the Rift

[OPEN] My dear friend, I've missed you...|| Aryel, Open

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
 Levi</style>

What was this? An uneasy feeling crept down the tingling spine of the grullo stallion. His vision was wearily blurry and he was wounded badly. He could still feel the wounds that had drawn fresh blood and now the itchiness of them healing, but why? He could not remember that much, but vaguely recognized the subtle little granules that his hooves sank into. His dark shadowing dripped with sweat as the golden rays of the sun touched the base of his pathetic excuse of a body. He was weak, ashamed, and destroyed. What had hit him? It was obvious he had been in a fight, but he had so many training spars that he could not remember what happened…

Water.

A grumpy moan strung his vocal chords as the dreadful sound surprised the brute suddenly. His throat was so dry he did not think that he would be able to make a sound let alone try to talk. Pressing his tongue against the roof of his mouth, it felt as though sand paper had been rubbed between the two. Dry as the sun, dry as a desert’s summer. There was no fresh saliva to rejuvenate the dried spots. It kind of occurred to him that he needed something… He needed water. It was the only thing that crossed his mind right now. It was weird that his thoughts weren’t about Phaedra, Tio, Kri, or his herd. Nothing from the past few days occurred to his frantic mind. His thoughts seemed to be traveling a thousand miles per minute. Was it a lack of concentration? Or the fact that he was so run down. He shouldn’t be, he is a warrior, and warriors shouldn’t get run down. All he could do was plod slowly across the hot surface and hope that he wouldn’t pass out. The only thing that kept him going was the sound of his own breathing for he knew he was alive and he needed to strive for his herd.

[Sorry this is so bad and short lol]

"blah blah blah."

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

It had seemed like an average day in the Throat. She had left Oras to play near the oasis and begun her patrol for the day, gliding down their desert land's border in order to meet any that might be crossing it. Aryel's mind was rarely on aggression when she encountered a newcomer, unless she knew them to be dangerous. The Throat may have been a militaristic herd, but their prowess in battle disguised what was actually a very laid-back fighting force. There was no need to be stern and serious when there was no enemy.

The sun warmed her back and wings as usual, and she reflected that Orangemoon was just around the corner. Her mind danced at thoughts of crisp apples, bright leaves, cool nights, and ghost stories. She loved ghost stories (she had even met a few ghosts herself in Helovia). Beside her flew Java, who still took every opportunity to exercise his new powers of flight. He much preferred the heat to the cold, and she wondered how he would handle the colder season.

A form down below distracted her, and she banked her flight to intercept the newcomer. Coming to a galloping landing on the sand some distance from the stranger, she turned and walked towards him. "Welcome t-" Her words caught in her mouth.

It was Levi.

Weary, mussed, and wounded, but him all the same.

"Levi!" she shouted, rushing forward to throw her neck over his. Catallatio's words rung in her ears from their meeting in the Threshold. You know, I hear Levi went missing from the Throat. They say he went off in search of me, and never returned. She had begun to seriously worry something had happened to her friend. She relinquished her neck hug and nuzzled his shoulder with her head. "When I didn't see you in so long, I started to worry." She lifted her head to look at him with concerned eyes. "What happened to you?" Java, who had been surprised by Aryel's dive, now landed on her back and clambered up her neck, peering between her ears at the male. He didn't know him. But any friend of his bonded was a friend of his.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

Blurriness corrupted his pupils as it was getting worse and worse. The slightest step was like a whole earthquake was shaking the earth beneath his hooves. His head pounded so hard that he could feel the steady heart beat every time. Moaning, he was about to lose it, everything he just needed rest. He knew that he was not going to be able to find water, so his next defense he knew he would need to rest, but he knew if he did he might lose consistence and that would not be a good thing. The sun was not helping either as it seemed to be burning him alive and cooking his gently healed wounds. Limping and battered the brute knew that he needed help anyone… He needed someone now than he had ever needed before. They would have to be his tourniquet at least for now. He was so weak and drowsy that he had never felt like this in his life, it was quite unbearable.

