the Rift

soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

I was getting better at walking, it was coming naturally to me. Although I did crash down once and a while, I could walk small distances. And I exploring! I loved exploring the beach! I had found some neat things... like this shiny round thing... and a pretty clear bottle. The bottle had smelled somewhat foul, and whatever liquid was inside smelled foul as well. There was a cork lodged in the top, so the liquid couldn't leak out. I had taken the bottle and the coin to a little rocky shelf that had a small entrance. I had put the bottle in the shelf in the way back, and I had made sure the coin was reflecting the sun.

Now I was out trying to find some more things to put in the rocky shelf. I walked around the beach, my nose to the sand. I made sure not to inhale, or else I would have a coughing fit. I glanced at the water, my eyes drifting to the crowd of birds in the sky. They were seagulls, and they were diving down and pecking at some lump. Tilting my head to the side, I wonder what it is. Food, or something special! Like treasure... maybe they want it too. Putting a serious expression on my face, I race to the crowd of birds.

What I find there puts some horrific images and memories in my head. A body, there's a body. A rotting lump of flesh, splayed out in the sunlight. Going to get a closer look, I dip down and sniff it. I choke on the smell, it's horrible scent clinging to my nostrils. Under that rotting smell, I knew the body was mother. here was faded crimson sand and the body was right where I had left it. The tears were already coming, but I forced them away. "Mommeeeee." I mumble, my word dragging on. I look up, watching as the birds begin to fly away. I watch the way they fly, the way they flap their wings.

I muster the strength I have to flex both my wings. They were large compared to my skinny little body, but they looked proportional. I begin to flap them, trying to raise myself into the air. I couldn't do it, it was too hard. Frowning, I try again and again. I feel myself getting lighter, and the ground begins to drift away. Screeching with both surprise, delight, and even a little fear.

A loud shout rang through the air, and I fall back to the ground instantly. I perk my ears, wondering who it was who was calling. Following the shout, I find the bay and white stallion. He had a big white tummy, and he had corks in his mane. I smile, trotting up to him. "Heree!" I say, a small smile upon my little lips. What was his name... wasn't it... um.... Cormair? No... Corman? No... what was it? Drawing the memories from my head, I remember what his name was. Corsair! It was Corsair! Proud of myself, I hear a faint whisper. Good job my little lass. Squealing in surprise, I back away. Who was that? Replaying the words in my head, I recognize the voice almost instantly. Mommeee? Glancing around, I perk my ears. Why could I hear her? I had just seen her body... or was that someone else? Ignoring the thoughts, I turn back to the Captain.

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting - by Corsair - 03-29-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting - by Amara - 03-29-2013, 07:44 AM
RE: soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting - by Vicer - 03-29-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting - by Cosette - 03-30-2013, 02:43 AM
RE: soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting - by Cormac - 03-31-2013, 12:39 AM
RE: soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting - by Naeatii - 03-31-2013, 01:33 PM
RE: soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting - by Selene - 04-01-2013, 05:39 PM
RE: soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting - by Lythe - 04-01-2013, 08:04 PM
RE: soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting - by Jack - 04-02-2013, 11:28 PM