the Rift

Trouble in the making [Any herd]

Matata Posts: 15
Banned
Colt :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 2
Bear

MATATA
A bad boy at heart

The colt snorted with his ears flat back against his neck as he trotted with his neck arched though the forest. Each hoof slapped down on the ground with a thud as he angrily made his way though the forest, barging past the tree's as he went and caring for the brightly colored flowers he killed. A tight rope was round the handsome colt neck, pressing against his skin and that was what had fueled his anger. Some idiots had tried to capture him for there stupid stables or what ever and Matata was not happy about it. Yes he was handsome, he new that, but he did not take kindly too two-legged's trying to snatch him away from the wild and leaving a tight rope round his neck.

He throws back his head as he comes to a tree and works on loosing the rope round his neck by wiggling and breathing heavily, making his neck expand slightly then relax. It loosened a bit but it still wasn't of and the colt was becoming more annoyed by the second. Eventually the colt threw his head down, between his front legs and behind the rope and tried to drag it down his neck, which still didn't work. Matata was now worked up completely and snorted as he lifted his head back up. "Why won't this stupid thing come of!"

The sun was beating down on his snowy white back, making each attempt to get the rope of harder and harder. If only someone else was here to help get it of with out Matata becoming more stressed out then maybe he would stop getting so hot and so bothered about it but then, Matata wasn't one to ask for help or any sort. His front hoofs slam down on the ground again as it appeared he had done a mini rear. He eventually gives up though and sights deeply, looking round at the land around him which was full of light and greenery.

"blah blah blah."

Vicer Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

(The Pirates are just an Outcast band, but I think Matata could fit in well with them.)

He had to get away from the ocean for a while.

Being on the shore brought back memories of his Alvilda, the spotted bay pegasus that had plundered his heart like a true Pirate would.

And now she was gone. Forever.

Leaving his daughter Amara in the care of Cosette, the chestnut pirate had taken off at a mad gallop away from the beach, trying to clear his mind. The hurt was only just beginning to fade, but he doubted he would ever fully recover. It was amazing how much he could miss a mare he had only just met. It was amazing how much it could hurt to have her ripped away.

His hooves finally slowed in the outskirts of the Threshold. His chestnut sides heaving, he surveyed the treeline. The shadows beckoned to him, promising respite from the heat. With a sigh, he plodded into the woods.

He had only been travelling for a few minutes when a voice drew his attention. Ears pricking interestedly, he continued to stride forward, scanning the trees for the source of the angry voice. What he saw brought a grin to his face for the first time in days. A pegasus colt, still gangly with youth, had a rope around his neck and was unsuccessfully trying to pull it off. The equine stood for a moment, simply observing with an amused look in his eye. Finally, he decided to speak. "Need some help there?" At the same time, he was sizing up the kid. The Pirates could always use more members.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

Pirates</style>
Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.</style>

Image Credits

Cormac Posts: N/A
Unregistered

C O R M A C

Cormac had just about had enough of this beautiful day that was full of sunshine and greenery. He had come to the Threshold in search of potential pirates, but had not realized how damnably hard that would be without his hearing. While he could see and smell just fine he had to work in long time consuming circles just to track down one scent and by the time he found the newcomer they were already on their way to join another herd. It was absolutely infuriating!

Frustrated with himself and not a little with the God of Earth, Cormac raked his harks down the side of a thick pine with jagged bark that opened up multiple scratches on both his ears and his neck. However instead of calming him down, Cormac starts to panic at the all to familiar sensation of not knowing how badly he has hurt himself this time. It was at times a blessing and others a curse not to be able to feel physical pain. He might have done real damage to his ears that will cause his permanent deafness even after he finishes this idiotic task. His heart pounding against his muscular chest, Cormac inhaled deeply several times, trying to get a grip on himself. Feeling his muscles relax as he regained control, Cormac started making his way towards where he knew to be a small pond that he could clean himself up at and see how bad the damage was.