The sudden sound of a familiar tone caught his attention, but it quickly was fading away as he could not turn his head to see who it was. The comforting scent shot up into his nostrils as he felt a comforting touch on top of his sweating neck. He knew who it was by her scent, and he immidiatly felt relieved. His emotions were getting mixed in with his weariness. He all of a sudden just wanted to collapse right there with Aryel. He did not care if he even died there because he knew that he was home and he was in the care of his dearest friend, Aryel. He felt the feeling that tears were swelling in his eyes, but he was so dehydrated that nothing was coming out. “A-aryel.” He stuttered almost collapsing. He wanted to tell her everything, he wanted to tell her that he didn’t remember a thing at the moment, but she seemed to be understanding. Pressing his muzzle into hers he closed his eyes as she nuzzled into his broad shoulder. It sent a slight tingle down his spine when he suddenly realized something… it was then that knew he loved her. The brute loved her for many reasons, but mainly she was there for him and he did not know how he could ever repay her. He loved her as a friend, a sister, his comfort, but could it be more?

“I-I don’t knoo.” He slowly said as his head continuously kept dropping. His tongue was so dry that he could not pronounce his words of speak, he was going to need water before he would be able to talk to her.

"blah blah blah."

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

To her concern, her friend seemed unable to even form a simple sentence. As he mumbled her name and brushed his muzzle against hers, she peered into his eyes, realizing they looked unfocused and blank. His voice was raspy and weak. Combined, the two didn't bode well. She glanced up at the sky, the sun suddenly seeming much less benevolent. She didn't want to believe that she had found him only to lose him from heatstroke. She didn't want Levi to die. The thought was too horrible to comprehend. "Come on." she said, standing next to him and slipping her wing over his back. "We need to get you out of the heat." She began to walk him slowly forward. The oasis wasn't far.

---

Nevertheless, it felt like the walk had taken ages. But at last the oasis had come into view, sparkling merrily in the sun amidst clusters of palms, cacti, flowers, and scrub. Papyrus reeds whispered to themselves in the shallows, and desert melons grew from the moist mud by the water. A small herd of white-coated oryx with brown necks and chests guzzled water on the opposite shore, their horns curving back like lethal scimitars. They watched the horses with bright black eyes, but made no move to leave. Aryel shepherded Levi into the shade of a palm that grew on the shore, and nudged him towards the water. She didn't want to risk pressing him for answers, but curiosity and concern burned inside her. Had someone hurt him? Why had he disappeared? She thought again of Catallatio and his implied threats. Had he and Levi really fought?

Java jumped off her neck, his wings briefly whipping her mane before they bore him aloft into the thick branches of a nearby joshua tree. He hung upside-down, his toe claws gripping the rough, and watched Levi, sharing his bondmate's worry through their link.

(Short post is short.)

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

"Come on." Aryel said "We need to get you out of the heat."

Pressing himself on was torturous. It was like everything was in an abyss of slow motion and he could not focus. He barley heard what Aryel had said, but he trusted her. Levi was not worried that Aryel wouldn’t take care of him. Aryel was his best friend and he knew that she was going to save him... right?...Unless, of course this, was a hallucination and then what? The only way he knew this was not dream a hallucination, or nightmare, was because he could feel the gentle touch of Aryel’s wing on his back. It really did send chills down his spine and he did not know why but maybe it was because, because what? Levi could not even wrap his head around the thought it was too… too much.

The heat was almost gone because her magnificent blue roan wings kept him feeling secure and safely comforted. It felt like hours, days even of walking. He had no clue where she was taking him, but he did wonder why she was making him travel so far. Of course he figured that maybe he was so far away from the oasis that they needed to travel that far anyways. It was the sudden rush of them stopping when Aryel guided the musky grullo brute into shade. Shade! It took Levi a moment to realize the sun’s rays were not glowing on his body anymore, but the fact that he was surprisingly cooler by the sudden blockade from the tree.
Aryel.

Levi did not know what he was feeling inside but it was certainly different than he had ever felt about anyone before. Even Phaedra, it just wasn’t the same. Was this a new feeling that had never been released in his system before? Her even slight tough made him think that she was some type of god because she made him feel as though he was magic. Levi wasn’t aware that he was going just a bit crazy because of his heat stroke.

His head dropped from his weakness of the nudge when he realized his lips weren’t dry anymore. His chin rested at the edge of the shore while his lips were drenched with liquid. Water! Submerging his whole muzzle into the water he inhaled as much as he could before he needed to breath. Then rolling into the river, he felt rejuvenated. Then in an instant he remembered everything.

