the Rift

[OPEN] Restless [Midas, Open]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Your heart strikes the gold in me
It wasn’t often in life that one found a true brother. My parents hadn’t lived long enough to grant me blood siblings, which was unfortunate. But it also was a valuable lesson in humbleness, charity and fortune. I was in agreement that our friendship was a refreshing breath. I couldn’t always go to my father’s shrine whenever the trials grew too hard to bear. No. I had to rely on the wisdom of family and friends. Some were relied upon more than others. Apollo’s smile was reflected across a similar dark face, he willingly stretched to greet me as brother. At home I was a General, blessed with title and power—but out here among the wild things, I was nothing more than myself.

"I've been better, my dear friend," I frown, had something happened? Though I pull away my eyes are staring attentively into his crystal like stare. My patience wasn’t meant to be rewarded yet, he moves past concerns and turns questions to me. “How are you?"

How was I? Truthfully. Better, I decided.

"Have you and your family in the Throat been well since the day of the invasion?"

Quietly I murmur indifferently, “Same day to day work, the idle threat of a brash fool have proven to be false. Frostfall is nipping our heels and he has yet to show himself….beyond that, my son just learned to fly and our Sultana’s have decided to construct a wall.” My lips curl upward to show that I found the wall to be rather humorous, “Also, Ophelia informed us that a few of those, ‘Assassins’ are in your mist?” I still hadn’t gotten the chance to meet these creatures personally; while we were sharing gossip like a bunch of chattering mares perhaps Apollo would open up.

"I was finding it hard to sleep, and so I decided to come up here for a walk to help clear my mind... I'm glad that you showed up; a moonlight stroll is always better with a friend."

A rich chuckle climbs its way up and past my lips, “Hopefully I won’t make you regret my company.” Moving beside him, I add with light humorous notes, “Shall we talk and walk then? You could spill your worries upon the ground along the way?” Gently I nudge his shoulder with the butt of my snout, encouraging him as one would pat a fellow on the back.

Credits

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Restless [Midas, Open] - by Apollo - 03-30-2013, 03:04 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Midas - 04-04-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Apollo - 04-14-2013, 10:06 AM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Midas - 04-16-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Random Event - 04-20-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Apollo - 04-20-2013, 01:21 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Midas - 04-21-2013, 01:33 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Random Event - 04-22-2013, 12:30 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Apollo - 04-23-2013, 07:58 PM