the Rift

[OPEN] lives swallowed [Azzaron/Open]

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark

Earlier

I had taken a nice stroll along the edge of the Steppe. I had been tempted to go and see Delinne, but it would give me, and her, more trouble. In fact, I was getting skinnier, I still had muscle, but I was thin. I hadn't been eating as much as I should've, and it was causing me to feel nauseous. My knees would shake uncontrollably, and I'd feel dizzy. I was eating again, so my nausea was fading, but I would still stumble once and a while. Walking in the Steppe was worse, the chilling air had sunk into my skin and made me freeze from wing tip to tail tip. I had burned a dying tree to keep myself warm, and I had zoned out while staring into the flames. I had thought about Delinne, the mare I had once loved. The mare who had walked away from me, taking my heart with her. I had thought about teaching Destry more about how to fly, how to fight for what's right. Which, is leaving the Basin and living with me. Maybe if I got Destry to understand... Delinne would have to follow her own daughter, right? I pulled myself out of my thoughts to see a long, blue tipped horn held to my throat.

Present

And that, is how I came to be here, walking towards the Basin with a horn to my throat. We reached the Basin slowly, and I had only gotten one good look at the stallion. He had vibrant blue eyes, a dark gray coat and a lion tail. All I could do was stare with fiery orbs, waiting for the stallion to move his horn away so I could fly away. I was tense, I was ready to outstretch my wings and fly. Could I get out of here now? I disliked being in the Basin, the smell of unicorns seemed so foul in my mind. Except for Delinne's smell... but how could I smell her? I was no hound, nor did I have the best nose around.

My name is spoken from the strangers' lips. Tilting my head just slightly, I gaze at him. "Yes?" I stare at him for a while, wishing to burn him. But... I wanted to hear why he wanted me first. I felt like asking now, but I decided I would see. Standing there in the cold, my eyes drifting to the icy ground, I felt out of place. Maybe because I was surrounded by unicorns? Shifting my wings slightly, I prepare myself to run. Muscles tense and ears flicked back, I waited for the stallion to let me go. At the last moment, I relax. I would leave after I had seen Delinne. Which will hopefully be soon.

[[Heather and I have discussed how Deimos brought Azzaron to the Basin, so hopefully it's okay I said that he was keeping his horn to Azzaron's throat. ^^ If not I can change it!]]

"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Messages In This Thread
lives swallowed [Azzaron/Open] - by Deimos - 03-30-2013, 12:54 PM
RE: lives swallowed [Azzaron/Open] - by Azzaron - 04-02-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: lives swallowed [Azzaron/Open] - by Delinne - 04-03-2013, 01:08 PM