the Rift

[OPEN] Confused and Alone

Balé Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Balé
The Innocent

Balé lay there motionless for a while. He couldn't understand what was happening, perhaps because he was so drained but maybe because his mind wouldn't let him understand. His limp body lay in the grass as another horse came up to him. Merely observing these events, he couldn't interact. And, as is true with observation, he couldn't make sense of the events, only witnessed them. Even though he might have been even slightly aware of what was happening he still couldn't make sense of it all.

His mind was in a fog. For a while yet to come nothing would make sense to the unfortunate colt. All that he had known in his short time here had changed and was still changing at an unimaginable pace. The foothills were no longer the same place it seemed. Everything seemed much darker now...somehow more bleak. Hard to describe but easy to feel, the morale here was now so low. Just being here left one in a feeling of despair.

The horse came up to him, racing to get there in time, but in time for what? When she approached she was like a ghost. He could barely see her shape and his eyes wouldn't focus on where she was. She was everywhere around her, moving too fast for him to focus on her. As if he was but a fixture in time and everything else was moving forward around him. He was an unchanging point with the world revolving around him.

For those brief few seconds his mind was working again, albeit only inside of his head, but it was short lived. Body sinking into the ground and eyes rolling back into his head, Balé had no energy left. His crumpled body entered into stupor, unable to do anything.

Sweet Nayati, now much larger than before, stood over him crying tears of sorrow for the colt she knew not so long ago. She was no longer a tiny filly, but more of a beautiful mare. Her spotted coat still the same as before but her disposition was more able...she cared for herself now. Flowers bloomed around her dainty white frame, encompassing both of them. The blossoms didn't reflect her mood or the situation in the slightest. Tears fell from her bent head onto the petals, and then were gently relayed to the ground. Dear Nayati's body heaved in silence; she seemed close to desperation.

From a distance a horse and large brown animal meandered close to them. The horse seemed less sure, taking a stance further back. Whatever the brown figure was, walked up to the two horses now laying on the ground. Slowly it closed the distance between them. The horse, seeming drawn to the figure, walked behind it. It didn't do so with an entirely happy heart either.

The horse, a beautiful mare, was dark with a very light mane and tail and white markings on her legs. But most noticeably about her was, without a doubt, her crimson eyes and long white horn with a matching crimson tip.

The animal that was now only a short distance away from them was quite obviously a bear. The fluffy counterpart of the horse walked until he was next to the two horses. Balé was in no position to make any sort of movement, or even respond, but Nayati made no move either. She was in much too much pain to do anything about this benign animal.

Behind the bear the horse approached. Head held high, she spoke. "You two are not supposed to be here. Winter is fast approaching. You'll likely..." She paused here, trying to find the right words for the two foals, "find it a difficult time to be along. You are welcome to use the Foothills as sanctuary." Then her look darted to the three when she saw that something was off with one of the foals. "What's wrong with him?"

[:DDD Of course I don't mind! I love Nayati! Haha, so I looked on your page, can I call you Brit? XD Poor little Balé. I thought you had left too so it took me a while to come back. But I'm back now! And you're welcome to use that picture I made of the two of them on her page or whatever you'd like. :3
And for Ktulu, does this mean that Balé is accepted back into the foothills?]

Messages In This Thread
Confused and Alone - by Balé - 04-02-2013, 03:18 PM
RE: Confused and Alone - by Nayati - 04-02-2013, 06:24 PM
RE: Confused and Alone - by Ktulu - 04-06-2013, 12:59 AM
RE: Confused and Alone - by Balé - 04-06-2013, 03:07 PM
RE: Confused and Alone - by Nayati - 04-09-2013, 11:03 PM
RE: Confused and Alone - by Ktulu - 04-12-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: Confused and Alone - by Apollo - 04-13-2013, 02:42 AM