the Rift

[OPEN] Restless [Midas, Open]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Your heart strikes the gold in me

"My child has fallen ill, you see, and the trees have told me of your kin's abilities to heal."

He speaks to Apollo, referring to some magical healing qualities that my dear friend must possess, though I have yet to witness such myself. My war brother remains silent, though out of the corner of my vision I can see a frown form upon his jaw. "And you, winged brother, that fire bird, do the flames burn enough to light torches?" The stage speaks again, this time addressing me as brother for the second time this evening—though to me it would seem more appropriate for my title to be son> and his to be father. The act of brother seems almost ridiculous considering his obvious age. Surely this was a servant of my high lord?

My deity questions of origin would have to be saved for later. If what this man spoke was true--a child was hanging in the balance. The thought made my heart quicken in tight anticipation and dread, I had seen far too many wounded youths in a short life here. It wouldn’t be so bad had each not whelped a special spot in this heart.

I hold my tongue yet still, being careful to remain humble and not over curious in outward expression. He calls for the use of a certain companion we both knew I possessed….yet it would remain a mystery of how he knew.

Obediently I called out to that particular bird, through a mind bond we both share. Softly I say, "Wake child…..I need you.” My tone is gentle and she wakes, spreading wing to travel to us from the lower lands below. She didn’t favor the meadow tonight and had stayed below the mountain to catch up on some much needed beauty sleep—since it was apparent that I wouldn’t be settled for many hours.

Apollo responds and turns me too expectantly, I glance at him and offer them both a half smile, “We will aid you in whatever way we can.” It was an honest response and my friend was right to gaze at me with eyes brimming with that look of knowing. He knew I couldn’t turn down a chance to help anyone. No matter who they were.

Seconds trickle by, Fina was small and swift of wing; yet it takes time to climb a mountain. She arrives as a bright beacon shinning against a dark backdrop that is heaven. Her body a fiery blaze. She cries out, loudly, as if her appearance wasn’t enough to take note of. I sigh, but hold back any flecks of annoyance as the pyro child comes to land across my hip. Talons brushed flesh gently instead of grasping like they usually did. Curiously her blue eyes travel to Apollo but quickly fall toward our strange company. I feel her questions travel the length of the bond, “I need your help tonight.”

“Lead the way friend.”
Credits

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Restless [Midas, Open] - by Apollo - 03-30-2013, 03:04 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Midas - 04-04-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Apollo - 04-14-2013, 10:06 AM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Midas - 04-16-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Random Event - 04-20-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Apollo - 04-20-2013, 01:21 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Midas - 04-21-2013, 01:33 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Random Event - 04-22-2013, 12:30 PM