“Aryel thank you I don’t even know how to repay you.” His silver orbs looked brighter now and his tone was stronger. Reaching his maw out his brushed hers, feeling the soft touch against his own. Hot breath came out his nostrils as he pulled away. “I know you are probably wondering what happened… Long story short I found Tio and fought him. I don’t know what happened, but I blacked out when he didn’t hit or injure me. All I remember is the fact that I pushed so much power into my magic that I couldn’t breathe…” Taking a short breath his looked towards the ground “I don’t have much control over it still and because it’s so powerful I don’t know how to fully control myself yet so I’m guessing that I drained all of my energy and when I was out, Tio must have tried to kill me and somehow I made it back here… with you.” A grin came across his face as he sigh-laughed gleefully. “If you weren’t here I would have died… Aryel you saved my life.” Going closer to her he rested his neck against hers hugging her. Wrapping his wing around her as well, he lifted his neck up and gently pressed his lips against her cheek before he almost had a heart attack from seeing Java.

"blah blah blah."

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel sighed with relief as Levi began drinking like a thirsty camel. Maybe he would be okay. And then he rolled into the water.

She blinked, expression rapidly going from relief to worry. The water was shallow, though, and he emerged, sopping but alert. Grinning, she stepped into the water so her front hooves were submerged up to the hocks. "You can thank me by getting better." she said, enjoying the touch of his muzzle against hers. Levi had always been rather uninhibited when it came to physical contact, not that it mattered. She liked that about him, his open and trusting personality. Her ears pricked as she listened to his explanation. So they had fought and Tio was telling the truth for once. The fact he now had magic caught her by surprise. She knew the feeling of being unable to control the ability. The first time she had tried to use her fire magic, she had charred the ground around her hooves. Even now, she still felt odd when she called it up, especially in a fight. Aggressive. Sadistic, almost. Like she wanted to burn everything. And yet it was such a subtle feeling, she had yet to connect it with her flames.

"Aw, come on." she laughed as he claimed she had saved life. "You'd have managed." She leaned into his neck hug, feeling his smooth feathers brush against her back. Funny how fate worked. The first Throat horse she met became her closest friend. When his lips brushed her cheek, she blinked in surprise. The gesture left an odd, but not unpleasant at all, buzz where he had touched her. Before she could ponder over the feeling, she noticed his shock upon seeing Java in his tree. "Things have changed since you've been gone." she said, smiling. "That's Java, my bondmate. Granted, he takes a little getting used to, but he's sweet as can be. And I've acquired some magic myself, from a dragon in the Heart." Her irises flickered electric blue as a wisp of blue flame rose from one hoof. Extinguishing the flame, she extended one wing towards the ground to showcase the silver design, then tilted her head to show the eagle feather woven in her mane. "Of course, it hasn't just been me getting new stuff." She gently slipped out from under his neck hug. "The Throat and the Grey struck up a temporary deal. They won't help Catallatio in his invasion, but in return we helped them take over the Windtossed Foothills." She sighed, recalling the conflict she had felt over that. She had wanted desperately to prove herself to Kri, but at the same time wished she had not been ousting innocent horses in order to do so. "And I met Catallatio again, actually. Near the Threshold. He was an arrogant mudbrain, as usual. We probably would have fought if two other horses weren't there." Recalling the no-nonsense star-colored mare that had interjected, she grinned. "Also, I've adopted a son, Oras. He's a little black unicorn with blue marks. His mother abandoned him." She wished Levi had been there during the invasion. Maybe he could have helped her understand why she did it.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

"You can thank me by getting better."

After Aryel had talked, Levi snorted with sarcasm, but when he noticed she was brushing up against his muzzle as well, he felt a slight tingle. Yeah right, Levi thought with a slight chuckle. Mares were so stubborn! Why can’t they just agree and not argue. It did make a comical point and jokes easier, but Levi was in no time to joke. He knew that he had missed out on so much… too much. He needed to get filled in on all of the things that he had missed. Opening his nostrils he flared them giving a grin to make her laugh and know that he did not want to listen to her. He would repay her one day no matter what the cost Levi was certain that he would do anything for Aryel.