However, before he could reach the water the salty scent of a pirate crossed his nares. Smiling with the rowdy smirk that he always wore around the rest of the crew, Cormac angled slightly off his path to search for the stallion. As he got closer, the sooty bay stallion distinguished Vicer's scent along with another unknown stag. Although he didn't know Vicer as well as the other pirates, he was aware of the stallion's loss and did his best to give him the space he needed.

When he came upon the two of them, a small chuckle escaped his lips as he observed the white colt who was trying unsuccessfully to get rid of the rope attached to his neck. "Hey there Vicer! Who's your friend?" A cocky smile lit upon his maw as he trotted forward, making sure that he stopped far enough away to be able to read both of their lips if they started talking. He was getting better at lip reading, but it could be a bit spotty at times. "The name's Cormac, nice to meet you."

"then this is what I say"

It's a pirate's life for me

Banned
Bear

MATATA
A bad boy at heart

Soon after the colt's failed attempts others started to arrive. The foal pricked his ears in curiosity, forgetting the rope round his neck for a bit. A stallion emerged from the greenery, not much older then himself but older all the same. He was a vivid red with white markings. "Need some help there?" There was a amused look in the stallions eye that Matata did not take well to but before he could speak he was interrupted by another voice.

The next horse that came into the area was also with wings or a horn and was a dark bay, decorated with scars all over his body. Matata hadn't got ay scars ad he didn't want to have any ever. His coat was perfect and it would of been such a shame to ruin his sleek white pelt. This one named himself as well as naming the chestnut. His ears were not pinned back any more, instead they were slightly forward.

"Matata. Now are you two gonna stand there or are you gonna help me get this rope of?" Confidence ran though his words and yet again he tried to get the rope of from round his neck. He had his neck between his front legs and he pulled away from himself. When he lifted his head back up the rope was kind of off. Half of it was in front of his ear and the other half behind it. It was loose though and with aid it could be pulled of. He snorted again, flicking his forelock out his eyes, with a face that could easily amuse.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

At the sound of a familiar voice, Vicer turned and grinned. His former captain had joined them. "Good to see you again, Cormac." he said. "Thought you had decided you liked being a water horse and stayed down there." He wondered if Cormac knew about Corsair taking over after he had vanished. Would there be a fight? The thought raised a spark of interest in him. Fights between Diamondback members had always been eagerly watched by Vicer. Sometimes the whole herd had been split when a male challenged their leader. The two combatants would rally a group of supporters and clash. Oddly enough, it had never resulted in permanent discord among the herd. After the fight was over the new or old leader had situated himself, life went back to normal.

Vicer laughed as the pegasus snapped, walking forward. "Only because you asked so nicely." Coming to a halt, he tilted his head and examined the rope. It didn't look like much at all. In fact,Matata probably would have been able to get it off himself with a little more struggling. He grabbed the part of the loop behind his ear, then lifted it up and pulled it over his ear, then off his head entirely. He opened his jaws to let the rope drop to the ground, then stood back. "How'd you even get that on you in the first place?" he asked. He didn't know of many horses that could make, let alone use rope. At the same time, if this horse had gotten into trouble with somebody, perhaps he would be suited for their band. He leaned his weight onto a hind hoof, fixing the male with a curious look. "So aside from getting yourself tied up, what else can you do? Got anywhere to go?"

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

Pirates</style>

Image Credits

Unregistered

C O R M A C

At his approach, Vicer returned his grin and started to speak. "Good... you again, Cormac." Although he was just getting used to reading others lips, the practice with Aryel had definitely helped and he wouldn't have to suffer the humiliation of asking the stallions to speak slower. It was one thing to say that to a mare and something entirely different to ask that of a stallion. "The same to you Vicer! It has been far too long!" While he did his best to speak as normally as possible, his tones came out just a little loud and off key. "Thought you had... you liked being a water horse... stayed down there." A throaty chuckle escaped his lips as Cormac responded to Vicer's teasing. "It was a tough decision, but I missed your pretty face so much that I couldn't bear another moment without it."

