[OPEN] Autumn joy

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks

Rishima</style>
the frenzied pace of the mind inside the cell.</style>

"Kali, do you know what's happened?"

She pauses, a long tendril of fresh meat hanging from a savage beak. Were it not for the blissful purity of her spirit coursing through me and the innocence held in her blue eyes, I would think her a formidable creature indeed, and probably be contemplating how best to make a quick escape.

She senses this, and growls, pleased to know how intimidating a picture she poses. The dead rabbit lays clutched tight beneath her avian claw, blood staining the thin grass a dull, burnt red. She's almost full, I can tell, and getting sleepy. Sometimes I think that the brat would sleep all day if I didn't keep her occupied, other times I wish I could just get her to quiet down.

"It's autumn now. Do you know what that means?"

A brisk breeze whirls through the misty glade, whipping up Kali's feathers and tugging playfully at my ivory forelock. She's interested now, deeply curious by my cryptic clues and fully gorged on rabbit. She won't let on, though, or at least she'll try not to, grooming her claws nonchalantly while watching me through a narrowed eye. Whrrrt? she purrs, bright sparks of excitement jumping through our bond, an obvious contradiction to her behavior. When I don't answer she grows more eager, gold-tipped tail twitching in the grass, claws kneading the ground anxiously. Whrrrt?! she demands now, clenching her hindquarters before leaping into the air. It only takes one graceful beat of her wings to bridge the distance between us; she flies an anxious circle around me, now too curious to stay still.

"Shall I tell you?"

An enthused screech. I smile. She's fallen right into my trap.

"It means that it's time for me to capture you!" Serpentine neck snaps forward, my jaw stretched wide to catch her tail. Teeth clench - gently - and suddenly she can't move, but beats at the air purposelessly while crying out avian laughter, struggling to escape my steadfast grasp. It's her favorite game, this catch-and-escape, and one I don't play with her nearly often enough. I have been a hermit, a moonlit wanderer of my own mind, and it is time I roused myself from my broodings. With a toss of ivory and golden mane I release her, grinning as her sudden freedom sends her flying halfway to the trees. Indignant, ecstatic, she catches herself and shoots high into the air, planning her rebuttal attack.

For the first time in what feels like ages, I laugh.

image by tambako @ flickr.com</style>

Jasiri Posts: 12
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: 2 Years
Adoptable

J A S I R I

I am restless, slender, long legs uneasy beneath me, my tufted tail twitching flippantly, and my sapphire eyes bright and sharp, excited and impatient, as I stalk through the lands, doing my best to mimic dad's effortless, silent-footed walk. Unfortunately, my mimicry is not as good as I would hope, despite my constant efforts to hone it to deadly silence. My horn, the pearl thing longer and sharper than I ever would have hoped, is no longer a soft nub, but strengthening as I am so slowly weaned off my mother's milk. Still it is gentle and well-rounded, but it is more like daddy's now. At least, despite my hard time trying to remain quiet and silent, I am maturing. I am unaware of any consequences and problems that come with adulthood, the burden of responsibilities. For now, I am content to roam, and I am young besides. But the mist is good cover, silver veils that glimmer and flash under the dull sunlight, glittering dew drops hanging, suspended- my stalking techniques are disturbed by a flutter of wings and laughter, clarion laughter that rings out through the glades and forests, sends me startling to the right, muscles tensing, unprepared for the sudden sound.

I move forward, eyes lined in white kohl bright and curious, ears flickering in an attempt to pinpoint the chiming sound that disrupts the forest. Again my tail flicks, a little stirring. I cannot help but indulge myself in my own laugh, and I shake off my poor attempts at sneaking on the unknown horse when my cloven hooves crash through a rotten log. I carefully extract them, grimacing at the slivers embedded in them, and morosely shake my head, using my soft horn to scrape it away. A few minutes past as I set busily off to work at this, and then my long, wild legs collect into a brisk trot, and I am searching for the... the... culprit of laughter again. I am Jasiri, daughter of Xanthos and Romani, the mystery-solver! I nearly laugh out loud at the thought, and a smile twitches up on my lips. It sounds nicely inside my head- my mild curiosity to find the culprit strengthens into a desire. More moments past, my cloven hooves loud on the dew-y ground, a golden shape among the mist, a wraith just like daddy, who I constantly admire. Mother has her own power, her own aura, as a warrior- but warriors are so overdone, so common, that I desire something new. Besides, the idea of actually... I don't know... being a spy appeals to me. Going unseen, hearing secrets. It seemed so much more a curious, interesting route.

I pause, seeing a darkened shape through the fog, and yet whoever it is, unfamiliar it may be, it smells of Edge, and I move forward, eyes squinting, searching for that mysterious someone. A shallow exhale comes from my lungs as the form solidifies. I am ever so slightly disappointed- it is not the WeyrLeader, who I vaguely hoped to see with a foal's curiosity. But from the brief time I had seen the dark Queen, with the great God of the Earth (though I did not know it at the time), I thought I saw her in this mare. Maybe it was the lady's way of movement, the ebony glint of her coat, the way she seemed to be a shadow as well, charcoal, and yet golden. "Moon," I sigh, looking at her in quiet curiosity. Young as I am, my vocabulary is still so limited, so I pick the word I think best fits her. Moon for the cresent on her hindquarters. "Jasiri," I say, looking shyly at my cloven hooves. It's not like me to be shy, so I'm not sure why I find myself recoiling slightly from the shadow-mare.

Suddenly I turn my face upwards, mouth parting slightly in awe, eyes widening in fascination. It's a creature... my mind has no name for it. A smooth blend of two creatures I don't know, but I am instantly fascinated by the glitter of feathers seamlessly running into thick fur. "What- that?" I ask, admiring the glint of the hazy sun on it. Is it a her or a him? How do I tell? What is it's name? There are questions bursting to the front of my inquisitive mind- I look hopefully to the black mare, eyes huge. "Please," I groan in exasperation, stamping a hoof before she even would have chance to speak. "Want to knew," I continue on. It's rude of me, looking back, but I was young then, so young, still suckling for most part, only just starting to nibble on grass.

[sorry this is so long and rambly and goes nowhere.]

harold.lloyd @ flickr