"Aw, come on." Her laugh chimed through the air that brought a happy feeling to the situation. "You'd have managed." “Maybe…” Levi said hesitantly. Giving a slight smirk Levi dramatically pretended to where he was before Aryel had found him. Limping and moaning he over dramatically plodded towards her, he staggered his breathing so it seemed as though each breath was a struggle. Draping his body low and sticking his tongue out and closing his silver orbs pretending he was dead, but he couldn’t keep the scene in his mind from laughing. A warm chuckle rose from his vocal chords as he sprang up back in front of Aryel. “Or would have been me ,Ary,” Taking a slight pause the nickname just came out. He liked the sound of it, Ary, it was easier to say. “ but don’t worry it won’t happen again.”

The next thing Levi noticed from after her kissed her was a small bat. Its large concerned eyes scared Levi because he was not expecting to see anything with Aryel. He did not know that she had gotten her companion until she had just told him. A bright grin came to his face as he stretched the tip of his right wing towards Java. “It’s so nice to meet you Java!” Pressing his muzzle to the top of Aryel’s forehead, he stretched his maw out and scooped up Java with the tip of his muzzle. Lifting his head back, he slowly let him glide in between his ears so that he could stand. “Aryel he’s awesome! Congrats on your new companion!” Levi gave a reassuring neigh to Java as he decided to listen more about everything that he missed.

Magic? Aryel had magic to? A grin appeared on his face as he was excited for her. He knew how he felt when he first got his magic. He couldn’t wait to test it out on a spar with her maybe. He always wondered if two horses were to practice magic together if the force would be so strong it could eventually be unbreakable. Sand and fire… what a combination! The reflection of the electric blue glimmered in Levi’s eyes as he watched the amazement happen. She looked beautiful and he eyes drew his fascination in. Her blue roan coat was now tinted with the blue and the pink of her muzzle almost touched his. Watching the blue flame on her hoof, he instantly felt the heat and flinched slightly in pain, but she had quickly extinguished it. His eyes followed the mesmerizing silver design that traveled down her wing. When she was finished she slipped out of his hug. Levi had a look of amusement on his features. Giving a smile now he suddenly clapped his wings together, nodding his square head. “Aryel- t-that was breath-taking and absolutely amazing!” He was so happy for her and really wanted to show her his magic to, but he was too weak right now it would not be a good idea.

After he had listened to everything that she had said he stepped back with astonishment and anger. Apparently he had missed in invasion. What did she mean that Tio would not attack them in the invasion? “What invasion is this Aryel, the one that he threatened to us or a new one? You should not have been with him alone; I saw the way he was looking at you! Aryel I swear he was thinking of either hurting or loving you and he won’t ever get a hoof on you either way!” Just the sound of his name upset Levi. Giving a grunt he was starting to be done with Tio. All of his nonsense was annoying and Levi needed to end him….

“Really?!” Levi looked at her with a huge grin. “This is amazing, now Oras and Lana can be playmates! And I know that you will be a great mother to him... You are his mother now. I will also help you out with anything you need, but uh, I’m probably the one who will be needing the help!” Laughing he smiled at her. He really wanted to nuzzle her again as he enjoyed the feeling that it created, but he felt as though he was being to touchy, if Aryel wanted to go up to him then she would and Levi should give her space now.

"blah blah blah."

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Help. Everyone needed help at some point in their lives; everyone needed protection. In some ways they would receive it traditionally- an extra nudge to help a newborn stand, or a daring leap to take an attack for an innocent. Those were acts of kindness, and the only proof in the darkest times that the beating, mortal heart was more than a tool to keep them walking.

But for what lay ahead, honor and generosity would not be enough. It was rare that the mythical forces of Helovia chose to intervene, but if there was a time to do so, now was as good as any.

It began as a drop of red rain, striking the sand firmly and sinking in between its delicate granules. But one droplet was followed by many more, until the unseen storm began to fall full force upon the pair and the companion. Red drops coated their skin and filled their hair- for a time, it seemed innocent. Perhaps just a beautiful trick of the light and weather.

But when the stench arose and the rain began to fall from the heavens into tongues, nostrils, and dangerously close to eyes- threatening to blind- a sense of the rain's secret began to reveal itself. Soaking the two friends was an endless torrent of blood.

