the Rift

[BASIN] Heaven or Hell [closed | finished]

Zdravilo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The mare walked through the forest. The green canopy of leaves hanging hazily over her swayed softly as a gentle breeze blew through. The soil under her hooves held a vigor that egged the trees to grow taller and wider. Birds chattered in the distance on trees and near to her on land. The piebald fae walked slowly and admired this scene she just waltzed into. Like a page from a fairy tale, everything seemed glorious and friendly, but maybe, just maybe, the horrid was around the corner. For now, she walked through this lively scenery with high hopes.

Soft, nearly inaudible footfalls were muffled by the sod, grasses, and leaf-litter under hoof, carrying her like a shadow, in which her passage went manly unnoticed, but to some, she was a target for a herd. Hard hooves continued the journey over the floor of earth browns and greens that composed the forest floor, leaving a slight imprint upon the moist, nutrient-rich soil. A luxurious, silky coat of sweet light chocolate and milk flickered briefly as the mare passed under a broken shaft of sunlight, gleaming gold against her exotic paint splotches. Eyes of a deep, mysterious orange with a ring of acid, scanned their surroundings, unconcerned, and as tranquil as the ocean on a windless day.

A delicately tapered feminine snout was lifted to the wind, breathing in a deep lungful of the oxygen filled fresh air, relishing its subtle scents that foretold the coming of horse flesh. Her nostrils quivered and shook as the air rattled out. She lowered her head to it's regular stance quickly. She was excited to see who would join her here and introduce her to this so foreign place. Thankfully, this place was warm, and not as frigid as other places she had been. Hopefully it would stay pleasant for as long as possible. Maybe she'd actually enjoy it here!

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi

Descaro set himself a brisk pace that carried him down from the snows of the North, past the Foothills and into the Threshold. Not a scratch of sweat on him as he had been recently training, he wanted to rise through the ranks of warriors and eventually stand at the top. It would take some time, but he was more than prepared for the task ahead. It wasn't like he was getting any younger so he might as well take the risks now. His pace slowed to a walk as he hit the Threshold, hunting for members again, his nostrils to the air and ears roved. Recently he'd had mixed results, bringing one home and another foolishly choosing the Dragons Throat. He snorted. Not a mare worthy of the Basin after all. Dark eyes drifted to look through the branches of the trees, the season had shifted again and Orange Moon had fallen upon them. The weather would turn colder and the days would go shorter.

Trees passed and he turned more corners, his mind drifting back to the Plague meeting and Psyche's stress on recruiting more members. The Soldier worried on that too, recruiting into a secret society was no easy task and racist unicorns were so hard to find these days. It was like all the passion had been extinguished and it saddened him, but whilst there were some who believed the unicorn was supreme then Descaro would continue his efforts for the Plague. If some remained there was always hope. All he had to do was find the right candidates and bring them back to see one of their higher ranking members.

The Soldier walked with a few fresh scars, from his fight with the unknown mare who had sparred with him under the Borealis. Her attacks had been viscous and she came at him with full intent to kill, but Descaro's arrogance wouldn't let him believe he was hard pressed. His vigorous thoughts were cut off, however, as another's scent filled his nostrils and he quickly picked up his pace. He passed a great many trees before he came face to face with a rather pretty picture. Her hair was white like frost and caressed a body that was beautifully lithe, patched in gold and adorned in antlers. Descaro stood for a moment and drank in the bewitching beauty of her pale bodice. He noticed her eyes last, a striking deep orange colour that almost seemed to draw him in and freeze him motionless. What a sublime creature she was!

The Soldier proffered his head in a flamboyant greeting, his dark eyes glittering as he spoke warm words. "Hello Miss, welcome to Helovia! My name is Descaro, may I be of service? A new home maybe? Or do you travel for a different reason?" He offered her many questions, but his voice remained suave and low. A gentle breeze picking up strands of his mane on a very well toned neck.

xxsimplicity-stock | fantasydesignstock @ da

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
The mare wandered to the Threshold, wishing to recruit new members. She passed several hornless, a few carcasses, and a deer. So far, there were no unicorns that looked very 'eye-catching'. Walking casually through the woods, the mare kept audits forward and long pillars moving. White rump swung through the air, tagging along behind lithe neck and legs.

