the Rift

[OPEN] Blood Stains on the Snow [Snö, Open]

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

He allowed her silence to analyze her thoughts, pressing his shoulder against hers for comfort and stability. From beneath the smooth curve of his wing, he watched the snowflakes as they danced in broad circles, spinning on the dying winds; he marvelled at how they reminded him of himself, once so lost and carefree that he had simply spun in circles as if chasing his tail. He had always had a dream, a goal to work towards despite his lack of direction as a child, but despite all that had changed he still found himself surprised at where he had ended up.

That wasn't to say he was the least bit disappointed, however. Fate had taken him by the hand and guided him away from his family, chasing him off to foreign lands where a better life could be forged. He had endured long nights alone and endless days of searching for a purpose, but in the end everything had worked out. When Chernobyl had first stumbled upon him on the Steppe, he had not expected for a single moment that she would grow to be of such importance to him; he hardly imagined they would part ways as friends, but they had proved to become far more than that.

He was only all too eager to discover what else the winding path of his life would hold for him, but as he draped his neck across the mare's shoulders he knew it would involve her. He felt her shudder slightly beneath his touch, and he pressed his cheek into her crest as she spoke, listening to the vibrations through her skin. He smiled soundlessly, closing his eyes to enjoy the sound of her heart as he had used to do with his mother.

"I wish I never had to leave," he sighed with a soft smile, finally lifting his head once more to release her from his hold. "However, I shall give you something to remember me by." He turned his head away from her with a mischievous smile, reaching for his other wing which had remained folded at his side. He extended the appendage, brushing his muzzle along the lower section of his wing where the feathers were smaller and softer.

Selecting two of the finest ones, he pulled them gently from their places. His skin stung slightly as the feathers were removed, but the pain wasn't severe by any means and it was a small price to pay for a simple gift. Turning his head back toward Chernobyl, he reached his muzzle out for her neck and tucked the feathers into her mane behind her ear. He smiled, admiring his work, and paying little mind to the fact that the downy feathers might be pulled free by the wind or shook loose by a movement of her head.

"Now I'll always be with you," he said with a smile. The white feathers were tipped with a vibrant green that became iridescent in the dark, and with any luck they would provide her with a sense of comfort whenever she needed it and he could not be with her. Of course, they might attract attention amongst the other members of the Basin, but he suspected she should easily be able to pass them off as battle trophies. Didn't other unicorns carry about the feathers of their victims as a status symbol of sorts? Ducking his head back under his wing, he looked out toward the mountains. The storm was dying, if only ever so slightly, but he hardly payed the pre-winter squall any attention as his mind was captivated by other thoughts.

"talk talk talk"

Wind me up, put me down
Start me off and watch me go

Image Credit
x

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blood Stains on the Snow [Snö, Open] - by Murdock - 04-22-2013, 06:58 PM