the Rift

Traveler Among Thistle [open]

Vy Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Vy
curious

The grey mare buckled when Vy stood and she hadn't a clue why. The opposing mare's eyes closed into slits and she leaned slightly forward with her head to the side. Poor Vy was very confused, she couldn't fathom what the mare was judging her for. Her stance hadn't changed. She simply stood there waiting for her to speak. The tension hung in the air for more than a few moments, the new mare having some kind of preconceived notion of Vy. Suddenly the light purple mare even became the least bit self-conscious about how she looked. Could it be her pelt? Her markings? Something about how she looked set this mare off.

How strange that someone should react so differently when one part of the situation becomes clear. No change, just realization. Maybe I'm the odd one. Could it be that I'm the only one different? That's plausible as well...how would I know if I'm different? I haven't anything to compare myself to. The words curled around her lips, and softly emanated around her delicate face. Though they were spoken softly and under her breath, they were still audible. More than anything they were a kind of insight into what she was thinking. Her thoughts were open, free.

"I am Africa." The mare finally spoke. Her voice was soft as well though it projected more through the crisp air of midday. She smiled, seeming to want to be civil despite whatever happened only moments before. She brushed that off, it could have been misinterpreted. Then the mare, Africa, spoke additionally, "From Dragons Throat..." She trailed off and looked expectantly at Vy for her reaction and, more importantly, her reply.

Not knowing anything of the lands here, she was completely oblivious to the weight that those words carried. Face stagnant, staring back at the solid grey mare just as much before, she replied, "I come from the Basin." Figuring that that's what she wanted to hear, that's the best that she could do.

Then, through the swaying grasses, something much smaller than both of them with much more hair, or fur rather, waded through. It was making it's way towards them both. Whatever tension that was between the two mares now dissipated. Africa walked hurriedly to stand beside Vy, touching her barrel. Vy was taller than Africa though not as heavily built. The slender mare stood unchangingly as the creature neared.

Getting closer and closer, Vy squinted to try and make sense of what it was. The sun reflected on the field and back into her eyes, making it almost too bright to see. The grass parted and a path from where it ventured from was evident. It seemed to be quite heavy for such a small thing. Finally it reached a few paces away from them. A...wolf? Vy didn't know any better and assumed that there were more like this one, so the fact that there was a wolf in their midst didn't surprise her in the least.

Africa crouched beside her, making herself as small as possible. This was quite laughable considering Vy was substantially thinner than her and it would have been impossible for her to be completely hidden. The wolf wagged it's tail and Vy realized why it was so large for it's size. It wasn't an it, it was a she, and she was pregnant. It seemed that she was close to having pups as well. Why would an expecting mother be doing by herself wandering about? The mother looked pleasant enough. Vy nodded at her in approval. Then she introduced herself, "Hello. I am Ayaka, Soldier of the Dragon's Throat. Who are you two?" She gazed playfully from Vy to the shape of Africa beside her. Africa fidgeted beside her, uneasy by the canine in front of them both.

After realizing what the expecting mother had said, Vy wasn't sure which part was significant as of yet, she asked, "Wait, you're from the Throat? You're a...wolf." She seemed astonished.

Vy stared back at the wolf, Ayaka, for a response. Her beautiful copper coat gleamed in the sun. Fine sand was woven throughout the lower part of her stomach and feet, accentuating the red that was naturally placed there. Ayaka really was a gorgeous wolf.

In the thick grass and bright sun, Vy awaited both of their reactions. And Africa spoke again, "I am Africa, and this is Vy. My friend." Africa turned to Vy with wonder-lit eyes. The thin mare was surprised at the words Africa had used to describe them. Was it because she was afraid of the wolf and wanted to seem bigger as a team? Or was it because she genuinely wanted to be friends with Vy and sensed that she was no threat? Either way, the feelings between them were positive and that was good enough for her.

"."

Messages In This Thread
Traveler Among Thistle [open] - by Vy - 03-28-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: Traveler Among Thistle [open] - by Africa - 03-30-2013, 11:10 PM
RE: Traveler Among Thistle [open] - by Vy - 04-01-2013, 02:16 PM
RE: Traveler Among Thistle [open] - by Ayaka - 04-01-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: Traveler Among Thistle [open] - by Africa - 04-01-2013, 09:43 PM
RE: Traveler Among Thistle [open] - by Vy - 04-02-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Traveler Among Thistle [open] - by Africa - 04-11-2013, 11:11 PM
RE: Traveler Among Thistle [open] - by Vy - 04-14-2013, 08:09 PM
RE: Traveler Among Thistle [open] - by Africa - 04-15-2013, 09:54 PM
RE: Traveler Among Thistle [open] - by Vy - 04-27-2013, 01:30 AM