Image Credits

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Convinced Levi was no threat, Java released his grip on the branch and returned to his place between Aryel's ears. He was getting heavier, to be sure, not to mention rougher in his landings. Java squeaked as Levi nudged his muzzle under him and tilted his head, ending up perched on the grullo's forelock. He shifted to a more comfortable position, then set about combing his thumb claws through Levi's mane, nibbling out any bits of dust or debris he found. The sight of the bat flopped over the stallion's head was so ridiculous, Aryel couldn't help the laugh that escaped her muzzle.

She arched her neck proudly as he complimented her magic. "I don't want to brag or anything..." she said, enjoying the praise but deciding the shift the conversation away from her. Levi was alive and back, and that was what mattered. Her ears pricked up at his surprised reaction to her meeting Catallatio. "It's the same one. Come to think of it, aside from that one time in the Threshold, I haven't seen him at all." She shrugged, her wing muscles rolling under her skin and feathers. "Maybe he's dead." In the back of her mind, however, she doubted someone as tenacious as him could be killed so suddenly. His outburst caused her brow to lift, expression becoming less pleasant. "I can take care of myself." she mumbled. "It wasn't like I was out looking for him. And as for getting hooves on me, I highly doubt that would ever be possible. I can fly, and he can't. It's that simple." She neglected to mention that the trees had been so thick where they met that she would have been unable to break the canopy. And the thought of Catallatio doing...that to her was just disgusting. But really, what did she have to fear from a loudmouthed equine? Absolutely nothing.

The conversation became lighter again as she explained about her son, then took yet another nosedive as Levi mentioned Lana. Aryel's face became pained. She hadn't wanted to tell him, not until she could organize the warriors. "Levi...Lana's not here. She was taken hostage in the Aurora Basin I don't know how long ago, along with Athena. I tried to get them out, but I wasn't good enough." Her wounds had begun to heal, but the short, vertical scratch on her neck where D'artagnan's horn had cut her was still faintly visible. "But don't you worry," she said, scowling. "I'm going to be putting together a war party soon. We'll bring them back, one way or another."

And that was when the raindrop fell. Perplexed, Aryel bent her head to examine the scarlet mark on the sand. Her brow furrowed, then relaxed. "There must just be red dust up in the clouds." she chuckled. But when the rain began to fall in earnest, leaving red streaks on their coats and spattering the ground, she became aware of a familiar, metallic smell. "What on Loorien?" she wondered, fear slowly creeping up her spine with cold fingers. As she spoke, a drop landed in her mouth, and her eyes widened. Retching and spitting, she bent her head again and rubbed her knee over her tongue. Sand didn't taste like that. Dreading what she would see, she lifted her head to gape at the red drops cascading from the sky. "Levi..." she quavered, "this isn't rain." Java, having tasted the blood through their bond, shrieked in terror and jumped off Levi's head, thudding onto Aryel's side and clinging with his sharp claws. The terrified bat pushed himself beneath her wing, where he cowered, still holding onto her side like a bat pup would hold onto it's mother. With dismay, Aryel looked at the oasis, now speckled with red. It would be weeks before their water tasted normal again, if it was even drinkable at all now. She quickly made for the shelter of a joshua tree, gesturing with her head for Levi to follow. Where was Oras? Where was Kri? This wasn't natural. This wasn't natural at all.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

"I don't want to brag or anything..." Levi looked at her with a sarcastic grin as he raised his eye brows. “Well you are and its getting really annoying... Just kidding! You’re not bragging, it’s exciting! Trust me I would let you know if you were and you’re not. I am really happy for you and It’s really fascinating.” A laugh escaped his muzzle trying hard not to laugh. Teasing Aryel was so much fun even though she knew how to bite back. That was the fun thing about Aryel was that he could tease her, but she could also tease him and they never got upset at each other. It was all for fun and they both knew that they would never hurt each other’s feeling intentionally. It was all for fun.

