the Rift

Assassins Fall, One by One [Tonka|Foothills herd meeting]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

"It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for;

Apollo oftentimes wondered just how he could lose track of himself so easily. Since the invasion and since gaining hold of their new home, the medic found himself wandering the plains and rocky patches of the Foothills, his nose twitching constantly upon the earth and soft, honey-brown eyes soaking in everything of their new home. He explored each nook and cranny, tasting the sweet grass and drinking in the crisp, clean waters that flowed from the higher mountain tops. This was what the Grey had needed; a home that was truly worth defending, and worth fighting for. A brief twitch of his dark lips caused the stag to chuckle.

Yes, he had fought in the invasion, and the Grey had gained a few new members because of it. Their home was growing more and more secure by the day, and that put the black and white overo at ease. Now, if only he could just find those blasted herbs he was looking for...

It was during the middle of his searching for medicinal herbs that Ophelia's cry caught his attention, his head snapping up to attention and ears swiveling forward so quickly that Apollo was sure he had given himself whiplash. Taking a moment to calm his spinning head, the unicorn turned towards where her voice had come from. He stared for a moment, spotting the herd begin to gather at the base of a hill, and with one last glance to the tree-line he had been standing beside, the Paint began the trek to join the others. Despite the meeting not being in his agenda, there was no way he would ever turn down Ophelia's call and beckon. Nor Ktulu's, should she ever summon him. Or Phaedra's... But that was for a different reason, he supposed.

Apollo's eyes soaked in the forms that had assembled in the meeting. While some of them he knew, like Peixos, Archibald, Lakota, and Phaedra - seeing her, his heart did a little jump in his chest, for she was beautiful once more -, and of course Ktulu and Ophelia, there were those gathered who he had never encountered before. His eyes lingered upon them all, soaking in their silent forms before re-directing his gaze towards his Chieftesses. What truly caught the stallion's interests, however, was the bay creature that stood beside Ophelia. Who was he? Did he intend to come to the Foothills and serve the Grey, as well? Then, those very questions were answered from his mind by the pale queen herself. No. He did not intend to join his family; quite the opposite, in fact.

... Assassins? Apollo gave a somewhat sarcastic snort. Who did these idiots think they were? Grey-wannabes? The bay brute's words were obviously meant to be intimidating, but the monochromatic stallion knew that his family would not be so easily swayed into cowardice. Tonka, as he was named, was a fool. As were his band of fake mercenaries. Apollo discovered that he would have laughed at their tomfoolery if such a reaction wouldn't have been deemed innapropriate. Then, Ophelia asked the question:

'Will any one join me?'

Of course he would. Apollo lived and breathed for the Grey, and he would do anything that they had asked him. Why did Ophelia even need to ask? He, a lowly stallion who was far from fighting material, had fought with his horn, teeth, and hooves to help gain this very land that they stood upon. No, Ophelia should never question his loyalty; for the Grey, Apollo would die a thousand times over.

Deciding to make his thoughts known, the black and white stallion pushed his way through the herd onlookers, ever politeful, and raised his head up high. The crystalline hues of his horn caught a few rays of sunlight, causing a rainbow effect to linger upon the ground. Inhaling deeply, Apollo paused in his tracks, and forced himself to speak.

"Ophelia... I will do whatever you or Ktulu ask me, as I have always done. If I can be of any assistance, I will do your bidding." He paused for a second and glanced around somewhat uncertainly, his eyes lingering a moment longer on Phaedra than was necessary before looking back to his pale queen, "Yet, I won't lie; I feel as though my best talents are here, at home, taking care of those who may need it." Yet if she ordered him to, then by the Gods themselves, Apollo would act.

I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill."

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Assassins Fall, One by One [Tonka|Foothills herd meeting] - by Apollo - 03-30-2013, 09:11 AM