the Rift

[PRIVATE] playin' our video games, xanthos

Adele Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 51590bd1d785d]

Adele & Vera

Adele's stomach felt large and often turned inside of her, giving the blue and red mare a sickening feeling. Vera had grown increasingly worrisome over this, often flying by her bonded's side just to carefully monitor Adele's growing tummy. Adele had no idea what it was making her stomach bulge and twist. She thought she had just eaten a bit of bad clover, but the affects of that would've worn off a long time ago, Adele's stomach had been growing and turning ever since she had met Loki and he had done things to her that were just too private to speak of.

The worrisome chirp of Vera sliced into Adele's thoughts, the mare turning her head to look at the snow-like dragon flying by her side. Vera landed on her bonded's nape, sticking out like a sore thumb in Adele's magical mane of fire. The flames harmed no one, but didn't give Vera much grip. The little dragon's claws often cut into Adele's skin, leaving her nape scabbed and scarred.

'Alright?' Vera questioned, positioning herself comfortably on Adele.

'Why wouldn't I be?'

'You look as if you have swallowed another horse.'

'I'm fine, Vera, stop worrying about me.'

'Then what are we going to do today?'

'Compare flowers.'

'You bore me.' With that, Vera let out a hot breath of smoke, raising her wings and within a few flaps of the pale appendages, the little dragon was once again flying by her bonded's side, though she was much more interested in her own thoughts than Adele's stomach or flowers. Adele flicked her tail of fire as she rolled her bi-colored eyes, studying the flowers at her dainty diamond hooves as she walked through this new landscape.

[i'm sorry if this post doesn't make any sense, Adele and I are still learning how to get along xc]

talk talk talk

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
SOMETIMES YOU'VE GOT TO LOSE EVERYTHING
TO FIND OUT THAT YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN RUNNING BLIND

With the onslaught of recent threats against the World's Edge, I had found it my duty as a Wraith to set out and gather more information on the supposed usurping of my home. Ink had taken it upon himself to venture to the Dragon's Throat, our sister herd, to learn more of them and their arid lands until Frostfall came. I respected his decision as well as those who had promsied to go along with him, and I might have volunteered myself if it didn't mean leaving our untrained Wraiths behind, as well as my family.

Today, however, my dearest girls of gold would not be at my side. Although I merely planned to travel the lands and listen with sharp ears, an innocent bystander in most cases, there was always the chance that things could turn ugly. I had learned that the hard seasons ago, when I had granted the great Weyrleader the power to leave the Aurora Basin. Of course, she could have overpowered me with ease, but still; after she had taken to the skies, Psyche and the Basin's Haruspex had approached and called me out on my claims. I still felt horrible for knocking the old stallion off of his feet, but I had felt it necessary for mine and Solstice's escape.

Though despite my worries of a scuffle, young Azel was trotting alongside me, his vibrant blue eyes peering all about as we began to ascend a rather steep hill. I had been unable to deny him the chance to go scouting with me, for I knew painfully well how much he enjoyed it. He had grown taller and strengthened in both mind and body since his hatching, and was able to keep up with me more easily than before. I knew this would be a good trial run for days to come, when he was grown and able to run even faster than myself. If he were to become my ever reliable companion, then he needed to learn how to be silent and listen when it was needed.

As we climbed the lip of the hill, what my golden eyes beheld was beyond anything I had ever seen before. We must have climbed higher than I had realized, for the hill, or mountain as it suddenly seemed, reached high into the heavens above. It was a rolling hill of still green grass, with a wide array of flowers wavering ever so slightly in the gentle breeze. For a moment, I couldn't help but wonder why I hadn't stumbled across this place earlier. The Foothills were not far from here... had Romani ventured to this heavenly escape before the overthrow of her old home?

Suddenly, I shake my head to rid myself of thoughts of the Foothills. I still wasn't sure how to take the news of a new reign upon the land, knowing it had been my love's pride and joy at one point, but there was little either of us could do about it now. Instead of dwelling on the thoughts, I focused on the beauty that lie before me, unable to help it as a smile pulled at my lips. It was unlikely that anybody else was up here, and while that might not always be the case for this quiet getaway, it belonged to none other than myself and Azel for now.

But like everything that seems to happen in my life, the moment doesn't last long. Up ahead, I spot the form of a most interesting figure. From her neck bursts the brilliant colors of fire, for that is what her mane seems to be made of, as well as her tail. Upon her body is a meshing of blue and earthly brown, and below her, she stands upon hooves that catch the light like no other I can recall. Although I had previously thought myself alone with Azel, the sudden appearance of this mare and her pale, winged companion do not bother me in the slightest. While my job consisted primarily of gathering information in silence, there was nothing stating that I couldn't simply ask for it. After all, my duty was to learn; not to be mute.

"Hello!" I called out, lifting my head in not a threatening manner, but in a way that displayed utmost joy as I began to approach. The last thing I wanted to do was scare the pair away, or have them attack me as had happened back in the Thistle Meadow during Birdsong. At my side, Azel had moved into a lengthy trot, his eyes looking more intently to the winged dragoness than to the equine. Even if my attempt at learning any new information was in vain, then perhaps Azel could make a new friend. "This place is lovely," I speak again, drawing to a halt when I declare myself a comfortable distance away from the colorful mare, "Do you come here often?" I pause then, shaking my head at my own haste. "I am sorry, forgive me; my name is Xanthos, and the little one is Azel."

