the Rift

[OPEN] Blood Stains on the Snow [Snö, Open]

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

He expected nothing from her in return, but her smile was reward enough. Her response was more than satisfactory and it was a pleasant sensation to know you had made someone happy, regardless of the size or importance of the gesture. In all truth, she was the only one who could make him happy, and that fact was beginning to grow more and more obvious as time went on. He had never truly become aware of his feelings until now, but he embraced them openly.

"I would do anything for you," he replied, meeting her darkened gaze with a smile. "I don't expect you to give anything in return," his voice held a tone of honesty and encouragement as she turned away, and he pressed himself closer to her side. Didn't she know that her presence was all he needed? Despite the new family he had discovered in the Foothills, they still felt foreign and unfamiliar to him, while she was comforting and welcoming.

The darkness that fell around them seemed so sudden and out of place, as he had hardly noticed the time pass since her arrival. He barely remembered the flight over to the Steppe from the edges of the Foothills, and the memory was vague as if it had taken place days ago. His markings began to glow faintly, springing into view from the curve of his cheekbones and the smooth slope of his shoulders. His pale feathers, still held above their heads and draped across Chernobyl's back, became alight with a faint green. The two that were now lightly woven into her mane began to glow as well, reflecting off the curve of her ears and the slope of her neck.

Her promise was a surprise to him, though it was a welcome one. A broad smile split across his lips, and he nodded his head in a agreement. "Thank you". He could think of nothing more to say to express his gratitude, as he felt words could hardly convey the way he felt. Her words seemed to bring to light their ever-present predicament, however, what with the majority of Basin members prejudiced toward his species. It made for a dramatic and almost tragic story, with them separated by their families much like some twisted version of Romeo and Juliet, though that wasn't to say Murdock was fond of the difficult situation.

Regardless of racist unicorns, he would brave anything they could throw at him to come see her on the Steppe. It was a short flight from the Foothills, and at the time he had little to tie him to his home grounds and it would be a welcome break from the boredom to get away from the monotonous green hills. He turned his head back toward her, dragging his gaze away from the colourful array of stars to meet her eyes once more. "I look forward to it. There is much to be seen out there," he smiled brightly, softly touching his muzzle to her neck. He felt not the cold of the air nor the bite of the wind, but only warmth; warmth he received from her heart and her being as she stood ever so close to him.

"talk talk talk"

Wind me up, put me down
Start me off and watch me go

Image Credit

(Ugh, this is all over the place ._.)
x

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blood Stains on the Snow [Snö, Open] - by Murdock - 04-30-2013, 11:01 PM