The leaves that hung from the trees were gripping onto the branches with all their might, but slowly loosing their grasp. The once green leaves were beginning to change to hues of orange, yellow and red. Delicate whispers came from the trees as the wind blew between the leaves. The mare seemed to stick out, her blue roan body stuck out like a fire in the sea. With her dark hair waving behind her, she followed a narrow, winding path. Weaving between the bending trees, the mare discovered a young equine. At the sight of the horse, she thought it was a hornless. When she walked closer, she saw small antlers jutting from her brow. A pale coat was blotched with gold. Not only this, but her eyes were a vibrant gold. She looked only slightly younger than the roan mare, but she was around the same height. Dark nostrils flare, and the mare takes in the others' scent.

"Greetings, dear." A devious smile crawled upon the mare's lips are her icy gaze settled upon the pale gold mare. The female brute tried to ignore Descaro, who had already spoken. "In search of a home are we?" Pausing, the mare took a good look at the mare, her eyes scanning over her like a hawk scans the land for prey. "I happen to know a perfect home for you. Filled with unicorns, and only unicorns." Realizing she hadn't said her name, the mare parted her dark lips and let her name slide off her tongue. "I'm Leyra, your name is? No need to be shy.... I don't bite." How untrue that statement was... very untrue. Well.. the mare only bit the hornless.. very rarely did she attack her kin. If she needed to, well, that was a different story. Glaring at the familiar bay stallion, the mare murmured in an annoyed tone, "Descaro..."

Drifting into her thoughts, the mare remembered her time in the Threshold. She had been weak, helpless. She had been weak, now she was muscular, strong. She was deadly now, the opposite of what she once was. No longer was she a soft hearted mare, but she was a strong, aggressive soldier. Speaking of which, she needed to speak with Psyche about a rank change. Back to thoughts on the Threshold, the mare had met a featherbrain, Midas and Mauja. Mauja... her king. No, the king. He was not hers, and he never would be.

Drawing herself out of her thoughts, the female brute gazed at the pale mare, still waiting. Her string of patience was beginning to wear, and her eyes were narrowed. Come on now... we don't have all day... The mare wished to say, but she kept her lips closed and her tail swishing. The silence was fairly calming, but at the same time fairly nerve wracking for the mare. She wanted to make this quick. It was only then she payed attention to Descaro. A little angry and at the same time, a little hurt, the mare shook her cranium gently.

[[So... I took longer to reply and didn't realize that Descaro had been posted... so I had to squeeze a mentioning of him in there.... :P]]

"speech"
Leyra
queen of crimson ice, so delicate
Credits
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Unregistered
[Image: 515b67164b7b7]

Her bode's motion hazily came to a break as close scent of a horse came. It was a bay stallion. He smelt clean as if he'd been in snow for a while. Her pink velveteen lips curl back into a soft spoken smile. He asked her a few questions, and she'd answer them all. "Hello Miss, welcome to Helovia! My name is Descaro, may I be of service? A new home maybe? Or do you travel for a different reason?" Those questions were all valid. She opened her mouth slightly as words caressed her tongue and leaped into the air. "Hello Descaro. I'm Zdravilo." She said Dravilo, as the Z was a silent letter, but nonetheless it sounded the same. She thought for a moment as to how she should answer his next questions. "I'm unsure of what service I'd be in need of at this time, so no thank you!" Her delicate smile hung on as she answered another question. "I was thinking of joining into a home, yes. It'd be fun to do so!" Her orange orbs spotted a mare coming up, and before her mahogany tongue could speak anything else, this blue roan appaloosa spoke. Of course, interrupting wasn't nice, but Zdravilo didn't mind. She listened intently. Every word the mare spoke, she tried taking in to answer to the best of her knowledge. "I happen to know a perfect home for you. Filled with unicorns, and only unicorns." It did indeed sound nice to have a home filled with her kind, but would she ever meet anyone else? Racism wasn't in her blood, but her beliefs could easily be switched, but once she believed something, she believed it. On the fence now, if she choose racism, she would most likely not ever go back.

