the Rift

[OPEN] Brick by Brick

Coris Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

His eyes part soon enough as a voice comes, pulling him from his brief reverie of thought. Truthfully he'd been about to slip into a nap, abruptly tired as he tried to ponder his latest obstacle to avoid. It would seem crafting took a good deal out of him when magic was involved.
Above Venati screamed a warning. He disregarded the bird's silly worries, turning instead to the figure that neared.

A gentle laugh quipped from his throat at her compliment. He caught himself, the sound dying away swiftly. "Forgive me my lady, I appreciate your admiration, but I fear there is nothing yet worthy of such praise. There is much work yet to be done." Coris dipped his head respectfully. Venati sent a flash of confused violet to his mind, unable to understand why he'd de-value his own work when he was normally so prideful.
I can only take pride in something worthwhile, his mind sighed back, grey eyes flickering over the very plain and very single piece of wall.

She curved about his metal sheet, and whether she was just kind or finally recognized how plain it truly was, offered her assistance. His lips broke into a thin smile, apologetic almost in the way it wrinkled his mouth corners. Before he could utter a response however another came. Coris' attention drifted towards the red stallion, intrigued by the style of his horns and the fall of wings upon his backside.
"Sergeant!" the stud called out, his voice intrusive with its bold volume. Coris' ears settled back briefly, as if to shake out the excitement from the boy.

He introduced himself, not that it helped Coris know him much better - he didn't know Aryel either, not surprising for him. Coris had to hide his smile at the fact Hector seemed not only to recognize, but freely say he was a simple soldier.
Even simple things had their uses Coris supposed, and he needed the stud's bulk not this thoughts today.

"Hail Hector. As it is I could use assistance from both of you. I'm afraid what you see before you took all the metal ores I had and I am in need of more." He paused, his thoughts furrowing his 'brow. "I was trying to decide how best to find and gather them. I assume there is plenty of metal here, but most underground. I am afraid with my leg still in repair beating at rock would disable me for many moons, but I fear even in your health chipping away at it may be damaging and untimely. Is there anyone here who works with the earth?"

Messages In This Thread
Brick by Brick - by Coris - 04-02-2013, 12:48 PM
RE: Brick by Brick - by Aryel - 04-02-2013, 01:34 PM
RE: Brick by Brick - by Hector - 04-03-2013, 04:22 PM
RE: Brick by Brick - by Coris - 04-15-2013, 12:15 PM
RE: Brick by Brick - by Aryel - 04-18-2013, 06:14 PM