the Rift

[OPEN] Brick by Brick

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

How long had they had plans for a wall now? A season? Two seasons? The idea was a great one, to be sure. A wall to keep out any wingless attackers, like those damn Basin horses. Or Tio. Imagine their faces when they saw a gleaming metal wall between them and the Throat. Oh, how fun it would be to walk along the top of the wall and taunt any would-be enemies. She hadn't seen much of their new crafter though. Herd gossip said he was a bit of an eccentric, had a falcon, and carted around dead game. Ew.

Speaking of that crafter, was that him over there?

She paused her ambling along the wall's sporadic markers, peering at the horse in front of her. His disheveled appearance certainly made him look eccentric. And there were the dead animals hanging from strings around his neck. Her nose wrinkled slightly at the smell. Java, clinging to her neck, shared her revulsion. Still, he was the one undertaking the difficult task of making them a wall, and she respected him for it. "It looks good." she called, stepping forward and giving him a polite smile. She turned to survey the new block of steel, whistling. "When I heard we were going to have a wall, I thought it would just be stone and mortar. I didn't expect steel. Nobody's getting through that." She didn't want to seem like a gushing fool, though. That was enough complimenting for now.

She looked around the work site, wondering where he was getting the materials. There were a few scattered, bits of ore gleaming in the sand nearby, but the grain were far too small to use in the wall. How was he getting his material in the first place? Did he dig it out of somewhere? Aryel didn't really know much about metalworking. She knew the desert produced deposits of minerals, but getting them to the wall had to be difficult. You could only really carry one chunk of metal in your mouth at a time.

She tilted her head, looking at an unfinished section of the wall. Well, she didn't have patrol duty today. She might as well offer assistance. "Do you need any help?" she asked the Forger. "I don't know much about building walls, but I'll try to help if I can."

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
Brick by Brick - by Coris - 04-02-2013, 12:48 PM
RE: Brick by Brick - by Aryel - 04-02-2013, 01:34 PM
RE: Brick by Brick - by Hector - 04-03-2013, 04:22 PM
RE: Brick by Brick - by Coris - 04-15-2013, 12:15 PM
RE: Brick by Brick - by Aryel - 04-18-2013, 06:14 PM