the Rift

[OPEN] Restless [Midas, Open]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
Dark ears flicked forward in the bright moonlight, intaking the sound of a friend as words filtered through the air. Apollo knew nothing of the threat that had been proclaimed upon the Dragon's Throat, nor of the fool who had spoken them so brashly. That was unknown to him, but knowing that the plan had failed filled the monochromatic stallion with relief. An attack upon his dearest friend's homeland would be something that he would prefer to not hear about...

"A wall?" Apollo questioned, unable to help himself once the words were murmured from Midas' lips. "I see..." Why, that sounded like what the Mason's of the Grey had been planning. While in times of war it sounded like a good idea, the peace-loving unicorn wasn't sure how he felt about it. Would such a structure make them seem unwelcoming? They were the Grey, yes, but... With a brief shake of his head to show he shared his brother's sentiment regarding the idea of a wall, he let the idea go, especially when Midas brought up the details of Ophelia's visit to the Dragon's Throat.

"Yes, 'Assassins'," Apollo confirmed, disgust clear in his voice. He did not care for Tonka, who was currently a prisoner in their midst, or any of his kin. As far as the Paint was concerned, these Assasssins were Grey-wannabes; mercenaries for the right price but without competitent leaders, or competitent members. Hopefully Ophelia's plight to the other herdlands would inform everyone of this new group's existance, and in turn, they could nip the threat in the bud before it blossomed into something more.

"They're a pathetic bunch, if you ask me. We have one of their members as our prisoner right now, and he's nothing more than an arrogant fool. No one's come for him; I don't believe that anyone will. Obviously they have no family values." Here, he paused, a contemplative frown marring his lips. "I would hate to be a part of that; a group with brother's in arms who would leave me in the hands of an enemy. I'm fortunate that I have found a reliant position with the Grey."

Apollo's soft, honey-brown orbs stayed on Midas' frame as the two-toned Pegasus moved to stand next to his side, and then in a friendly kind of display, bumped his snout into the unicorn's shoulder. A chuckle escaped his maw, a deep, resonating sound of mirth, and he gave a dip of his jeweled head in agreement.

"Your company will be most welcome, my dear friend. Probably more welcome than you realize." With that, Apollo took the first steps of their late night stroll, his eyes darting from the painted form of the General to the path before them. The breeze blew, teasing the long, waving strands of grass that brushed against his legs. Why did he never come to this place before? It was peaceful and beautiful, especially in the moonlight... Idly Apollo wondered if it would be as peaceful if Midas hadn't joined him. Probably not.

"Midas," Apollo questioned abruptly, after silence had reigned supreme between them. He had been chewing this over in his head, uncertain of just how to word what he wanted to say... Eventually he decided to just spit it out; Midas was his friend. Apollo knew he wouldn't be judged. "Have you ever loved someone, but not been loved in return?"

Why, didn't he just sound like a love-struck mare?

He went on to ask more, mouth opening, but the most bizarre of shapes seemed to manifest itself in front of them, creeping forward through the darkness. Fear immediately embedded itself in Apollo's breast, his past fears of creatures lurking in the dancing darkness snapping his head to attention. Nostrils widened and flared, snorting the air as one would do when spotting an intruder... Yet the more that Apollo's eyes lingered on this approaching creature, the Earth Medic found his fear turning to genuine curiosity.

What kind of strange creature was this?

Turning his head, Apollo went to exchange a brief, uncertain look with Midas, curious to see if perhaps the good General knew this individual. Looking back to the approaching stag, Apollo dipped his head lower, honey-brown eyes lingering on this newcomer. Gentle eyes roamed over the stoic, aged face, and the branch-like horn that protruded from his cranium. Briefly, memories of the phantom stag Apollo had met in the forest came to mind, but no... This wasn't the same creature, he realized with mild disappointment.

'Excuse me, brothers. Might I trouble you for your aid?'

Ears flicked forward once more, listening to the stranger as he spoke. There was something odd about his vocals, but not entirely unpleasant. Looking once more to Midas, as if searching for some kind of confirmation, the Earth Medic looked back to the winged-stag and spoke.

"What can we help you with, kind sir?"

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Restless [Midas, Open] - by Apollo - 03-30-2013, 03:04 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Midas - 04-04-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Apollo - 04-14-2013, 10:06 AM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Midas - 04-16-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Random Event - 04-20-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Apollo - 04-20-2013, 01:21 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Midas - 04-21-2013, 01:33 PM