“Well I doubt it because he’s too pathetic and he’s waiting for me. He wouldn’t just die without a fight any kind of fight. He thinks he had defeated me, but really I just lost control of my magic.” Looking towards the ground Levi let out a loud snort. Hearing his name brought a disgusting taste to his mouth and dishonor. Aryel seemed to be a bit surprised to what Levi had said about taking care of herself. She seemed to be offended even though Levi did not mean it in that kind of way. Listening to her he kind of felt guilty in a sense. It wasn’t that he knew that she couldn’t fend for herself because he did it was that… Aryel was his best friend and if anything were to happen to her he wouldn’t know what to do. He just got upset because he saw the way Tio looked at her and he didn’t want her to get hurt or anything. She really meant something to Levi and not just anyone means something to him. Only special horses who have earned his full trust and have wanted to become some kind of friend to him, but it wasn’t just that. She would be there for him and more because she was a true friend, a herd mate, a family member, his comfort.

Taking a deep sigh his silver orbs looked into her black ones. “Aryel… please don’t get take it the wrong way. I know that you can take care of yourself, trust me, I am well aware of that. That’s not my point. It’s just,” Levi looked away from her for a moment. He almost couldn’t spit out what he was about to say. He never really told anyone what he was about to say, so it was kind of a big deal to him. “You are my truest and best friend. You know more about me than probably anyone else does. You are always there for me so if you were to get hurt or something… I don’t know what I would do. I can’t even bare the thought. You are the one soul I can trust fully, you honestly have my full trust in you and well you are my family so I feel that I should do anything to protect you because I will always be there for you no matter what.” Looking back into her eyes Levi gave a kind smile. He meant every word he had said whether Aryel believed him or not.

WHAT?! Levi could almost barley breathe. Lana and Athena had been taken hostage. Even though Levi had never met Athena before he knew that she was still a sister, but Lana. How could he let that happen? How? Stomping his foot he gave a loud grunt. His ears were pinned back angrily, but his eyes were filled with worry. “Aryel I can’t believe this… how could this have happened? I-I am a horrible watcher! I let her get out of sight and I should have protected her… And I didn’t” Looking down a tears started to swell in his eyes. Could his day get any worse? He looked away from Aryel because he couldn’t take it. “At least you tried… Thank you.” Suddenly Levi felt little liquid drops falling on his grullo coat. Not even looking up he smelled a weird metallic smell. It was almost as though red bullets were coming down quicker than he could have imagined. Listening to her he quickly glanced at her with a look of concern. She mentioned that this wasn’t rain and she surely was right. This was not rain.

“Aryel… what is this? I think its blood!” Following her, Levi draped his massive wings over Aryel’s head and body as well as Java. Levi hadn’t realized that Java had gone back with Aryel until he saw him clinging to her. “This isn’t normal Aryel, we should alert Kri soon.” Going under the Joshua tree, he blocked Aryel of the blooded rain and he wondered what the hell was going on.

"blah blah blah."

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The blood is in-discriminatory, shedding its red upon all those below. But upon Aryel's flesh, it does something different. First it thickens, congealing as if exposed to venom- then the thickened blood turns to something more solid and concrete. Horrific moments pass, and the blood upon her body turns to strong, leather armor. The hides mold perfectly to the sergeants' svelte figure until she is covered completely in the hide.

In the blood rain, haunting, dying bodies begin to appear around the pair. Their eye sockets empty and bleeding, their coats torn and tattered, together they cry- a chorus of the dead and dying creatures that have fallen. "We have died for your protection," cried over and over in countless different voices, is all that can be made out in the din. The stench of the blood seems to grow stronger; each drop feels hotter and fresher as the spectres of falling prey do their final dance before Aryel and Levi.

And then, just as suddenly as it started, the images fade and the rain of blood lessens to nothing. Each drop of blood turns quickly to water of the utmost purity, casting a beautiful, sparkling image of fresh dew across the Dragon's Throat and blessing the foliage with nourishment. Faint rainbows, reflected off of small pools, form about the pair, and the leather armor about Aryel's form shines in the wet. There is a soft whisper, almost inaudible, and the image of a young fawn in the haze.

"Do not forget us."

As if it were never anything more than a desert mirage, the ghost of the fawn fades into the wind.

[[Congratulations! Aryel is now in possession of leather armor. Please let an admin know its description in the updates board.]]

Image Credits

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre
(This is just a post to ask the admins not to archive this, as I'll be editing in my real post once the armor design is finalized.