Since he was focused on Vicer, it was only after the chestnut stag moved to help the colt that he realized that he had spoken. After Vicer got the rope off the young stag, Cormac gave his undivided attention to watching for any movement of their kissers so that he wouldn't miss anything else. Hopefully the colt hadn't already said his name, cause that could get awkward. "How'd you... get that on you... the... place?" Since Vicer was turned to the side, Cormac had a harder time reading his lips, but he still got the gist of it. "So... getting yourself tied... what... can you do? Got... to go?" Dang this lip reading stuff was hard!

Not knowing exactly what they were talking about, the scarred stallion just let Vicer take care of it seeing as he was doing such a good job. Cocking a hoof, Cormac kept his golden eyes trained on the two others so that he could at least keep a hold on the conversation.

Banned
Bear
Whilst Vicer was pulling the rope of from round Matata's neck the colt stood with his eyes straight forward, not wearing either a smile or a frown. His face was one to make you laugh really. He glared briefly at the rope on the ground when it had been dropped, still annoyed at himself for even letting it get round his neck in the first place.

When Vicer was asking questions his eyes wandered of the the bay standing next to him and started to only half listen to Vicer. He was interested in the bay that seemed to only talk to his friend and not him, making Matata quiet annoyed. Matata didn't know that Cormac relied on lip reading and so her only thought one thing-Fine then, if he is going to ignore me then I won't bother talking to him. and so he now focused fully on Vicer, ready to answer his questions.

"Long story," he started of with, quickly continuing. "I'm afraid if I told you what other skills I have that you would be here till about tommorow night?" He grinned. "And I wouldn't want to bore you both." Although he didn't care for the other stallion at the moment he would at least try a bit to include him in some way. "Oh and I havn't really got anywhere to go. I'm just a lone colt."

Unregistered

"Aww, you flatter me, Cormac." he said, his tone mockingly sweet. His attention went back to Matata, trying hard not to laugh at his irate expression. His boasting was even harder to not laugh at. "In that case, we'll take your word for it. Although, I wouldn't be so cocky if I were you. At least until I've got some muscle behind me to back it up." The foal was a little scrawny, at least in Vicer's eyes. Then again, most horses viewed through Vicer's eyes tended to pale compared to him. There were always exceptions, but this foal was not one of them. Still, that kind of spirit would be perfect in the Pirates, provided they could beat a little stupidity out.

"So you're a loner, eh? Well, maybe you'd like to change that. Y'see, Cormac and I are part of a rogue band that's set up shop south of here. The Pirates." He swished his tail, letting the colt consider. "We've been kind of dormant for a while, mostly keeping to ourselves, but that's because we don't quite have the horsepower to start causing trouble like we want to." He lowered his head, fixing the colt with a mischievous grin. "And we're always looking for new members."

Whether or not the foal accepted was no matter to him, but Vicer knew unmolded talent when he saw it. This foal had a knack for making trouble. In fact, he almost reminded Vicer of himself, but younger, more headstrong and less experienced. And that meant he had potential. Losing Alvilda had not made Vicer any less of a narcissist.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

Pirates</style>

Image Credits

Unregistered

C O R M A C

A hearty chuckle escaped Cormac's lips as he observed the colt glaring at the rope and gave him a saucy wink. "I'd be willing to bet some little filly saw your handsome face and tried to rein you in eh?" His tones were teasing as he grinned. The differences between the three stallions amused him as he glance over at the white colt, comparing himself to him. While the colt was more pretty boy handsome, Cormac was ruggedly handsome, and Vicer was just handsome in general.

