entirety.

"I guess you're more like me than I thought. Come along, lets talk", Arrane said, motioning her with his tail to go by the waters edge. He was thirsting for refreshing water, and pushing past the trees, he finally craned his neck over to drink up the liquid. Lifting up his elegant head, he spoke, not knowing if Nyx had followed him. "I lived as a general in a faraway land too, and lead the military against other invading herds. We weren't such a big power, no. More like a smaller family herd. I had two dear sisters, Leila and Willowe-", he paused, pain filling his chest at the names of his siblings. "But I felt the need to leave, to find a new life. I now enjoy wandering as an outcast, but hopefully I will be summoned to a new herd.

"Yeah, and I understand about the lonesomeness. I miss my family and sisters so much...they insisted on coming with me but I pushed them away", the stallion said, almost on the verge of tears, but hiding them. "I have lived in a herd before, and it's wonderful," He paused and spoke again. "If you have any thoughts now, we could share them together", Arrane pushed, wanting to talk more to someone.