the Rift

Feathers of the brightest colors (Closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Her bright eyes are full of excitement, a reaction that was most welcome. It was hard to describe the Throat in ways that people understood. Sure it was a desert, and sure it was hot; but there was so much more to our land. So much texture, change and beauty. The layers of this flower grew more wondrous as the user pealed back the spiny outer shell. In the distance our ocean lashed against a pure white shoreline, its salty water filling the air with familiar tastes that replaced the muggy humidity of a forest. The oasis sparkled in the distance, a personal sanctuary with plentiful grass and a cool crystal like lake that was pristine no matter the season.

Tropical trees littered the surrounding area, lined with beautiful flowers of every sort and color. Vines, and sea moss hung from less exotic species that I knew not the name for. Plus there was life a plenty, birds of vibrant colors more showy then even Fina. Lizards and desert snakes, mule deer, toads, fox’s and countless others. In a day one couldn’t span this area, explore the hidden tomes of our sandstone caves and wonder through the salt formations along the coast. No, this territory had to be lived in. My feet alight on soft summer annuals, the texture is bright and flourishing from our nearby water source. My cranium turns to regard our new sister who had just touched down.

“Wow….This is certainly a contrast to the forest.”

I grin at the obviousness of her statement, “It is,” I say in total agreement, “The heat is something that is more or less tolerated and not gotten used to. Nights are pleasant though, and less harsh then most other territories during Frostfall” My gaze turns toward the span of paradise ahead, “You’ll find water and food within this area, rest and refresh yourself; later we can talk about your position within the herd.” I only guessed that she was like the others, tired and ready to take a load off. My experience had noted only two who had been put to work right after arriving….working had been their preference of course.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feathers of the brightest colors (Africa, Open) - by Midas - 04-04-2013, 12:22 PM