Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

TARES
</style>
Do you wanna see how much I can take?   
Can't you just leave bad enough alone?
</style>

I had not waited for the rise of the sun to travel. At the first sign of the wretched beacon's descent towards the horizon, I had set off for shadow and respite. Like Onni I had landed before the forest not thinking of its dangers. In fact, it had reminded me of home and my days as a scholar in the Woodlands herd under Roanne and Evangeline. But I had not wandered and reminisced, I had come to the forest for rest and an escape from the heat of the open Throat.

A late night, disturbed by the noises of the forest and Arbutus' nervous chatter as he flitted from tree to tree, has left me weary. Recalling the previous night, and those before, leaves me feeling numb and fearful of the day. Arbutus, now at last settled but still wary of the surroundings, settles delicately upon my shoulder, occasionally calling out into the trees. He sets himself aflame and lights my path through the dark woods, directing me with little chirps and calls as we walk together. He seems to have a natural instinct for directions, and though I don't know where he is leading me to, I'm not one to distrust him, especially not now.

My hooves cut into the dry earth as my mind wanders back to Aure and our night in the cave- what am I to do with her, with myself? even my walk conveys that I am troubled, and if any creature gets close enough, they'll see the concern wrinkle my brow and plague my eyes. My tail waves behind, catching against tree limbs and dead leaves that barely cling to them, making my step loud and easily detectable.

It is quite some time walking through the dark before I see the mare. I recognize her instantly, and my pace increases as I approach her from behind. Even with Arbutus' flame my black coat blends into the surroundings, and it is only the faint bob of my white horn that easily tells of my location. I approach without caution, never thinking that the mare would be so on egde as to strike out.

[[Thanks Boom! I have a few questions though-
Given that they're under heavy tree covering and the wind is hard to fly on, will this be a primarily grounded fight?
Would you mind making it an OOC teaching spar?
Do you want rping before/after?]]

image by vinothchandar @ flickr.com</style>

Messages In This Thread
RE: you fell down, so get back up kid. [open] - by Tares - 07-22-2012, 11:38 AM