the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] ...What? [Time God/Open]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia could almost feel the boredom rolling off of him in waves, and she glared brightly through her dual colored eyes. His electric gaze moved this way and that as if he had better things to be doing, and she could feel the muscles beneath her pale skin tense on instinct. Ophelia spoke her thoughts aloud instead of asking him directly, knowing that her thought process was important. Futhermore, she simply could not be pregnant since she had not been with a stallion in that way. It simply was not possible. Biology did not work that way.

Except for diving intervention.

Fuck.

As he spoke, she swallowed hard. He was right. The God of the Sun had held her memories. What promise did she have that he would have given them back? Ophelia had acted on faith to a god who had abandoned her. She had blindly trusted the light to take care of what she held dear, and what had happened? Not only did he cast her aside, denying to see her ever again, but he witheld the most important memory she had made. As her eyes glazed over and a thick weight crushed against her lungs, she received no sympathy. The cold boredom in his eyes merely served to increase the emotion response that she could not bear to hold only in her mind.

"You are pregnant." Ophelia struggled to breath, and she felt her joints lock to keep her upright. Her gaze sought anything in the winter expanse of night that would help her, hold her up, lend her assistance, anything. Nothing. The only other living thing here besides herself was the one who impregnated her, and she could not bear to look into those eyes only to see ice.

Ophelia vacillated between fury at the gods, depression at her state, and joy that only a future mother could feel in the worst of times. She could hardly keep her feelings straight, and they clashed inside of her, rendering her lost. Completely lost. She snorted as he offered to share the memory again, a bitter grimace on her lips tinted by rage that fumed in her eyes. Ophelia let the rage take control (it was easier and much less painful), and she pinned her ears back tightly against her skull.

"You should have told me earlier!" Ophelia barked angrily. "You are the God of Fucking Time. Were you not able to come down to the mortal world for five minutes when my memories returned to tell me that I was pregnant?!" Ophelia tossed her head in the air, cloven hooves stamping at the snow such was her anger. "I fought in a war! I endangered the child who is trying to grow inside of me - your child. Did that not occur to you?"

Did she want to remember? Maybe the Sun God was right, in a sense. Some memories were better forgotten, better left out of her mind that would take hold of it forever. "Keep your damn memory," she snapped, though her shield of rage was cracking. "I have no interest in remembering my weakness with a god who does not care."

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
...What? [Time God/Open] - by Ophelia - 03-30-2013, 01:04 PM
RE: ...What? [Time God/Open] - by Ophelia - 04-02-2013, 12:36 PM
RE: ...What? [Time God/Open] - by Ophelia - 04-03-2013, 06:47 PM
RE: ...What? [Time God/Open] - by Ophelia - 04-04-2013, 01:01 PM
RE: ...What? [Time God/Open] - by Ophelia - 04-07-2013, 01:38 PM
RE: ...What? [Time God/Open] - by Ophelia - 04-09-2013, 09:01 PM