"Well, Leyra, I was just telling Descaro here, that my name is Zdravilo. Also I told him, that I indeed was looking for a possible home. I've never been around a lot of my own kind, and I guess it'd be easy to do so. I am sure we all know that pegasus are flighty and equines can be... dull sometimes." She stopped rambling before she bore them to death. Where would this lead? What was this place like? How many unicorns are there? She slowed the general amount of questions her brain was producing. She was slightly excited and a little nervous. Everything was a question mark at this point, but she indeed intended to find out one thing. "What is this unicorn only place called?" She felt bad she didn't answer Descaro's question, but as she answered Leyra's she answered Descaro's so.. two in one? Her salt and pepper tail swayed softly back and forth. Her orbs looked between the two. Descaro seemed nice and gentle, and Leyra seemed like a warrior. The question was.. are they from the same place? Or two different places?

Zdravilo was content in the prescence of these two. She rested her round hoof on it's tip. Her medicine hat covered slightly by her frost forlock that threatened to grow into her eyes. Her mane reaching slightly past her neck, yet despite the length, held no knots and was silky smooth. Her tail was of average length and also held a silky quality. Tossing her feminine head somewhat, she reached it out towards them. Retreated shortly after, both of her ears perked to full alert. She was excite now that she awaited the so needed answer to sate her curiosity.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."
This one came out a little choppier than expected.

Table Header credits go to baylee.

Outcast
imi
He watched and listened carefully, she seemed friendly enough and her reaction to him was refreshingly forward. She seemed neither nervous nor scared nor over confident, so far Descaro rather approved of her. Not that his approval really mattered. The mare introduced herself next, Dravilo as the warrior heard it, an odd and intriguing name. It sounded quite masculine on the tongue though she was clearly far from it, as the bay had already appreciated. He'd lost count the amount of mares he'd come across in this bland wood so far. Not that he was surprised, what mare wouldn't want to meet him?! She presented a delicate smile then and dismissed the need for assistance, but expressed her interest in the need for a home. Descaro's smile broadened at that and he watched as she seemed about to say something more, however, the voice he heard next was definitely not from the creamy mares mouth. The smile on the stud faded and he slowly turned to face the familiar voice, dark eyes meeting the blue bodice of Leyra. A bodice that had belonged to him for one night, such a gullable mare she was.

For a moment, Descaro remained silent and let the mares talk, resting a back hoof as he waited. It wasn't all too long before Leyra finally addressed him and the stud turned to face her with a sickly sweet smile. "Hello my dear. You look well" he said with snide tones. It was her own fault for waltzing into his presence anyway, she should know by now that her words of anger did little to effect him. Such was his arrogance. Confidently, he turned back to the painted mare, replacing his facade with a gentle one and unconsciously looked to the North. Where the Basin lie.

"North, in the snowy regions of the mountains is a hidden herd called the Aurora Basin. You would be welcomed with respect and treated well, we look after our own apart from those who betray us." He said simply, there was no threat in his suave tones. He simply informed. The mare might as well have some inkling that bad things happen to those who rat them out. The Soldier had yet to determine whether Dravilo was a racist, though she showed little sign of it, but her assessment of the other races was rather promising. If she wasn't, maybe he could convert her later. Another for the plague.

Descaro continued to ignore the fact Leyra was there, it was better than trying to talk to her, no doubt it would simply descend into endless arguments about the haunted subject of commitment. Though he did often wonder how Frost Fyre was, he rarely saw her with her mother, a day would some when he would have to teach his daughter how to fight. Alas, that day was not this one. Lips parted again and his velvet voice spoke to Dravilo "I may be bias, but the best place to be is alone with our own kind. Together we are stronger" he rather grunted the last statement. As if agreeing with his own words.

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
The paint mare was a little too talkative and bubbly in the female brute's mind. A racist, cold unicorn is never talkative, never bubbly. And rarely smiles, at least, that's how the roan mare imagined them to act. With icy cold eyes constantly flickering towards Descaro, the mare knew that trying to talk with him or interact would lead to some type of arguing... probably about their child or how frustrated the mare was at Descaro for leaving her.

But that would be foolish, would it not? Especially in front of a stranger. In fact, the thought humored the mare. Descaro and her arguing like an old married couple, oh the humor. The mare smirked, her icy eyes flickering over the stallion's familiar figure. She forced herself to pull away, to keep her eyes away from him as though he was a disease.

Keeping her thoughts to the back of her mind, the mare tried to hone back in on the conversation. "Hello my dear. You look well." I freeze, glancing at Descaro with eyes narrowed. "Save your breath." The mare forced herself not to add, 'bastard' at the end of the sentence. Instead, she turned to the pale mare, speaking in a somewhat nicer tone. "Do you wish to follow us to the Basin?" The mare gazed at the pale female, wondering if this mare had what is would take took to be a true member of the Basin.