"Long story, I'm... what other skills I... here.. tomorrow night." Crap, the kid talked too fast for him to pick up anything that made sense, although by his cocky posture Cormac could guess that he was boasting about skills that he may or may not have. When Vicer's lips started moving the scarred pirate shifted his attention to his mate. "In that case, we'll take your word for it. Although, I wouldn't... so cocky if I were you. At least until... some muscle behind me to back it up." Thank the gods for more reasonable equines who didn't speak at such a rapid fire pace. "Ah, come on Vicer, give the kid some credit." A smile lit his features as he continued on, "I'm sure that he could take both of us on whenever he'd like." Nodding to the white colt he let his tones ring out again, "Isn't that right brother?"

After he finished speaking the colt opened his lips again, and Cormac braced himself for some more rapid fire speech. "Oh... anywhere to go. I'm... a lone colt." Perfect! The Pirates could always use a little more mischief. Seeing Vicer take a breath to speak, the bay stud switched his attention to the chestnut stallion. "So you're a loner, eh? Well, maybe you'd like to change that... Cormac and I are part... band that's set up... here. The Pirates. We've been... for a while... keeping to ourselves, but that's because we don't quite have the horsepower... causing trouble like we want to." Snorting quietly to himself as Vicer touched on a sore subject for him, Cormac twitched his tail in irritation. The only reason they weren't out causing mayhem was because of the ridiculous quest that the God of Earth had tasked him and once he returned from the water he found the his mate Corsair had taken up the Captain's rank and not much had happened in his absence. Oh well, he was back now and fully intended to make the pirates one of the greatest outcast herds Helovia had ever seen.

Lost briefly in his thoughts, Cormac missed the first half of the words that came out of Vicer's mouth and only caught the tail end of it. "...for new members." Grinning wolfishly, the stud added a few words of his own. "That is, only if you're up for it... we understand if you think a pirate's life is too hard" A challenge gleamed in Cormac's golden optics, daring the young colt to prove himself as a worthy stallion.

Banned
Bear
He glared at the rope, hating it and glad to have it finally of from round his neck. His hatred turned to amusement though. His ears pricked in the direction or Cormac and he just caught the saucy wink that was shot from him and returned it with a handsome raise of his head and flick of his tail whilst his eye flickered mischeviosly. "Well, what can I say?" A rather charming, mischevious smile flickered from his lips. He may of been young but he knew how to charm the ladies.

His attention then fell back onto Vicer with his some what harsh words. Of course though, Matata took them all in his stride and he instantly knew what he needed to say but he decided to let Cormac finish speaking. When he had finished speaking Matata nodded back at Cormac, briefly looking at him, before his eyes rested on Vicer again. "Yep but I'm afraid I'm stil toning up but I can always fit in a quick spar if need be." He grinned again. There was a clear tone of mischevios sarcasm because he honestly did not feel like fighting. Not at the moment anyway.

The pirates. It sounded like his sort of thing and Matata knew it. He was a natural trouble maker and as Cormac had rightly thought, a stallion who could pull the ladies in. He listen closer to Vicer, then to Cormac. His words were the final push. He abandoned his plans to travel on the return the challenging look in Cormac's eye. "Oh a Challange you say? Bring it on!" Matata planed to leave his mark on the land of Helovia and he would. He would make sure he would.

Unregistered

Her knew Cormac couldn't have possibly know, but nonetheless his expression hardened when Cormac unwittingly mentioned females. "You could say that." he muttered, glancing away. How would his daughter grow up without a mother? Cosette was a caring nurse, ensuring Amara never went hungry, but she was pregnant herself and Vicer worried that when her child was born, she wouldn't have enough milk for the two of them. Pushing the thought away, he turned his attention back to the two stallions.

He chuckled as Cormac chided him, allowing the colt to save face, and Matata took it. "Spars, eh? Well, never let it be said a Pirate backed down from a fight. There'll be time for that later, though." Cormac's implied taunt made it difficult to keep a straight face, but when Matata replied, his grin broke loose again. "Then welcome to the Pirates, Matata." he said. Turning away, he nodded at the others. "I say we head back to the shoreline. On the way, we can discuss rules of the band and such."

-exit-

(SUCKY EXIT POST IS SUCKY.)

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

Pirates</style>

Image Credits