the Rift

soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting

Corsair Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The first to arrive was little Amara, daughter of Alvilda, the mare who had unfortunately died during childbirth. It was a heart breaking event that weighed heavily on the Captain's shoulders, though he knew there was nothing they could've done to help her. Vicer, the little spotted filly's father, came up to stand by his child's side. Corsair gave them both a smile as more of the Pirates flocked to the meeting.

Cosette, the Captain's faithful mate, came to whisper good luck. Her belly was large and round, full with their foal, but she was no less beautiful than the day he had first met her. "Thank ye," Corsair murmured soft enough so only she could hear the soft words. She moved on to offer Amara a meal, so Corsair took advantage of the time without her to nod and smile to the rest of the crew members.

Cormac, the founder of the Pirates, made an appearance as well. The Captain was happy to see him back, but at the same time, curious about why he had left in the first place, angry almost. No one abandons his Pirates like that; if they are anything other than liars, cheaters, and drunks, they were family.

Next to come were the two newest recruits, Selene and Naeatii. Selene especially caught his eye, the way her ashen feathers shimmered so perfectly against her red body, it was hard as hell for the Captain not to flirt with her. Naeatii was her usual bubbly self, but she had seemed to take on a Pirate accent. He shot her a proud looking beam, happy to see her fitting in so well with the gang.

And then something truly unexpected happened.

A new horse trotted up the group without saying a word, simply slipping in as if he was one of them. Corsair furrowed his brow in confusion, watching the movements of this newcomer. He had the nerve to talk to a filly, but not just any filly, it was Amara. She a special member of the Pirates, cherished by all, and this stallion had no right to talk to her without the consent of Vicer and Corsair. "'Scuse me, lad," Corsair began, his tone more cold than his usual warm vocals, "If ye absolutely must talk to one of us, let it be me. That filly is not t' be even looked at unless ye be a trusted member of t' Pirates, and sadly, ye is not. Stay if ye wish to become one of us, but if not, then get away from that filly."

Corsair turned away from the new stallion with a flick of his skunk-like tail, leaving the 'getting-rid-of-him' part to anyone who would wish to chase him off. He had more important matters to discuss with the Pirates and was in no mood to get distracted at the moment, he barely even noticed Jack arrive. "Thank ye all for coming. We have much to discuss. As ye know, we had a plan to invade the Foothills with the help of the Aurora Basin. Sadly, that is no longer a liable thing to do since that land has already been invaded. I would think it rude in me mind to take the Foothills from such new leads before they've even gotten to taste a drop of power.

"It is too soon to be thinking of invasion with our numbers so few. I would like to see us increase by four or five members before we start thinking making alliances and invading a herd land, so I encourage ye all to be active in the Threshold," Corsair announced, his voice thick with it's warm tone once again and eyes bright as he talked of the future. But he wasn't done. "I have also decided that Jack should fill the position of Swashbuckler within the band. He be a great asset to the group, follow his instructions well," the Captain smiled, winking at his new Swashbuckler.

"Now, everyone, say hello to our newest members, Selene, Naeatii, and Amara!" Corsair said proudly, his eyes landing on each member as he gave them a nod of encouragement.

That had been all Corsair wanted to say, but he felt it was something that all the ears of the Pirates needed to hear.

"talk talk talk"

[Image: 50f03b5b5d58d]

Messages In This Thread
soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting - by Corsair - 03-29-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting - by Vicer - 03-29-2013, 09:49 PM
RE: soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting - by Cosette - 03-30-2013, 02:43 AM
RE: soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting - by Cormac - 03-31-2013, 12:39 AM
RE: soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting - by Naeatii - 03-31-2013, 01:33 PM
RE: soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting - by Selene - 04-01-2013, 05:39 PM
RE: soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting - by Lythe - 04-01-2013, 08:04 PM
RE: soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting - by Jack - 04-02-2013, 11:28 PM
RE: soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting - by Corsair - 04-03-2013, 07:14 PM