Moving audits back, the female brute waited for someone to speak. She tried to ignore Descaro as much as she could, or else she'd end up screaming. Or possibly attacking him. The bastard... She was constantly looking at him despite the fact she doesn't want to look at him. Drawing her eyes away, she awaits the pale mare's answer.

[[Bad post is bad post :| ]]

"speech"
Leyra
queen of crimson ice, so delicate
Credits
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Unregistered
[Image: 515cd78c46051]

The fight between the racism, and equality in me has begun.

The pale femme stood idly for a moment. Her audibles were content and recently slanted back. Her curved withers stood shorter than the stallion, but her shoulders sloped softly with slightly accented muscles, his however, were defined and large. She certainly didn't want to get gargantuan with muscles. She was a delicate and petite form. Durable, yet she had a feminine look. Her gold spots seemed to all be in the prefect spot and have the same lush value. White lashes blink as her orbs flick back and forth between the two. Descaro spoke first with a persuasive chord.

"North, in the snowy regions of the mountains is a hidden herd called the Aurora Basin. You would be welcomed with respect and treated well, we look after our own apart from those who betray us." Well that had sounded indeed interesting, but the last part brought her curiosity high. Her velvet rose lips parted as a few words decided to reply to Descaro. "Well, that does sound very indeed nice..." She said in a soft tone, almost inaudible. "Now, tell me. How did they betray you?" Now would be the first step of her becoming racism. Many horses would lie above and beyond at that to get her racist, but would he? Her nearly faded smile reappeared with vigor when he said his last statement. Immediately, her attention was torn from the mellowness of his suave voice to the brute's. She had a different approach... Much different.

"I think I would like you to follow you, both, to you home." Her response seemed so desperately needed from the appaloosa. Her hoof re-balanced and lay flatly and no longer on its tip. "Is it far?" She looked down the thin path. Questions re-entered her brain. Since the path was thin, who would lead? Would they squish next to each other and both lead? Would they speak, walk, trot, canter gallop?

Zdravilo is a special mare. She has never been 'tamed' by a stallion. Never impregnated, never broken. She knows things... a lot of things, and she knows that with some horses, they love her, but she becomes this idolized horse that is unattainable. She'd want to be the healer or medic... whatever the Basin horses called it. She'd want that spot for she wouldn't be so unreachable. Have a little cut? No problem. Just see the medic. It was also fun and joyous to carry that spot, but then again, it was most likely filled.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

[Image: 515cda7543e45]
Table Header/Footer credits go to baylee.

Outcast
imi
Descaro grunted at Leyra's comment, his lips turning into a smirk as he lifted his resting foot and prepared the long journey back. The stallion wondered if Leyra intended to follow him the whole way back, the conversation was bound to be awkward if not verging on screaming at each other. Either way the Soldier shrugged, she could follow along if she wanted, but he hoped the blue mare didn't expect him to speak to her. They might scare their newest recruit away if they allowed themselves the pleasure of an argument. He turned to consider Dravilo then, she asked quite an odd question and it took a moment for the bay to realize she had picked up on something he'd said earlier. His gaze turned thoughtful and he chose his next words carefully, not wanting to give too much away to a mare he'd only just met.

"By siding with our enemy" he said simply, but with a finality to his voice that he would speak no more of the matter. If she proved trustworthy then maybe he would tell her more later, for now he couldn't just blurt out gang secrets in the middle of the Threshold. Psyche would have his pride in an instant. Not something Descaro wished to lose, in his mind it was one of his best assets, along with his handsome picture. An ear flickered as Leyra asked if she would join them back and the Soldier watched the stranger carefully. Noting she seemed more than willing to cooperate with them and he was pleased she asked many questions, an ignorant mare would only become a liability after all.

Dravilo spoke the deciding words and finally Descaro began to walk towards the icy Basin, throwing a look once over his shoulder and motioning for her to follow. Completely ignoring Leyra as he did. "Follow me then, it's a fair walk but nothing too strenuous. Once we reach the Basin I will take you to one of a higher rank than myself, you may choose a role amongst the herd then. If you wish to."

With that he walked off, presuming they were following.

[I'll ask for her rank to be changed and make a post in the Basin ^^]