the Rift

Is satan still laughing? (Challenging//Crash)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

He could have fallen. He could have ran. A billion of things could have been done, but alas. My foe did nothing that proved anything beyond his thick skull was active. Perhaps his brain had turned to mush after being rattled a little? But what was going on behind his skin and bone was the least of my concerns, somehow my sword had missed its mark entirely. Not even a drop of his blood flecked the blade; which again was very surprising and a little disappointing. He had moved much quicker than anticipated, and despite my care the Gyspy was able to shift just enough so that the wind was what took a cutting. Fina had better luck, she viciously scraped along his right side. Digging in with razor sharp talons. I couldn’t see the damage she dealt; but the air was suddenly thick with the smell of burnt flesh. His shriek of agony also helped pinpoint that her attack had bleed fruit.

Fina pulled away after striking, her wings working hard to get up and out. I intended to follow that same movement, pushing to get past the patched brute before he could retaliate. Up and away, I angled toward heaven and thrust hard in the down stroke. Apparently I was to again be bested by his impressive agility though. Somewhere along the way the bully had risen up with a shocking rate of recovery, his silver tinted horn was turned toward the fleshy part of my armored hindquarter because the front half of my body had just flown past. As the last part of my rear angled down with the front half of my body reaching for the sky, I could feel the sweet wasp sting of his horn against my buttock. It pierced the meaty flesh about a half inch and scraped downward about two or so inches before it was pulled out of reach by my speeding self.

It was impressive that he was able to mark me. Two battles I had been in and not once had my quarters received so much as a scratch from horns. At least no poison dripped from the tip, the wound was merely an annoyance currently, one that was going to receive quick vengeance. Rising even higher into the cloudy mist I directed Fina away, positioning her far from our fray so that she couldn’t get hurt. Her young mind was still immature and though an attack had fallen successful, our element of surprise was ruined. I wouldn’t have her bleeding because of this fool.

Higher still I rose, my wings working to pull their master into the clouds. Up and down I stroked until he had become nearly invisible because of the mist. Using what concealment clouds could offer I banked hard and circled. My shadow flicked in and out on the ground, it was broken by patched sunlight that tried vainly to break through thicker fog up high. I circled once more and then did something that sent a thrill coursing through me despite the seriousness of the situation.

My wings tucked about halfway and I fell forward into a dive like a graceful flying rock. Now, if I had planned this carefully enough—this all would come as a surprise. Streaking toward his back from the rear, I used a technique that had been successful in the recent invasion. My forehooves extend while feathers thrust out to slow my approach. Heavy wings beat hard to keep my weight afloat. Failing limbs tensed, striking out when his spine and neck came into reach, I attempted to almost dance upon his shoulders with all daggers pointed down to deal as much damage as possible. This attack would only take a moment and then I planned on sailing back up hopefully out of his reach.

Round:: (4/4)

Word count:: 636

Magic/ Companion uses:: (2/2)

Buffs:: Endure + Swift

Summary:: Fly's straight up into the sky, Midas tries to conceal himself while he circles. Dives down from behind Crash and attempts to strike Crash's spine /neck with his forehooves and backhooves pointed down and failing.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is satan still laughing? (Challenging//Crash) - by Midas - 04-11-2013, 12:20 PM