Adele Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 51590bd1d785d]

Adele & Vera

Adele was sure she had seen many strange creatures in her lifetime, like Loki, for example, but she had never seen one as strange as this being. Upon his forehead he was adorned with a horn, and his tail was long, hair only sprouting from the very end of it. His body was coated a dun color, and by his side prowled a spotted cat-like thing.

Distracted by the new sights of the strangers, Adele could only stare with wondrous blue and orange eyes. She sought every corner of mind to place a name to this spotted cat, but only found a lingering sense of something that resembled the word 'cheater.'

'What is that spotted cat thing called, Vera? It's so strange...'

'Ha! You call him strange, but upon your neck sprouts fire and your body is half blue. I do not think the cheetah is the strange one.'

Adele quickly abandoned the conversation at that. The mare turned her attention back to the horned stallion who called himself Xanthos while Vera landed softly upon the ground, chirping in a friendly way to the ever curious Azel. Her pale nose reaches out to the fellow companion, eyes bright with happiness as she takes note of the smell that lingered upon his coat. It was one unlike Adele and Vera had ever known before, but it was sweet and salty. Something the dragon could no doubt get used to.

The blue and red mare smiles at Xanthos as he talks, for he had been nothing but nice to her. He seemed like someone Adele could no doubt trust. "It's fine. My name is Adele, and this little white dragon is Vera," the mare says with a flick of her magical tail of fire. "It is beautiful here, though I've never actually had the pleasure of walking upon these grasses. Well, as far as I know I haven't," Adele stutters upon her words, brow furrowed in thought as she moves her head to look upon the horizon.

She had no access to her memories, or what was left of them. As far as she knew, this land was alien to her. "I had an accident not too long ago. Vera and I lost our memories, so I'm too sure if I've ever been here or not," Adele sighs, turning back to face Xanthos. "Though I'd hate to ruin a happy moment with my sour tales," the mare makes a weak attempt at a smile, though her orbs still shine with a sense of exuberance.

Adele's gaze shifts to Vera and Azel, looking at the pair with an odd feeling of jealousy. Vera was so much better at getting along with horses than she was. "Vera likes your little friend," Adele murmurs, still watching the pair. "Tell me, Xanthos, if you'd like to answer that is, where do you come from in this land?" Adele asked tentatively. He didn't carry the smell of fresh spring or thick trees with him, so it made the mare doubt he lived in the Foothills. But maybe, just maybe, he could point her in the right direction.

talk talk talk

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
SOMETIMES YOU'VE GOT TO LOSE EVERYTHING
TO FIND OUT THAT YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN RUNNING BLIND

As I approached, I couldn't help but notice the look of wonder that crossed the mare's face. It reminded me very much of how my dearest daughter often looked upon me, ever so curious as to why we held horns upon our head. Due to the surprising lack of unicorns living in the World's Edge, she always thought that hers might fall off and she would be like everybody else. With a smile on my face, I would always reassure her that it was hers to keep, and simply be mindful of the growing point whenever she was around the others.

However, the stranger's eyes seemed to linger upon my spotted compatriot, but I knew that he would not mind the looks. Azel loved attention, and he often did plenty of staring himself. He was weird.

The mare turned her gaze back to me and offered a smile, to which I happily returned one of my own. She called herself Adele, and her pale dragoness was named Vera. She explained that this was her first time venturing into this heavenly field of lush grass and flowers, but then, she added a most curious bit of information; she did not recall having ever stepped here before. I was prone to being forgetful at times, as I supposed most were, but the way she knit her brows together perked my interest in her story. She went on to explain, telling me of a story she seemed hesitant to touch upon.

In an instant, I found that I could not blame Adele for wanting to push the topic away and go to something else. My beloved Romani had suffered something similar, but luckily, she had regained what I could hope were all of her memories. In my rush to get her away from the war in the Foothills, and to the safety of the World's Edge so that she may give life to our daughter, I had not yet sought answers as to the reason behind her amnesia. Even now I found myself short of time, watching Jasiri while Romani patrolled the borders, as well as our young feline counterparts. I had not even bestowed the blue jay feather upon her since I had retrieved it two seasons ago.

"You're quite alright," I tried to reassure the mare, flashing her a gentle smile as she sighed, "Please, I would be more than happy to hear of your tale. Perhaps I can help." Although I doubted I could, I was always up for helping another out, be they stranger or friend, and I wouldn't deny Adele the same extension of my help.

She speaks of our bonded counterparts, then, and as I turn my head to gaze upon the pair, I couldn't help but chuckle. Azel had stepped closer to the dragoness, stretching his neck outward to touch his nose to Vera's, whiskers twitching as he drew her scent in. It smelled of the wilds, so different than his own coat which must wreak of salt and pine. With a sudden perk of his ears and a twitch of his muscles, Azel leapt forward in a playful manner at Vera, striking out and batting harmlessly at her wings. I admire their youthful exuberance.

Finally I pull my gaze away from the pair, and return it to Adele. "And Azel likes her," I say in reply, but then quiet when the mare of fire proffers her own question. Fond thoughts of my new home instantly fill my mind, and I am more than happy to indulge in an answer. "The World's Edge, which lies southwest from here along the cliffs. It is led by Mirage, the Dragonheart." I pause for a moment, quirking a brow in genuine curiosity at my last words. I hope I do not come off as rude as I speak them. "Do you recall ever hearing of it?"