the Rift

Feathers of the brightest colors (Closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING

Those that were saved much, are grateful much.

“Thank you.” She said.

A day well done, those two little words made our threshold adventure all worth it. My face swelled with content joy, she was going to stay—and hopefully become a sincere throatier. Her silver frame moves away, apparently Africa was going to take my advice and find a bed for the night. Those thoughts mirrored my own longing, honestly I yearned for sleep as well. Cera would be waiting for me, he always waited up. Though, before me and her part ways I added softly to the growing space between us, “Good night to you sister, may your dreams be peaceful and wings ever strong.” My father had spoken that phrase to newcomers; it was a sentence uttered by those of tender hearts.

“May your dreams be peaceful…” It echoed and I sighed.

How long had it been since I actually felt truly at peace? When had something not been breathing down my spine? Hate? Fear? I almost envied the sleep she would get tonight, it would be a protected rest. Free of demons that sought to do harm. Earth’s lords face flickers into my mind as a reminder of all the lessons that had been learned thus far. Forgiving a killer. Forgiving myself. I smile, turning away-- pushing these limbs onto a trail that would surely lead me home. Home was an old magnolia tree on the otherside of the oasis, Fina would have already arrived; Cera would be eating beside it. Those bright childlike emeralds ablaze with new stories to share. They were my family, but in a strange way—each of my clan brothers and sisters held a special spot in my heart. I loved them, just as I love my child, just as I loved family.

OOC: Midas exits

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feathers of the brightest colors (Africa, Open) - by Midas - 04-10-2013, 10:41 PM