the Rift

[OPEN] My dear friend, I've missed you...|| Aryel, Open

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

To her concern, her friend seemed unable to even form a simple sentence. As he mumbled her name and brushed his muzzle against hers, she peered into his eyes, realizing they looked unfocused and blank. His voice was raspy and weak. Combined, the two didn't bode well. She glanced up at the sky, the sun suddenly seeming much less benevolent. She didn't want to believe that she had found him only to lose him from heatstroke. She didn't want Levi to die. The thought was too horrible to comprehend. "Come on." she said, standing next to him and slipping her wing over his back. "We need to get you out of the heat." She began to walk him slowly forward. The oasis wasn't far.

---

Nevertheless, it felt like the walk had taken ages. But at last the oasis had come into view, sparkling merrily in the sun amidst clusters of palms, cacti, flowers, and scrub. Papyrus reeds whispered to themselves in the shallows, and desert melons grew from the moist mud by the water. A small herd of white-coated oryx with brown necks and chests guzzled water on the opposite shore, their horns curving back like lethal scimitars. They watched the horses with bright black eyes, but made no move to leave. Aryel shepherded Levi into the shade of a palm that grew on the shore, and nudged him towards the water. She didn't want to risk pressing him for answers, but curiosity and concern burned inside her. Had someone hurt him? Why had he disappeared? She thought again of Catallatio and his implied threats. Had he and Levi really fought?

Java jumped off her neck, his wings briefly whipping her mane before they bore him aloft into the thick branches of a nearby joshua tree. He hung upside-down, his toe claws gripping the rough, and watched Levi, sharing his bondmate's worry through their link.

(Short post is short.)

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My dear friend, I've missed you...|| Aryel, Open - by Aryel - 03-29-2013, 10:21 AM