the Rift

[OPEN] Confused and Alone

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

Soft eyes found hers, but they were far away as if in a dream. Despite her own body burning and aching, Nayati could summon no concern for herself. Every piece of her worry was directed to the sweet, gentle soul that lay prone in the sea of flowers that had been summoned around them. How long she lay there, she didn't know, but his silence scared her. Would yet another of her beloved friends meet the heavens so early in life? Nayati's tears slowed, pain in her heart aching far more than any of her body could possibly protest. Who else did she truly have? Romani was clearly nowhere to be found, as this grove was rather familiar to her. Even cries of distress had not brought her running, and in her heart Nayati knew she no longer resided in the Foothills.

Bale was all she had left.

In her soft, quieting cries she heard the approach of another. Small as it was, she assumed it to be a foal, only for her ruby irises to land upon the furry form of what was clearly a bear. Unsurprised, remembering Romani's companion, Nayati lifted her crown slowly to stare at it with tear-hazed eyes. No longer did they fall, too tired and concerned over Bale to continue the wracking sobs. The companion approached, intelligence gleaming in dark chocolate orbs. Perhaps even care? Concern? Having no bond with him, Nayati was clueless in that scenario, but his kindness and slow approach soothed her jumpy system. Soft grunt came her way, crown tilting in an adorable fashion. Though her nod was barely seen he came forth regardless, wrapping himself around them like a blanket of fur and warmth. Gently she brushed her coal muzzle against his ear, snuffling. It was her attempt at a thank you, sincerity shining in her gaze. Alert as ever with how nervy she could be, Nayati's eyes flicked to the mare that approached long before her words touched the pricked icy auds on her crown.

Terse greeting did nothing to dissuade Nayati, and briefly she fondly thought of Insanity. Remembering those old mannerisms she stood on legs that shook with the exhaustion and pain she felt in them. Even so she raised her head high, not exactly proud but respectful enough to attempt to look the woman in her eyes. Short as she was, and would always remain, Nayati could not manage it. Wasn't it the thought that counted though? "I...I know, ma'am." Submission was surprisingly absent in her tone, but acceptance was. Nayati knew with the change in leadership they were no longer a part of the Foothills, and the leader- for that was what Nayati assumed her to be- had the right to chase them out, foals or otherwise. Before she could stand her ground enough to say she would not leave Bale, the woman was gruffly extending an offer for them to stay for the winter. It was clearly not an offer for a home, and Nayati knew that. She had grown much in the near full two seasons she had been alone, and the age in her eyes did not match the one stamped into her body. "You have my thanks, and his as well. I...well neither of us have families any longer, and I am not sure he can survive without me, or the other way around." Rose eyes softened as her gaze turned to him. Nayati had learned how to live on her own, but she would never leave Bale's side even if it meant death. She would welcome it with open arms if it meant leaving by his side. "You do not have to worry over us, I will care for him until Frostfall is over. Thank you, ma'am, you are kind to us where you have no need." Nayati hadn't spoken to another being in so long, and yet her vocabulary was nearly flawless. No longer did she believe in kindness simply for someone's age. Encounters with Mother, Lupus, and others had kept her from being fooled by such childish things. When the subtle hint of possible aid touched her, however, her eyes snapped back to Ktulu. Was it aid? Or was she trying to sense weakness? If she believed Bale to be ill, would she cast him out for fear of contagion?

Tiny legs moved her closer to Bale in a protective manner she had no control over, not even realizing she had done it. Wary intelligence lay in her depths, unhidden. What did she care if the mare kicked them both out? Nayati could care for herself and Bale, even if they had to try and survive in the Wilds. "He seems exhausted, I don't think he can move for the moment. Do you have a healer who can possibly help him?" In her state her blossoms appeared at a faster rate, slowly extending towards the snowy legs of the vixen standing away from them. "My name is Nayati. May I ask yours? I would like to know the name of the person who has extended their home to me, so I may remember it and pay you back when I have something to offer." Nayati didn't want to be in her debt, she knew the look in Ktulu's eyes and was wary of it. Jackal had not had that look, but she had seen it before. This mare had seen much bloodshed, gone through trials Nayati had not and hopefully wouldn't considering her own backstory. She didn't want Bale, perfect sweet Bale, to be exposed to that.

Briefly she wondered when it was that she had grown up and stopped being the stuttering filly she had once been. When it was that she had stopped becoming the shy shadow behind legs of adults, and started becoming the protector.

::ooc- Of course you can call me Brit ^^ and I will definitely use that image, it is so precious! <3

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Messages In This Thread
Confused and Alone - by Balé - 04-02-2013, 03:18 PM
RE: Confused and Alone - by Nayati - 04-02-2013, 06:24 PM
RE: Confused and Alone - by Ktulu - 04-06-2013, 12:59 AM
RE: Confused and Alone - by Balé - 04-06-2013, 03:07 PM
RE: Confused and Alone - by Nayati - 04-09-2013, 11:03 PM
RE: Confused and Alone - by Ktulu - 04-12-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: Confused and Alone - by Apollo - 04-13-2013, 02:42 AM