the Rift

[OPEN] Restless [Midas, Open]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Your heart strikes the gold in me
I was still trying to wrap my mind around who this ancient creature was. The more I thought about it though, the more I realized that my questions really didn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. It was better to enjoy the ride rather than sour an interesting mood with mortal brooding. So, instead of filling his pricked deer ears with words, I choose to watch calmly when the stag pressed forward.

Smooth as water, he moved past us; heading toward wherever it was we are going and addressing us with directions to follow. Apollo turned to tag along and I did the same, walking a little behind the duo. Eventually we ran out of earth, only the sky remained and it dawned on me that he was leading our small company straight for the dropoff. Which that would have been all good and well, had everyone within the group controlled the gift of flight; but what about my unicorn friend who was currently wingless? Unless of course there was a talent that would manifest the ability to soar; this patched Overo was grounded.

Our leader paused and so did we, my wings expectantly unfurled about a foot; readying for takeoff. Curious now, I couldn’t wait to see how the stag would create lift for our dear brother—who’s healing talents he surely needed. Sadly, feathers did not sprout from his shoulders, nor did jets of air suddenly send Apollo to meet heaven’s grand display of diamonds. A thin film of gold grew along the buck’s web like wings—it spread out like my magical dust storms often did. But instead of scattering to the wind, a shape began to form, as did the strange gruff sound coming from our mythical friend. The end result was a magical pathway.

"Follow me, brothers."

Fina snickered and rose from my shoulders to hover with smooth beats just slightly up and in front of my face. Her icy eyes where upon me, an image followed through our bond; an image of myself with pools that appeared much too large for my bowed facade. Apparently when watching a root like path magically appear—my eyes got really big. We descended without question, the buck, the painted stallion, and myself. An ethereal light emitted from the stag to guide Apollo, while I followed Fina’s flames with ginger steps.

How long we walked? A few moments? A few hours? It was long enough for any amount of hesitation or fear to vanish, and instead I was forced to focus on the sound of ticking hooves. I wasn’t sure when we arrived—eventually though the ancient one paused. A door barred our way. That low rasping came again, this time instead of a path emerging—the door disappeared, and ahead was a whole new plane of existence. Apollo was the first through and I was close at heel, with the stag to follow last.

This place was dark. As if the light from heaven had been snuffed out by a great wind. The only source of illuminate was a faint silver glow that seemed to be coming from the nearby trees—or at least I thought they were trees. Surely, my eyes had never witnessed such timbers. Fina flies up a little, casting her bright fire across Apollo’s back and showing us the path we had to take. Fascination kept fear of the unknown at bay; I wasn’t certain which emotion made my heart thunder beneath chest. Ivory feathers tightened themselves against my sides protectively.

The creature led us to our patient’s side. A red child that wasn’t equine, deer or of any other hooved animal. It was a rabbit, an unusual bunny with tiny antlers sprouting from its skull—but still a bunny. "A poison has reached her body.” Poison? I stiffened at the word; remembering how venom had almost taken the life of my child. Apollo shuffled forward to help, Fina was close behind; her concern fluttering in and fire rising to give him as much light as possible.

Credits

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Restless [Midas, Open] - by Apollo - 03-30-2013, 03:04 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Midas - 04-04-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Apollo - 04-14-2013, 10:06 AM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Midas - 04-16-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Random Event - 04-20-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Apollo - 04-20-2013, 01:21 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Midas - 04-21-2013, 01:33 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Random Event - 04-22-2013, 12:30 PM
RE: Restless [Midas, Open] - by Apollo - 04-23-2013, 07:58 PM