the Rift

[OPEN] Restless [Midas, Open]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Your heart strikes the gold in me
Apollo didn’t seem like one that favored games involving the scorn of others; so it stood to reason that when he frowned with remembrance to the Assassins, I responded likewise. Breeding idiots were often the worst kind, their sperm traveled quickly; and the tongues of their offspring grew sharp….oh how they waggled. My mind returned to a fool who fit this category during our attack on the Foothills. His larger, nameless frame, was not what made the strongest mark upon my mind—instead it had been his careless words that imprinted upon me. If I recall, my intent during the time of his ‘speech’ had been to fill those lapping jaws with sand. But no mater. It was over now, the fool soundly lashed to heel.

My friend speaks at length of their lack in strength and loyalty. Despite knowing that all flies would have to be removed from the ointment, before infection set it; I feel a small surprising trace of pity, mostly because those captive beasts would never understand the firm brotherhood of a clan nor of true friends. Softly I reply, You have brothers in high places. I would see you freed if somehow your clan failed to complete the task itself.” Apollo was one of my closer relations, and a good ally. I didn’t want him to come to harm any more than I wanted my own child to fall prey.

"Your company will be most welcome, my dear friend. Probably more welcome than you realize."

Lips curve into a wider smile. The heavens had indeed seen fit to bless us with honorable companionship. We make it a short ways, wrapped up in our own thoughts. Mine are lingering upon the troubled soul beside me, though you wouldn’t know it by appearance. Head is lax, fallen to half-mast and held with calm position. Ears are pressed a little forward and face is totally smoothed into a relaxed line. A mentor, a brother, waiting calmly for him to either share or take relish in the quiet peace of a moonlit stroll. I knew that Apollo would do the same for me, had our positions became reversed.

“Midas,” He finally says, and though we keep moving that same easy going pace my closest ear swivels a little to one side, listening for more words to follow my name. Sure enough they come, “Have you ever loved someone, but not been loved in return?” I didn’t chuckle or laugh at his confession, but the simply line that had fallen across my muzzle while we walked flicked upright at one corner. He spoke more honestly then even I.

Jaws part to speak, I even manage to suck in a breath of air for words when suddenly something flickers ahead. My eyes were still faced toward the front so I noticed the shimmering almost instantly. Peddling limbs stopped their motion altogether. Drawing up I stand beside my brother as the form manifests into something more tangible. There is no thick mist tonight, yet our new arrival seemed to creep in on the belly of clouded. Only willing itself to take form for some purpose or another….perhaps even a game.

I blink, an outward sign of confusion. The tips of my wings flare outward a little in readiness, head is lifted to gain better vantage of what approached. Ears are pressed forward, and when Apollo shifts his eyes to me I turn a little to meet them. Neither of us knew what came, that much was obvious. We glance back to the magical being, both wary and unsure. Something about this entity set my hair to rise.

A unicorn perhaps? My eyes spot a horn and some sort of webbing across his shoulders. Appearing as a glimmering set of wings. Yet, this creature was not of our kind. He took on the likeness of an elder stag, graced with age and wisdom. I am reminded of my lord for a moment, the branch and earthlike features seemingly marking him as a servant to my worshiped one. My head drifts lower in a show of respect as our company approaches, beside me I feel Apollo do the same.

Somehow I felt now…..that no harm would come to us.

"Excuse me, brothers. Might I trouble you for your aid?"

I meet my brother’s eyes before he turns to greet the stag first, "What can we help you with, kind sir?" Turning my face to the ancient one, no words are necessary to add towards what Apollo had just said. I merely nod, willing to aid this venture however I can.

Credits

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Restless [Midas, Open] - by Apollo - 03-30-2013, 03:04 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Midas - 04-04-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Apollo - 04-14-2013, 10:06 AM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Midas - 04-16-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Random Event - 04-20-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Apollo - 04-20-2013, 01:21 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Midas - 04-21-2013, 01:33 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Random Event - 04-22-2013, 12:30 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Apollo - 04-23-2013, 07:58 PM